Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Schedule?
:Skull03:Anybody know what Belfry's schedule is going to look like this year? Tougher? Easier?
What teams did we pick up and what ones did we lose?:Skull03:
Lost Prestonsburg.
you aint playin ashland either are ya?
Sounds like the Red Army's strength of schedule may be suffering as a result of the new alignment.
No not at all I dont know the order completely but their non district games are Corbin (Pike Co. Bowl)........Pikeville........Shelby Valley........Lawrence County..........at West Jessamine (one of the Jessamine schools I forget which haha that will be sexond to last week of season. Last game of season Johnson Central travels to Belfry.
Belfry Wins Wrote:No not at all I dont know the order completely but their non district games are Corbin (Pike Co. Bowl)........Pikeville........Shelby Valley........Lawrence County..........at West Jessamine (one of the Jessamine schools I forget which haha that will be sexond to last week of season. Last game of season Johnson Central travels to Belfry.
I'll go ahead and make a prediction from the standpoint of being fortunate enough to see both Corbin and Belfry play their last games of the 2006 season.

Corbin 35
Belfry 27

Cashen vs May
It all depends with that game on who steps in the new places and how each team works over the Summer. Corbin probably has less holes to fill and Belfry will have a young secondary but you never know.
I know they play Valley this year it won't be a blow over like every other year but I don't need to say anything it just needs to be shown.
DevilsWin Wrote:I'll go ahead and make a prediction from the standpoint of being fortunate enough to see both Corbin and Belfry play their last games of the 2006 season.

Corbin 35
Belfry 27

Cashen vs May

cashen and may probably wont meet head to head on a single play
I agree with DevilsWin Belfry will fall to Corbin in a heartbreaker. Its a shame that the Pirates will lose arch rival Prestonsburg this was always my favorite game to play in and one that i will always miss deeply. Good luck to both teams in the upcomming season.
bizmark Wrote:cashen and may probably wont meet head to head on a single play
That's because May won't be able to catch him.
DevilsWin Wrote:That's because May won't be able to catch him.

haha maybe not. im not taking anything away from may but i think he is a little over rated. theres no doubt that he is a real good player but i dont think hes great and people try acting like he is a great player. still a good one though.
Good old crow
bizmark Wrote:haha maybe not. im not taking anything away from may but i think he is a little over rated. theres no doubt that he is a real good player but i dont think hes great and people try acting like he is a great player. still a good one though.

He's borderline IMO. I'd rate him a bit higher that real good, but not great. Only because I saw him truck quite a few high schoolers last year.TongueirateSho
SaunHampt/PIE Wrote:I know they play Valley this year it won't be a blow over like every other year but I don't need to say anything it just needs to be shown.
Why do you guys start this stuff every year, not gonna happen now get voer it lol?
Gorn Wrote:He's borderline IMO. I'd rate him a bit higher that real good, but not great. Only because I saw him truck quite a few high schoolers last year.TongueirateSho

wasnt truckin nobody when Russell came to town :devilflam
bizmark Wrote:wasnt truckin nobody when Russell came to town :devilflam

Kind of hard to truck anyone when you are getting hit as soon as or before you touch the ball.
Kinda off topic but they shoulda beat ashland last year IMO They got screwed
P-Villain! Wrote:Kinda off topic but they shoulda beat ashland last year IMO They got screwed
It took Ashland 3 OTS to beat Russell and Russell blanked Belfry 19-0. Belfry didn't have what it took to beat Ashland in 06. Smile
From the film we studied it sure seemed like belfry should have won maybe im mistaken but...
nobody got screwed, belfry beat themselves. i dont know how many times they put the ball on the ground but ashland recoverd a ton of belfry fumbles.
Midee1 Wrote:Kind of hard to truck anyone when you are getting hit as soon as or before you touch the ball.

Wink
From what I heard about the game from people who attended the game was that if Belfry hadn't gone to the option on the final play and instead went to May they would have had a better chance against Ashland.

Ashlands D stayed home and stopped the option play dead in its tracks.
Before that play May carried the Pirates all night long.
mcdavid picked that option off
is it going to be east carter or west jess? and what do you think there win/loss record will be?and can they play with russell this year if they both meet again?
cuppett777 Wrote:is it going to be east carter or west jess? and what do you think there win/loss record will be?and can they play with russell this year if they both meet again?

I honestly cannot answer the Russell question. I don't know what they have coming back. I do know the spring practice numbers were down for what that matters. Interested to see how both Russell and Belfry do with the new alignment.
does any body know why asland didn't return the favor this year and come to cam?
which is better of the 2 carter schools?i know russell dominated both schools,just seeing if it would be a good game for belfry..
cuppett777 Wrote:which is better of the 2 carter schools?i know russell dominated both schools,just seeing if it would be a good game for belfry..

Historically East has been much better but the coach at West has his program clicking.
well do you think that it would be a good game for belfry? i know of 4teams this year that could give them a lose,but it will keep them during the playoffs,if the earter team is good it could be 5..