Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Weightlifting Meet (NEW DATE)
This will be a Hex Bar Deadlift and Bench Press Competition.

When: April28th, 2007

Weigh-In: 8:00-9:30am

Rules Meeting: 9:30-10:00am

Lifting: 10:00am-end of competition

Cost: $15 Per Lifter, $100 Per School Team

Prizes: All Lifters receive a T-shirt
Team Trophy- 1st 2nd, and 3rd places.
An individual trophy will be awarded for 1st place in each weight class

Weight Classes:
120 and Under... 121 to 140
141 to 160... 161 to 180
181 to 200... 201 to 220
221 to 240... 241 to 260
261 and up

Contact: Any questions about the points system being used, Rules, etc., please contact Anthony Hampton at 606-639-0033. Or email him at [email=anthony.hampton@pike.kyschools.us]anthony.hampton@pike.kyschools.us[/email]

Concessions will be available at this competition!

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/IHX.../quote.gif]
what lifts?
bench press and hex bar dead lift
theres no squat or clean?
CoachB Wrote:bench press and hex bar dead lift

Thats all? Thats a waste of money
Dead lift is a very strenuous lift, and 3 attempts will get a lifter tired. I could not really see how you can fully compete at a contest with more than 2 lifts involved, the body would wear down lifting that heavy of weight.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Dead lift is a very strenuous lift, and 3 attempts will get a lifter tired. I could not really see how you can fully compete at a contest with more than 2 lifts involved, the body would wear down lifting that heavy of weight.
The body does get tired, but as long as your body is used to lifting heavy and stuff then your max's shouldnt be hurt too much, in a full body meet, deadlift is last because it takes so much out of you that it would actually proably hurt your other max's if it was first
Everyone will be suprised if you knew Valley's Lift #'s before they started BFS and now, you will have a chance to see the big improvement in this competition when they show everyone. Thank GOD for BFS.
why isnt there a squat?
I don't know why there isn't a squat but some people would be very happy to see there isn't a squat big #'s at Valley in that Lift.
same here..IMO squat means more than bench on the football field