Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central Coaches Appreciation Thread
Although he didn't win the 15th Region Coach of the Year, Coach Butcher has poured his heart and soul into the PC Girls' program. He has two assistants that are wonderful on and off the court. I am so glad their hard work and dedication paid off last night with a championship win. Coach Mercer, Coach Coomer and Coach Butcher great job:1:
I have to agree. A coach can't please everyone all the time but the proof is in another regional championship. I believe they have the respect of the girls, parents and community. Great job to Coach Butcher and staff. Good luck in the sweet sixteen and the seasons to come.
crawdad Wrote:I have to agree. A coach can't please everyone all the time but the proof is in another regional championship. I believe they have the respect of the girls, parents and community. Great job to Coach Butcher and staff. Good luck in the sweet sixteen and the seasons to come.

He does a good job! If I was Haley Ratliffs dad I would of punched him in the face when he kiss her on the face!
He loves his team and they love him and it shows. The whole team is a family of their own. I have played sports for years and their is always a family feel but these coaches and these girls are close and they just want to win for each other. Great team and great year and keep it up in Bowling Green.
Kissing her on the face?
BondJamesBond Wrote:Kissing her on the face?

He kissed her forehead as he picked her up after she ran and jumped. No, they were not making out on the side line.
the intention of the message was not implying they were "making out".
BondJamesBond Wrote:the intention of the message was not implying they were "making out".

I know I was just joking. I was trying to make light out of something that was actually nothing. I just know how things can get out of control on here. Sorry for the sarcasm (sp). Again, I was just joking. I know you were not implying that at all.
Faith Wrote:He does a good job! If I was Haley Ratliffs dad I would of punched him in the face when he kiss her on the face!

You know what? Why post that sort of a statement? Saying that truly makes you sound ignorant. He kissed all the player's foreheads and not just Haley's. He LOVES those girls as if they were his own children and he APPRECIATES their hard work out on the court.
BleedsBlue Wrote:You know what? Why post that sort of a statement? Saying that truly makes you sound ignorant. He kissed all the player's foreheads and not just Haley's. He LOVES those girls as if they were his own children and he APPRECIATES their hard work out on the court.

Don't worry about it Bleeds Blue. The haters will always be hating. One word for you, JEALOUS.
Getting back to the point of the thread. Congrats again to Butcher and his assistants. You did what it took to win it all. Represent in state. SATURDAY!!!
BondJamesBond Wrote:Kissing her on the face?
He kisses everyone of his players after they win
BleedsBlue Wrote:You know what? Why post that sort of a statement? Saying that truly makes you sound ignorant. He kissed all the player's foreheads and not just Haley's. He LOVES those girls as if they were his own children and he APPRECIATES their hard work out on the court.
Agreed, its a family. The statement was totally uncalled for.
I can't sit back and listen to this any more, Butcher is a joke. He has no clue what he is doing on the sideline, everyone and their mother knows he wouldn't have the job if he was not Steve Butcher Jr. I think it is rediculous that he has the guts to even mention Tammy Tussey in his interview on WYMT after the game. He may work hard, but he is no super coach. Go ahead call me jealous or what, Pike Central is a great team, alot of talent, I wish them the best of luck and hope they represent the 15th with class. But I think their coach does not deserve an appreciation thread.
mcfan1 Wrote:I can't sit back and listen to this any more, Butcher is a joke. He has no clue what he is doing on the sideline, everyone and their mother knows he wouldn't have the job if he was not Steve Butcher Jr. I think it is rediculous that he has the guts to even mention Tammy Tussey in his interview on WYMT after the game. He may work hard, but he is no super coach. Go ahead call me jealous or what, Pike Central is a great team, alot of talent, I wish them the best of luck and hope they represent the 15th with class. But I think their coach does not deserve an appreciation thread.

You are the joke. Have you seen him on the sideline or in a huddle? No, you watched on tv, wow that explains a lot. He doesn't stop coaching he is always coaching. Ask anyone that has been around the man in a basketball arena he knows this sport. Everyone said that PC was no where near the team that they turned out to be (remember their record was horrible and so were they...lol) and that has nothing to do with coaching? Have you ever heard him talk to his players? This is an appreciation thread so either appreciate or start another thread. And yes, you are jealous. Butcher, Mercer, and Coomer will be laughing at your joke all the way to Diddle.
mcfan1 Wrote:I can't sit back and listen to this any more, Butcher is a joke. He has no clue what he is doing on the sideline, everyone and their mother knows he wouldn't have the job if he was not Steve Butcher Jr. I think it is rediculous that he has the guts to even mention Tammy Tussey in his interview on WYMT after the game. He may work hard, but he is no super coach. Go ahead call me jealous or what, Pike Central is a great team, alot of talent, I wish them the best of luck and hope they represent the 15th with class. But I think their coach does not deserve an appreciation thread.

Your my new best friend. I am a diehard Pike Central fan and loyal to every team, but Butcher is not coaching material. He's not a very good person either. I'm sorry. I respect him for taking these girls to state. But Haley learned everything she knows from the one and only Tammy Tussey.
You keep sayin he doesnt deserve this thread!LOOK. This man first year coaching at PC took his GIRLS to regional CHAMPIONSHIP, Second year Taking them to DIDDLE! He's a good coach. Sure he makes mistakes sometimes but so do other coaches. HIS girls are like his childern! His girls are close to HIM, HIS WIFE, MOTHER, SISTER Etc.
GOOD GOING, WAY TO REPRESENT THE 15TH
you know if some of you do not want to show apprciation to a man who takes time away from his family to coach a team to two regional championships then go right ahead...some of you state that Haley learned everything she knows from Tussey...But i guarantee if you walked up to her she would tell you that Butcher has taught he much more...More about not just basketball but life...And what about Harris, Coleman, Slone, Lowe, K. Ratliff and every one else on this team...They played a huge part in this run and i can tell you one thing Tussey taught these girls nothing...Tussey was a great coach and loved and still loves the school but to take something away from a coaching staff who has put so much into the school and team over the past 2 years is ludicrious...you all may have the back bone to stand up for what you believe in but maybe you should step back and take a look from the girls and not a fan...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:you know if some of you do not want to show apprciation to a man who takes time away from his family to coach a team to two regional championships then go right ahead...some of you state that Haley learned everything she knows from Tussey...But i guarantee if you walked up to her she would tell you that Butcher has taught he much more...More about not just basketball but life...And what about Harris, Coleman, Slone, Lowe, K. Ratliff and every one else on this team...They played a huge part in this run and i can tell you one thing Tussey taught these girls nothing...Tussey was a great coach and loved and still loves the school but to take something away from a coaching staff who has put so much into the school and team over the past 2 years is ludicrious...you all may have the back bone to stand up for what you believe in but maybe you should step back and take a look from the girls and not a fan...

Excellent post. I knew when I saw this thread that it would start going negative, as they all do beacause some people have nothing to do but bring other people down, so thank you Bamma. Great job coaches and players. We love you.
ur welcome WYM i just got really pissed when i saw some of the statements...i would love to see MCFAN1's reaction if i was to say Pup was a bad coach and didnt give him the appreciation that he deserves...but he is a great coach at least some of us can have a back bone of pride and respect...
This was a thread started for the fans to show their appreciation to their coach. If you are from an opposing team and do not like them then just move on or start your own thread about why you do not like them. But do not come in here and ruin what was started as a good, honest thread to congratulate their coaching staff.

Closed. Feel free to start another if we can keep it on topic.