Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 78 Magoffin Co. 59!!!
Magoffin County,

you lost to a team that just out ran and played with more determination than Pups team. At this time of year every team has issues. You girls have had a good three years and earned a lot of respect by playing hard and respecting the game.

Don't destroy that image by pointing the lost to sickness and other excuses.....

Plain and simple, Belfry just took it to them
BondJamesBond Wrote:Magoffin County,

you lost to a team that just out ran and played with more determination than Pups team. At this time of year every team has issues. You girls have had a good three years and earned a lot of respect by playing hard and respecting the game.

Don't destroy that image by pointing the lost to sickness and other excuses.....

Plain and simple, Belfry just took it to them
read my post i said they were sick but Belfry and Pikeville were the better teams no excuses i dont believe they could have beat Belfry the way they played if they were healthy
hootie Wrote:Bottom line is that Ashley was about 60%! SHe was the key. Has she been conditioning? She looked like she was out of shape sucking air most of the night. They couldn't push the ball like they wanted too. COngrats BHS on a huge win.

That is a stupid question to ask if the team has been conditioning. You should gop and attend one of the ladies practices and see for yourself.
The fact of the matter is that she and Brittany like a lot of other High School students around the area, were struck by the FLU.
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:Those were MC fans leaving early!

Yes, they were Magoffin County, Fair Weather Fans; the ones who only show up during tournament time and whine and cry because they don't receive special treatment!!
StillAnMCfan Wrote:If she was sick and not doing good, she should have been set down. It's not a crime to have a bad night. There were other girls ready to get in and didn't get the chance. I blame Pup for this loss, not the girls.

Well you aren't a coach and you are not in the position to say what should or should not have been done.
It's kinda hard to set down the best player on the team, for someone who isn't ready to step up.

I would say change your name to USED TO BE AN MCFAN, we don't want your kind of fan base!
StillAnMCfan Wrote:I'm not critizing the other players. The person posting above was saying that AJ was sick and I was told last night by the bus driver that Brittany was sick also. What I said was he should have set them down some. He never gave them a break, they played almost the whole game. There were other players that could have come in and helped. Did you notice how many times Ashley Hall was defending the other board by herself? Her against 3-4. How much playing time did he give the Adams girl? What I was telling the poster was if AJ and Brittany were so bad off, why didn't Pup sub more. The Minix girl got in for what, maybe 30 seconds total? Pup didn't coach last night and everyone knows it. It has nothing to do with being an MC fan or not, if someone messes up, telling the truth don't make you any less of a fan. If I thought the coaching was off, BEING an MC fan gives me every right in the world to voice what I think was wrong as well as what I thought was right. No matter what those girls did to help MC ball in no way takes away my privlege as an MC fan to tell what I think went wrong in a game. It wasn't the girls fault, it was the coaching. Nuff Said!!

And yet he still IS THE ONLY COACH IN MAGOFFIN HISTORY TO WIN A REGIONAL TITLE!!!!

Maybe the schooll system should look at hiring him some quality assistant coaches, who can be at all the practices with him,. Instead of him having to do it all by himself.

He didn't lose the game, you must really be an idiot, for making a statement like this! If the girls shoot 30% instead of 20% for the game, they probably win.Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
TRUETIGERMAN Wrote:IMO I think MC lost because they didn't play TEAM BALL AND TO MANY THREE POINT ATTEMPTS NOT ENOUGH INSIDE PLAYING. IMO TO WIN A BASKETBALL GAME THERE 5 KEY PLAYERS NOT JUST ONE OR TWO AND I ALSO HEARD MICHEALA HOWARD HAS BEEN PLAYING WITH A MENISCAL TEAR. I AGREE WITH STILLANMCFAN YOU HAVE TO PLAY YOUR BENCH

Well you should be more observant of the game and give Belfry a little credit. The packed the defense in and dared Magoffin to shoot he ball from outside. On a normal night we would have drilled another team from outside; but was not the case against Belfry.
Tricky Wrote:Well you should be more observant of the game and give Belfry a little credit. The packed the defense in and dared Magoffin to shoot he ball from outside. On a normal night we would have drilled another team from outside; but was not the case against Belfry.

I give all the credit to Belfry. This wasn't a normal night so if shooting outside wasn't working look inside is all i am trying to say. But IMO PUP GOT OUT COACHED.
Tricky Wrote:And yet he still IS THE ONLY COACH IN MAGOFFIN HISTORY TO WIN A REGIONAL TITLE!!!!

Maybe the schooll system should look at hiring him some quality assistant coaches, who can be at all the practices with him,. Instead of him having to do it all by himself.

He didn't lose the game, you must really be an idiot, for making a statement like this! If the girls shoot 30% instead of 20% for the game, they probably win.Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
POINT #1-- He got a team layed in his lap that didn't really need a coach!! Nehi just as much, IF NOT MORE, conditioned and set up this team. I am definitely not an idiot and if you want to poll Magoffin County, I will venture and say that 70% of the county that was there that night will agree.
POINT #2 - IF WHO IS ON THE COURT IS NOT GETTING IT DONE YOU GO TO YOUR BENCH AND FIND SOMEONE THAT CAN. Bottom line, he lost this game by keeping in players that couldn't hit that night. IF THEY WERE IN AND HITTING 24.5% FROM THE FIELD, PUP LOST THE GAME BY LEAVING THEM IN. In my opinion, Nehi is the one that done more for Magoffin girls ball. Pup, like Tubby the year he won the NCAA after Pitino left, got a team handed down to him that really didn't have to have him to win. Pup got outcoached. I said it once, now twice, I stick by my thoughts.
Tricky Wrote:Well you aren't a coach and you are not in the position to say what should or should not have been done.
It's kinda hard to set down the best player on the team, for someone who isn't ready to step up.

I would say change your name to USED TO BE AN MCFAN, we don't want your kind of fan base!
No, I'm not a coach but I'm not blind. It wouldn't be at all hard for me to set down someone that wasn't getting it done. The main players were so weak they couldn't harldy make it down the court. They weren't hitting there shots either. Why would you not get somebody else. That's an idiot statement also, "Keep someone in that is not up to par and leave the bench sitting on seats waiting for a chance to MAYBE turn it around." It really doesn't matter what you want as far as a fan base.
StillAnMCfan Wrote:POINT #1-- He got a team layed in his lap that didn't really need a coach!! Nehi just as much, IF NOT MORE, conditioned and set up this team. I am definitely not an idiot and if you want to poll Magoffin County, I will venture and say that 70% of the county that was there that night will agree.
POINT #2 - IF WHO IS ON THE COURT IS NOT GETTING IT DONE YOU GO TO YOUR BENCH AND FIND SOMEONE THAT CAN. Bottom line, he lost this game by keeping in players that couldn't hit that night. IF THEY WERE IN AND HITTING 24.5% FROM THE FIELD, PUP LOST THE GAME BY LEAVING THEM IN. In my opinion, Nehi is the one that done more for Magoffin girls ball. Pup, like Tubby the year he won the NCAA after Pitino left, got a team handed down to him that really didn't have to have him to win. Pup got outcoached. I said it once, now twice, I stick by my thoughts.

100% AGREE WITH YOU
I'm not slamming him, but that doesn't negate the fact that he made mistakes that night. As a fan that followed those girls all year, I have every right to state my opinion.
StillAnMCfan Wrote:POINT #1-- He got a team layed in his lap that didn't really need a coach!! Nehi just as much, IF NOT MORE, conditioned and set up this team. I am definitely not an idiot and if you want to poll Magoffin County, I will venture and say that 70% of the county that was there that night will agree.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO TRADE IN YOUR MAROON FOR A DIFFERENT COLOR, You are not a true Lady Hornet fan. You don't know anything about the Lady Hornets. Ashley Jade did not want to come out of the game. She felt that she owed it to her school and her community to give it everything she had. Why don't you just leave them alone?
Pup don't worry about what these idiots say, you and the Lady Hornets have something that no one else has a "Regional Title" and your name and the girls names and pictures will forever be in the gym at Magoffin Co. High School.
All_Sport#1 Wrote:well if your tired of reading it don't log on to this thread and have you ever played a sport while you was sick especially basketball??? its not that easy!!!

First of all you need to start another thread about Have you ever played a sport while you was sick especially basketball??? AND NO I WOULD NOT LOG ON BUT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT Belfry winning over Magoffin and I bet if you ask all the teams why each of them got beat OUT they wouldn't blame it on sickness. Also I would say that each team was playing with sick girls ALSO. SO JUST LET IT BE THAT BELFRY OUT PLAYED MAGOFFIN! SO I TAKE IT THAT YOU PLAY BASKETBALL? SO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS!? I ALSO PLAYED AND I PLAYED WHILE I WAS SICK AND I NEVER ONCE WALKED UP AND DOWN THE FLOOR WHEN I GOT BEAT OFF THE DRIBBLE! IF I WAS TO SICK TO PLAY DEFENSE I SHOULD BE ON THE BENCH OR HOME! AND DON'T GET ME WRONG IT ISN'T THE GIRLS FAULT IT WAS THE COACH.
I am finished with this thread
What does it matter, it is over? Time to move on.
Thank goodness, you are finished with the thread
Mohawk Wrote:SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO TRADE IN YOUR MAROON FOR A DIFFERENT COLOR, You are not a true Lady Hornet fan. You don't know anything about the Lady Hornets. Ashley Jade did not want to come out of the game. She felt that she owed it to her school and her community to give it everything she had. Why don't you just leave them alone?
Why turn in the Maroon? Because I tell the truth? You will NEVER hear me say anything against those girls, they are the best players that have ever came through Magoffins' school system. I am very a very big fan of theirs and will travel to Berea to watch them. I have also defended Pup on this board. I have never said he wasn't a good coach, he is. He just messed up in this particular game. Someone above said to give Belfry credit, I am, they outplayed and she outcoached MC .I understand Ashley didn't want to come out, BUT, she wasn't the coach. It was his responsibility to take out players that weren't cutting it AT THE TIME. Like the other poster, I only watch high school basketball, so now would be a good time to log out till next year.
TRUETIGERMAN Wrote:I give all the credit to Belfry. This wasn't a normal night so if shooting outside wasn't working look inside is all i am trying to say. But IMO PUP GOT OUT COACHED.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion as we all are. But if I were you I wouldn't talk about anyone's coaches; with the coaching staff you have at Paintsville. Two consective 15th Region PLAYERS of the Year, Carroll and Jarrell and what does Paintsville have to show for it?????? And don't try to justify anything with the All "A" stuff. We know they don't let the best teams compete.

No, your just an idiot!
What does Mr. West have to do with this???????? Nothing what so ever, is the answer to this. Pup was their JV Coach and he took them over in their Sophmore year. The only one seeing very much playing time at this point was AJ. So yes, you are an odiot, cheer for a Jophnson County team; I for one and like many others don't like you or want you associated with us.
StillAnMCfan Wrote:Why turn in the Maroon? Because I tell the truth? You will NEVER hear me say anything against those girls, they are the best players that have ever came through Magoffins' school system. I am very a very big fan of theirs and will travel to Berea to watch them. I have also defended Pup on this board. I have never said he wasn't a good coach, he is. He just messed up in this particular game. Someone above said to give Belfry credit, I am, they outplayed and she outcoached MC .I understand Ashley didn't want to come out, BUT, she wasn't the coach. It was his responsibility to take out players that weren't cutting it AT THE TIME. Like the other poster, I only watch high school basketball, so now would be a good time to log out till next year.

Yea, log out and hopefully stay out....
Tricky Wrote:Yea, log out and hopefully stay out....
Listen... If you don't like what I say, I would suggest you don't read the thread. I think the world of Pup, but I am entitled to state if I thought there were mistakes made in a game.
StillAnMCfan Wrote:Listen... If you don't like what I say, I would suggest you don't read the thread. I think the world of Pup, but I am entitled to state if I thought there were mistakes made in a game.

Thought you logged off?????
Friends like you he dosen't need too many enemies.......Man would have to watch his back around you.....Have one sticking out of it.
Tricky Wrote:Thought you logged off?????
Friends like you he dosen't need too many enemies.......Man would have to watch his back around you.....Have one sticking out of it.
Why are YOU getting so defensive? You sound like you might be family and more than just a little biased. Now I will log off.
Tricky Wrote:Well, you are entitled to your opinion as we all are. But if I were you I wouldn't talk about anyone's coaches; with the coaching staff you have at Paintsville. Two consective 15th Region PLAYERS of the Year, Carroll and Jarrell and what does Paintsville have to show for it?????? And don't try to justify anything with the All "A" stuff. We know they don't let the best teams compete.

I just said HE GOT OUT COACHED AND THAT IS JUST IMO SO LEAVE IT THERE IF I AM ENTITLED TO ONE. NO I AM NOT LIKE YOU TALKING ABOUT OUR COACHING STAFF. NOT ONE TIME DID I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MC COACHING STAFF. ALSO MARK GOT OUT COACH BY PUP IN DISTRICT TOURNAMENT THE END WITH NO EXCUSE. WHY WOULD YOU BRING UP THE ALL "A" STUFF? I NEVER SAID ONE THING ABOUT WHAT WE DO HERE AT PAINTSVILLE. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT THAT START A THREAD!
Tricky Wrote:Well, you are entitled to your opinion as we all are. But if I were you I wouldn't talk about anyone's coaches; with the coaching staff you have at Paintsville. Two consective 15th Region PLAYERS of the Year, Carroll and Jarrell and what does Paintsville have to show for it?????? And don't try to justify anything with the All "A" stuff. We know they don't let the best teams compete.

Listen, just because the people you thought should've got the award didn't, don't mean you can just get on here and talk crap about the ones who did win it. And these two players yer talkin about, Carroll and Jarrell, lead their team to making history for Paintsville High School Girls Basketball when they won the All "A" Region and then went to the Final Four. Not to mention, Carroll signed with a D1 NCAA school! I think they showed A LOT for it! And Jarrell is starting as a Freshman at Pikeville, and IDC whether you think that's an accomplishment or not, but it IS. And I'm Kendra will definitely be getting some quality playing time, because she'll be working her butt off this summer to get ready for D1. So if wanna keep dissin' this award, make a different thread. This thread has nothing to do with this subject!
I have only one thing to say about all the sickness stuff. If the principal and coaches knew that the players had strep, and they was getting IV's to fight off a infectious disease, but they let them play anyways. Do you know if that was proven to be true, the KHSAA can impose penalties against Magoffin County High School? Didnt the doctor inform the coaches that strep can kill some people if they have other health problems that doesnt limit them from playing sports? It sounds to me like it is one of two things. Either Magoffin County coaches and principals are more worried about a basketball game than the health and well being of their players and other kids in the area, or people are trying to make excuses because their team loss.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I have only one thing to say about all the sickness stuff. If the principal and coaches knew that the players had strep, and they was getting IV's to fight off a infectious disease, but they let them play anyways. Do you know if that was proven to be true, the KHSAA can impose penalties against Magoffin County High School? Didnt the doctor inform the coaches that strep can kill some people if they have other health problems that doesnt limit them from playing sports? It sounds to me like it is one of two things. Either Magoffin County coaches and principals are more worried about a basketball game than the health and well being of their players and other kids in the area, or people are trying to make excuses because their team loss.

Ok Dr. Phil it is true that they were taken IV's and everything to fight off strep, and since you know so much about strep throat do you know how long strep stays contagious? 24 hours after the first dose of antibotics, IV or what ever. But if someone out their playing on the court could die from being exposed to strep throat I dont think they need to be playing anyway, or stay at home in an non bacteria sterlized place. Now how can you protect your kids from everything? Im sure the doctor wouldnt let them be playing ball if they had that bad of a side effect for coming infected with strep throat!
TRUETIGERMAN Wrote:First of all you need to start another thread about Have you ever played a sport while you was sick especially basketball??? AND NO I WOULD NOT LOG ON BUT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT Belfry winning over Magoffin and I bet if you ask all the teams why each of them got beat OUT they wouldn't blame it on sickness. Also I would say that each team was playing with sick girls ALSO. SO JUST LET IT BE THAT BELFRY OUT PLAYED MAGOFFIN! SO I TAKE IT THAT YOU PLAY BASKETBALL? SO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS!? I ALSO PLAYED AND I PLAYED WHILE I WAS SICK AND I NEVER ONCE WALKED UP AND DOWN THE FLOOR WHEN I GOT BEAT OFF THE DRIBBLE! IF I WAS TO SICK TO PLAY DEFENSE I SHOULD BE ON THE BENCH OR HOME! AND DON'T GET ME WRONG IT ISN'T THE GIRLS FAULT IT WAS THE COACH.
I am finished with this thread

If I wanted to start another thread I would have why wont you go make one if its bothering you? and why would I start a whole new thread to just ask you a question? and every team was playing with sick girls probably sore throat and a head cold but not dehydration, flu, and bronchitis. Maybe they didnt want to remember their last game as sitting on the bench have you thought about that?
BIG_COUNTRY_06 Wrote:Listen, just because the people you thought should've got the award didn't, don't mean you can just get on here and talk crap about the ones who did win it. And these two players yer talkin about, Carroll and Jarrell, lead their team to making history for Paintsville High School Girls Basketball when they won the All "A" Region and then went to the Final Four. Not to mention, Carroll signed with a D1 NCAA school! I think they showed A LOT for it! And Jarrell is starting as a Freshman at Pikeville, and IDC whether you think that's an accomplishment or not, but it IS. And I'm Kendra will definitely be getting some quality playing time, because she'll be working her butt off this summer to get ready for D1. So if wanna keep dissin' this award, make a different thread. This thread has nothing to do with this subject!

Tricky never once talked crap about Carroll and Jarrell and yes Im glad there doing good on their accomplishments.