Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 62 - Allen Central 53 (OT)
Free Throws killed the rebels tonight.

Great job Panthers!
Congrats Pikeville, Shelby Valley will be ready for you again.
Congrats To Pikeville...let Me Be The First...what A Year For Ac, A Turnaround Season, Nothing To Be Ashamed Of. Ryan, Josh, Tyler, Jr, Farley - We Love You Guys From All Of Us At Wmdj Radio...

I'LL POST THE STATS IN JUST A SECOND...
Ft...10-24 For Ac....16-23 For Pike
A tough night ahead for the AC seniors and thier parents, believe me I know first hand. Just hold your heads up and realize you had a great season and gave it all.
Congrats Pikeville!
WAY TO GO PANTHERS!!!!! NO matter the how this season ends!!! We are SO SO proud of you!!! Go get the VALLEY!!!! See you at RUPP!!!!
Pikeville...23-54 Fg...1-8 From 3...15-23 Ft...43 Rebounds...19 To...10 Steals

Allen Central...18-50 Fg...7-19 From 3...10-24 Ft...33 Rebounds...17 To...10 Steals

Harmon - 17pts/13rebounds
Clevenger - 15 Pts
Bell - 16 Off The Bench
Sword - 10

Collins - 14pts
Martin - 13pts/15 Rebounds
Slone - 12 Pts
Sounds like an awesome game, congrats Pville
Congrats to Pikeville and to AC for one heck of a battle!

I definately under-estimated the REBELS!
Fly that FLAG proud - you've had a great season!
Jordan Bell completely turned this game around with his penetration and defense! Really gave the panthers a huge lift.
Congrats Panthers And Fans!
Congrats Pikeville. Great season AC. Don't hold your heads down, be proud you turned many heads this season and showed a lot of people that you all can play! Good job guys and good luck to Pikeville in the champ. game.
all i have to say is... what a game!
nice job panthers.
but be ready for those wildcats..
cause they are pumped & ready!
Should be a great title game.
Bell for Pikeville had an excellent game. He penetrated and created for his teammates. Harmon also had himself a great game. Martin for Allen Central started slow but eventually got things going and played what all he could with 4 fouls. Collins should have had the ball with the game on the line, but all in all, great TEAM effort by the Rebels. They are certainly not a selfish team. Pikeville...GREAT game as well. You earned it. I underestimated you, and you proved me wrong. Free throws were the story of this game. 14 missed free throws by Allen Central. Had they made their free throws, the game would not have gone into overtime and this thread would be different. but they didn't hit them, and Pikeville came out on top. Congrats, Panthers. Good Luck against the Wildcats!
One of the most exciting games this year!!! It was wild.... good game AC!!! Good Luck Panthers against Valley...
Congrats to Pikeville on the win in front of the biggest 15th region game in the Expo. I believe they announced the attendance as 4,332 is what I believe they said it was. Allen Central, you all played a whale of a game. Great season to all of you.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
true2blue Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville and to AC for one heck of a battle!

I definately under-estimated the REBELS!
Fly that FLAG proud - you've had a great season!

It just goes to show you that you can't under-estimate ANYONE in March. Hense the title, March MADNESS!! And that's just what the case has been with the boys
AND girls tourney this year.

Congrats Bart and the Panthers! It was a great game to listen to. As for the Rebels, I was rootin for you guys the whole time, and I'm sorry it ended for you guys tonight. Keep your heads up though. You all had a GREAT season and I enjoyed watching you play this year! I wish all the Seniors GOOD LUCK in your futures and it's been a pleasure!

GOOD LUCK Panthers!! How bout going out and killing some Wildcats tomorrw night?! GOOD LUCK and kick some butt!
I didn't know Pikeville had that many people in their whole city!!!
It was definately a MAROON MONSOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a great game, too bad somebody had to lose. These two teams it seemed to me played with much more heart than Belfry and Valley. Valley is talented but they make some dumb mistakes. Pville guards will make them pay if they make those mistakes tomorrow.
Official Stats

Pikeville

Harmon 4 fouls,7-19 2 pointers, 0-3 in 3's 3-9 FT, 13 RB, 1 assist, 35 minutes Play time.

Honaker 4 fouls, 2-7 2 pointers, 0-0 3's, 6 RB's, 2 assists, 28 minutes playing time

Sword 3 fouls, 3-6 2 pointers, 3-4 3's, 4 RB's, 2 steals, 32 minutes playing time

Clevenger 1 foul, 6-14 2 pointers, 0-2 3's, 3 RB's, 2 assist, 36 minutes playing time

Adams, fouled out, 0-1 from field, 3 RB's, 1 block, 10 minutes playing time

Bell, 4 fouls, 5-6 2 pointers, 0-0 3's, 6 RB's, 5 assist, 7 steals, 29 minutes playing time

Allen Central

Collins fouled out, 4-10 2 pointers, 3-8 3's, 0 RB's, 4 assist, 2 steals, 35 minutes time

Slone 2 fouls, 4-9 2 pointers, 1-2 3's, 5 RB's, 3 assist, 1 steal, 34 minutes time

Prater 2 fouls, 2-5 2 pointers, 1-2 3's, 5 Rebounds, 2 steals, 33 minutes time

Hammonds, 3 fouls, 1-2 2 pointers, 1-2 3's, 5 RB's, 6 assist, 4 steals, 36 minutes time

Martin, 4 fouls, 6-18 2 pointers, 15 rebounds, 2 assist, 1 block, 1 steal, 32 minutes time

Robinson, 2 fouls, 1-4 2 pointers, 1-4 3's,1 RB, 8 minutes playing time.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
What a great win for the panthers!!!! One more win......and PHS will be invading Rupp!!!! Wink I'll see you there panthers!!!
What a game. AC and Pikeville battled it out tonight, much like the first match with these two. The Rebels couldn't hit the free throws tonight and we came up short in the end. Nothing to be ashamed of guys- you've given us Runnin' Rebel fans one hell of a year. It's been great watching you guys come together as one and play the game you all love. Ryan, Josh M, Farley, Tyler and JR-hold your heads up- you guys are winners.
In November- so many people doubted you. You guys kept it together and lead your team to a stellar season.
Undefeated Floyd County Conference Champions
58th District Tournament Champions
Coca-Cola Classic Tournament Champions
15th Region All A Runner-up
15th Region Semi- Finalist.
You worked hard and made believers out of many. Tonight you guys passed that torch on to Alex Hammonds and Josh Prater to lead the next group of Runnin' Rebels. Robbie, Clinton, Logan, Hunter and Chris next year it will be your turn to step up. Keep the spirit and tradition of The Runnin' Rebels going. Good Luck to the Seniors, where ever life takes them.

Congrats to you Pikeville and good luck tomorrow against Valley.
Pikeville played great defense. People were predicting that AC would score in the 80s, but it took overtime to get the game out of the 40s. Pikeville really controlled the pace of the game. Great effort AC.
The Martin kid did well on the boards tonight but just struggled offensively all night. Descent player just didn't play the way he was capible.
This was an awesome game and an even better atmosphere. AC beat themselves by not making their FT's, if they did it might have been a different outcome. Harmon and Bell both had awesome games and are great players as well.

As an AC Faithful and in alot of peoples eyes the #1 fan all year for these guys, much respect and I love all of you all especially the Seniors. Ryan, Josh, Sloth, J.R. and Farley. You all dont have a thing to be ashamed of at all, this has been a great adventure and we will never forget it.
-STATS- Wrote:This was an awesome game and an even better atmosphere. AC beat themselves by not making their FT's, if they did it might have been a different outcome. Harmon and Bell both had awesome games and are great players as well.

As an AC Faithful and in alot of peoples eyes the #1 fan all year for these guys, much respect and I love all of you all especially the Seniors. Ryan, Josh, Sloth, J.R. and Farley. You all dont have a thing to be ashamed of at all, this has been a great adventure and we will never forget it.

Well said STATS.
-STATS- Wrote:This was an awesome game and an even better atmosphere. AC beat themselves by not making their FT's, if they did it might have been a different outcome. Harmon and Bell both had awesome games and are great players as well.

Yes AC did miss a lot of free throws that could have changed the game, but Pikeville couldn't throw an open jumper in the ocean in the first half. I think they made two shots that could be considered jump shots in the first.
Good Luck Panthers! Great season to AC, I was impressed with them in this tourney!