Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 78 Magoffin Co. 59!!!
Refs were absolute crap in the Valley game too, Sorry for Magoffin's loss, better luck next season.
yeah they were crap CFWM on both sides..
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:yeah they were crap CFWM on both sides..

Yes I 100% agree with you, they called a lot of fouls on PC, but they let the ones that they should have called go, and just tried to make up for it here and there.
I would NEVER have predicted this. I am a true blue PC fan but tonight I was both in shock and in tears for Magoffin. They did not deserve to lose in the semis. GREAT SEASON HORNETS -
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Yes I 100% agree with you, they called a lot of fouls on PC, but they let the ones that they should have called go, and just tried to make up for it here and there.

completly agree...and im sorry for all the conflict that has been caused w/ the web site but i love that it has sparked the old fire of the rivalry we once had...if uo not graduate this year make sure it stays that way..
hornet_gurl Wrote:I'm sorry i think Magoffin still should have won.. yes they had a horrible night but the refs were crap.. I only wished we could redo it..but whatever..

There is no need to make excuses. The ONLY reason Magoffin lost tonight was because they got outplayed. Congrats to Belfry.
I agree I picked the hornets! Thought belfry could win, but not like this!!!
crawdad Wrote:i guess this will quiet everyone down about how tough the 57th district is.
The 57th is still the toughest district in the 15th. I'm sure a lot of people will agree.
Lawrence Wrote:There is no need to make excuses. The ONLY reason Magoffin lost tonight was because they got outplayed. Congrats to Belfry.
I agree. MC could not get it going and Belfry was the better team tonight, but Magoffin in the last four years has been IMO the best team in the 15th region and nothing can take that away from them.20 years from now Magoffin will still be talking about Ashley, Brittany, and Michaela and the legacy they will leave behind and the lives they have changed. Girls basketball in Magoffin Grade schools all have great numbers now because those little girls want to be like the best 3 best guards in Magoffin history.
First to adress a few issues. Dont blame nothing on the refs, they called the game loose both ways. The difference in the free throw total was 28-23 Belfry and Belfry shot 15 of those 28 free throws in the last 2 and 1/2 minutes. These are refs from away from here who dont have a dog in the fight and they didnt cost Magoffin this game. They missed some calls both ways and made some good calls. I thought it was a nicely called game.
Second I will have to disagree this year with the 57th being the strongest because two 60th is playing for the championship, but you have an argument from top to bottom with SC JC and Paintsville all in their.
Third I knew Belfry had a shot but anybody who says they picked a score like thsi is lying haha.
Don't start the refs were bad crap!!!! The refs don't beat you by 20!!!!!
Belfry shot 28 free throws to Magoffin County 23. Belfry shot 15 free throws in the last 2:11 when Magoffin was fouling on purpose. So if you take away the free throws were Magoffin tried to put Belfry on the line then Magoffin shot more free throws than Belfry. They both played physical and both fouled some and some didnt get called BOTH ways, but you know that because these refs let things go and let the players play, and they do it both ways. Magoffin County is a great team but they just got beat tonight, no excuses whatsoever they just lost.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Second I will have to disagree this year with the 57th being the strongest because two 60th is playing for the championship, but you have an argument from top to bottom with SC JC and Paintsville all in their.
Third I knew Belfry had a shot but anybody who says they picked a score like thsi is lying haha.
It's harder for a 57th team to get to region tournament. In some districts not even one game has to be played and a team is already in the regional tourney, because they are in the district championship.In the 57th, in order for a 4 or 5 seed to get to the regional tourney they have to win 2 games JUST to get to the district championship. And plus the teams overall are tremendous. If you were to spread JC, Paintsville, Sheldon Clark, Lawrence Co, and Magoffin around in the districts, every one of these teams would have a WAY better chance to make it to the region tournament. Im not taking anything away from other districts of course. Pike Central, SV, and Belfry are some great teams.
eaglehoops Wrote:I was one who said MC would KILL Belfry and I will say I WAS WAY WRONG!!! Congrats Belfry you played awesome tonight! As for MC I'm not gonna miss seeing those girls dominate thats for sure! Great careers though and I've got a lot of respect for them. MC's sure gonna miss em next year though.
Showing some class eaglehoops:rockon:
How many times did this group of Hornets go to state!!
NIce win girls and congrats to the coaching staff.
Congrats Belfry..........excellent play by you all.Guess their not Robots after all !!!!
Lawrence Wrote:There is no need to make excuses. The ONLY reason Magoffin lost tonight was because they got outplayed. Congrats to Belfry.

They may have got 'outplayed' last night....but MC was definaitely the BETTER team....but i guess that doesnt matter.
I couldnt be at the game because of school. But I was listening online.
I heard the radio guy say a lot of people were leaving with a minute or so to go. I REALLY hope these were Belfry fans that knew they had the game wrapped up that he was reffering to. Anybody from Magoffin that wasn't still there at the end of that game shouldn't be allowed to call themselve a Hornet fan. That bunch put Girls Basketball on the map for Magoffin County, and walking out on them early (no matter how bad they played) is about as disrespectful as it gets.

Congrats to Belfry for pulling off the upset, and congrats to the MC seniors on their outstanding careers.
Originally Posted by 15regiongurlsbball [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/IHX...ewpost.gif]
MC by alot

I know that MC should win by 15 but I also know that AShley Jade's ankle isn't 100%. I think that BHS will take this one in a close one. MC has the best point guard, best post player, and the best shooter in the region so it should be interesting to see how this team matches up with BHS. Every tournment has to have an upset and this one is the one that I am picking.:thumpsup:

I love when I am right! I think that I am the only one that picked this upset on here.Big Grin
Bottom line is that Ashley was about 60%! SHe was the key. Has she been conditioning? She looked like she was out of shape sucking air most of the night. They couldn't push the ball like they wanted too. COngrats BHS on a huge win.
15thfan Wrote:They may have got 'outplayed' last night....but MC was definaitely the BETTER team....but i guess that doesnt matter.

No it doesn't matter that they were the BETTER team. I have said all year that MC was the best team in the region and I am a Belfry fan. But that is why we play tournaments. You have to be ready to play every night like it is your last, and Belfry did that last night. They played great both on offense and defense. You could tell from the beginning that they did not intend to lose this game. I'm sure some MC fans were not happy with the refs, you never are when you lose (myself included), but they let them play on both sides of the floor. They were very consistent (IMO) on calls, whether that be good or bad. Both are physical teams and the refs let them play their game. Congratulations to the Pirates - now go play like that against PC!!!! To the Hornets, especially the seniors, congratulations on a great season and great career and good luck in college, it has been fun watching you play.
I thought MC looked winded in the second quarter. For some reason, they just looked tired last night. And yeah, to see Pup and his girls like that on the sideline, that's what coaching is all about. You form a bond with players that is stronger than people realize. I'm sure those girls seem like Pup's own kids. He was hard on them, but it was to push them to perform at their best. Congrats on a great career.
ocho cinco Wrote:I couldnt be at the game because of school. But I was listening online.
I heard the radio guy say a lot of people were leaving with a minute or so to go. I REALLY hope these were Belfry fans that knew they had the game wrapped up that he was reffering to. Anybody from Magoffin that wasn't still there at the end of that game shouldn't be allowed to call themselve a Hornet fan. That bunch put Girls Basketball on the map for Magoffin County, and walking out on them early (no matter how bad they played) is about as disrespectful as it gets.

Congrats to Belfry for pulling off the upset, and congrats to the MC seniors on their outstanding careers.

Those were MC fans leaving early!
ocho cinco Wrote:I couldnt be at the game because of school. But I was listening online.
I heard the radio guy say a lot of people were leaving with a minute or so to go. I REALLY hope these were Belfry fans that knew they had the game wrapped up that he was reffering to. Anybody from Magoffin that wasn't still there at the end of that game shouldn't be allowed to call themselve a Hornet fan. That bunch put Girls Basketball on the map for Magoffin County, and walking out on them early (no matter how bad they played) is about as disrespectful as it gets. .
I was one of the few that left but i stayed in the corridor I for one didnt want to watch them walk off the floor for the last time they were some crying on the outside saying the same thing . I am sure there was some that wanted to beat the traffic but not all so dont get on here on your high horse calling people disrespectfull until you know how they felt . These girls mean the world to Magoffin County and some people just didnt want to see the end .
Phoenix Wrote:No it doesn't matter that they were the BETTER team. I have said all year that MC was the best team in the region and I am a Belfry fan. But that is why we play tournaments. You have to be ready to play every night like it is your last, and Belfry did that last night. They played great both on offense and defense. You could tell from the beginning that they did not intend to lose this game. I'm sure some MC fans were not happy with the refs, you never are when you lose (myself included), but they let them play on both sides of the floor. They were very consistent (IMO) on calls, whether that be good or bad. Both are physical teams and the refs let them play their game. Congratulations to the Pirates - now go play like that against PC!!!! To the Hornets, especially the seniors, congratulations on a great season and great career and good luck in college, it has been fun watching you play.
i agree 100% with your post I wish them the best of luck against Pike Central play like you did last night shouldnt be a problem
Congrats Lady Pirates!!! Good Luck against PC!!!!!
The Fan Wrote:I was one of the few that left but i stayed in the corridor I for one didnt want to watch them walk off the floor for the last time they were some crying on the outside saying the same thing . I am sure there was some that wanted to beat the traffic but not all so dont get on here on your high horse calling people disrespectfull until you know how they felt . These girls mean the world to Magoffin County and some people just didnt want to see the end .
With all these girls have given, I think sitting in traffic for 5 minutes isn't going to be the end of the world. You have your opinion and I have mine, and I think not being in there with a standing ovation for them after all they've done is disrespectful. If that's YOUR reason for walking out than I believe it. But i'm sure that with the exception a few emotional parents, there was very few people who found themselves too torn up to see them walk off the floor.
Congrats Belfry..going to be a great 15th region championship game!!!
I think Belfry will win the region