Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 59 - Magoffin Co. 51
Congrats to Pikeville on the victory. I think the biggest crowd ever would probably forever be held by Hank Williams Jr., but this will be the biggest crowd in the 15th region in maybe history. Great season Magoffin.
If MC could have hit thier free throws it would have been a totally different game.But Pikeville wanted it alot worse than we did.We just didnt play any team ball tonight,and they took eric out of the game completely.Bart Williams is gonna be one hell of a coach he definately got his boys ready to play tonight.Congrats Pikeville deserving win.
15thRegionX Wrote:Trust me Magoffin played awful. I have watched 75% of their games and this is by far the worst games I have ever seen them play. They just looked scared to death. Pikeville has some of the quickest guards in the region, and them and AC should be a great game. It is hard to watch Magoffin play so hard to get back in it and even take the lead and just give up. Hard way for the seniors Devin, Eric, Nathan, and Clay to go out. Magoffin just could not hit a free throw and that cost them the game. Good luck to Pikeville in their up coming games and as for Magoffin, you have some young talent, hit the weight room hard and shoot some free throws and come back next year!
good post...someone said earlier that they thought Pikevilles gaurds were pretty slow in predicting this game lol. But Magoffin fought hard and scrapped their way back up in the third but came up short. Pikeville was pretty miserable from the line as well-they missed 16 I think.
IRISH4 Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville on the victory. I think the biggest crowd ever would probably forever be held by Hank Williams Jr., but this will be the biggest crowd in the 15th region in maybe history. Great season Magoffin.
Concerts have an advantage tho-they fill the floor with chairs. It might be a record for a basketball game outside of Rupp if they fill it up.
Man I thought that MC would actually pull this one off! Good Job PHS! Might as well take it all now! I will be pulling for the Panthers and Coach Williams the rest of the way!
Congrats Pikeville
Congrats Pikeville. Good try MC. Pleasure watching the seniors this year. The rest of you come back and try it next year.
Congrats to Pikeville on the win. Their guard play really impressed me all night. Magoffin really didn't know how to handle their quickness. I expected more out of their big guy though. He didn't impress me much. Magoffin seemed really out of sinc tonight. On offense they never really knew what to do with the ball and on defense they couldn't keep Pikeville from penetrating to the basket. Somehow Magoffin found a way to stick around but just couldn't hit their free throws in the end. IMO Magoffin was outcoached too. Seems to me that coach West really didn't have a gameplan. It's a shame to see the Magoffin seniors end their career on a sour note but they have nothing to be ashamed of. Congrats to the Hornets on a great season. Good luck to Pikeville in the next round against the Rebels. Should be a good one to watch.
Lawrence Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville on the win. Their guard play really impressed me all night. Magoffin really didn't know how to handle their quickness. I expected more out of their big guy though. He didn't impress me much. Magoffin seemed really out of sinc tonight. On offense they never really knew what to do with the ball and on defense they couldn't keep Pikeville from penetrating to the basket. Somehow Magoffin found a way to stick around but just couldn't hit their free throws in the end. IMO Magoffin was outcoached too. Seems to me that coach West really didn't have a gameplan. It's a shame to see the Magoffin seniors end their career on a sour note but they have nothing to be ashamed of. Congrats to the Hornets on a great season. Good luck to Pikeville in the next round against the Rebels. Should be a good one to watch.
Congrats Pikeville....see ya in the finals!
Congrats Panthers! Looked as if it were a good game. Good Luck against Allen Central.
stinger Wrote:If MC could have hit thier free throws it would have been a totally different game.But Pikeville wanted it alot worse than we did.We just didnt play any team ball tonight,and they took eric out of the game completely.Bart Williams is gonna be one hell of a coach he definately got his boys ready to play tonight.Congrats Pikeville deserving win.

And if Pikeville would have hit their free throws it might be different too cause Pikeville missed 16 free throws.
This is 1 redneck that hopes the Rebel flag is flying high friday night. Go Rebels...show your Rebel pride...Flag and all....bring the regional championship back to the 58th......GO REBELS..........
Nascar99 Wrote:This is 1 redneck that hopes the Rebel flag is flying high friday night. Go Rebels...show your Rebel pride...Flag and all....bring the regional championship back to the 58th......GO REBELS..........
Hope at least it's Pikeville or AC, one of the two.
The Hornets were not in this game at all. Eric Arnett just messed with his pants the whole night, I have no idea where his head was. I was so dissapointed in his performance tonight because he can be a great player. The game plan should have been feed the ball to Devin Rice. BECAUSE every time he touched the ball he drew a foul or scored. He was also the only one hitting free throws. But all in all it was a good game to watch and I am proud of them win or lose for their accoplishments this fair.
Lawrence Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville on the win. Their guard play really impressed me all night. Magoffin really didn't know how to handle their quickness. I expected more out of their big guy though. He didn't impress me much. Magoffin seemed really out of sinc tonight. On offense they never really knew what to do with the ball and on defense they couldn't keep Pikeville from penetrating to the basket. Somehow Magoffin found a way to stick around but just couldn't hit their free throws in the end. IMO Magoffin was outcoached too. Seems to me that coach West really didn't have a gameplan. It's a shame to see the Magoffin seniors end their career on a sour note but they have nothing to be ashamed of. Congrats to the Hornets on a great season. Good luck to Pikeville in the next round against the Rebels. Should be a good one to watch.
Great post...Pikevilles big man is very young and not yet a big force on offense. He blocks a lot of shots on defense and gets plenty of rebounds and put-backs. Two more years under the coaching of Todd May should make him a force to be reconed with on both sides of the ball.
Congrats to Pikeville.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I-heart-the-15th-Region! Wrote:The Hornets were not in this game at all. Eric Arnett just messed with his pants the whole night, I have no idea where his head was. I was so dissapointed in his performance tonight because he can be a great player. The game plan should have been feed the ball to Devin Rice. BECAUSE every time he touched the ball he drew a foul or scored. He was also the only one hitting free throws. But all in all it was a good game to watch and I am proud of them win or lose for their accoplishments this fair.
congrats Pikeville in all fairness to Eric he was in the Drs office half the day taking fluids trying to fight off strep throat he never got out of bed yesterday and dustin minix and devin rice are under the weather to thats no excuse Magoffin had no answer for there quick guards
Congrats Pikeville!! Magoffin didnt play good at all. One of their worst games this year. Eric,Tyler and Devin were both taking ivs today. You could tell they were sick. But no excuses here, congrats Pikeville and good luck. Seniors what a ride!!! We will miss you all, thanks for the memories!!! 2007 57th District Champs!!!
id like to see your game with a temp of 101, i-heart-the-15th region
Kind of shocked at the outcome! Big congrats Panthers!
I have NO problem with Allen Central's flag, (FLY IT PROUDLY!!!), but if they (AC) make it to the "Sweet 16" you know all that will be talked about is the Flag. People will try to defend it (the Flag), but Western, Northern and Central Ky. will not respect AC for their record or style of play, none of that. Only "THE FLAG". Anyway Congrats to Magoffin Co. I'm proud of every single one of you. Good Luck in everything you do in the future!!!
Congrats Pikeville.
Congrats to Pikeville...I think it will be Shelby Valley and Pikeville in the Championship Game!!!
Congrats to Pikeville on the win. Congrats to Magoffin County on the effort. Both teams played hard all night long. All this talk of "if we had hit our freethrows", "if we wasnt sick" just takes away from the game. Yes, being sick makes a player not play as good, but that is all part of the game. You have to play threw injuries, sickness, sometimes players are not able to play for a lot of different reasons. Dont take away from Magoffins effort by making excuses for them.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.

Good post. Gotta give credit to Pikeville's defense, slappin' and hackin', really kept Magoffin out of sync all night with no offensive flow. I wondered why we didn't see MC go more inside to Devin Rice to help open up the outside shot for E. Arnett.

MOE - I'm tired man!!! LOL. Thanks though for the compliment.
One thing I forgot to mention in here, kudos to J.S. for what he did at the game, it is appreciated by a lot of people up in the cheap seats.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
^^I saw that! It was awesome. Anybody know what he said? BTW, those 13th region refs are the worst I have ever seen, bar none.Sad
congrats to pikeville on your win. hornets keep your head up, maybe next year you will be going to rupp !!!!!good try this year though.

I can assure you that Coach West and his staff had a gameplan and he wasn't outcoached. IMO Coach West and his staff has did an outstanding job with these young men and this program. No one gave these boys any credit all year long and look at what they have accomplished. Sure the record isn't the best in the region, but go back and look at the final scores of each of the games and you will see that they were right there to the end of each game with the exception of a couple. Coach West has given these boys confidence and pride and this will make them outstanding citizens. The problem tonight IMO was the fact that you had Devin and Clay still nursing injured ankles and Eric with Flu like symptoms. Did that stop these young men and their coaches? Heck no. They played and fought back, but just ran out of gas at the end. Another factor was the atmosphere of the Expo. It can be overwhelming. Finally, how hard can you play when you have 4 fouls on you. You have to be very careful, if you plan on staying in the game. We had 2 starters to foul out and 2 with 4, as well as a reserve with 4 fouls. I am now off of my soapbox :mad: and would like to congratulate these young men and coaches on a great and exciting season. I'm just sorry its over. I really believed that we could have and probably should have made it to the finals. Good luck to all of you in your future endeavors and always remember that you are the 2007 57th DISTRICT CHAMPIONS. :letsparty
Hoopla Wrote:...Finally, how hard can you play when you have 4 fouls on you. You have to be very careful, if you plan on staying in the game. We had 2 starters to foul out and 2 with 4, as well as a reserve with 4 fouls. I am now off of my soapbox and would like to congratulate these young men and coaches on a great and exciting season. I'm just sorry its over. I really believed that we could have and probably should have made it to the finals. Good luck to all of you in your future endeavors and always remember that you are the 2007 57th DISTRICT CHAMPIONS.

Look at the fouls in the game. Pikeville had two starters to foul out and two others with 4 also. The difference is, Pikeville played fewer players than Magoffin County. Pikeville played 7 players, well, 8 if you count the one that played for about 4 seconds. So wouldnt Pikeville have had to play even more careful than Magoffin?