Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wymt-tv Announcment 15th Region Girls & Boys
WYMT-TV will be broadcasting the 15th Region Boys and Girls Championship games LIVE Saturday from the Eastern Kentucky Expo Center. Also they will be streamed LIVE on the http://www.wymtnews.com for the World to see. Let's get the word out...... Any college coachs looking for players? This could really showcase the 15th Regions Basketball Talent....
This is awesome...Great exposure for the players involved and the 15th Region. Great move by the guys at WYMT.
This is great news. I made it a sticky thread so everyone can see this great information.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
jammin' jamey Wrote:This is awesome...Great exposure for the players involved and the 15th Region. Great move by the guys at WYMT.
Would nice if you could team up with them someway and make it an even better first, maybe you can contact them and see what can be done or have Doc cantact them,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Would nice if you could team up with them someway and make it an even better first, maybe you can contact them and see what can be done or have Doc cantact them,

I would love to broadcast the game over TV as the play-by-play man, link the radio and TV together with BGR. However, WYMT has great guys to do the games and such, although I would be up for anything we can present together in terms of tying everything together.
jammin' jamey Wrote:I would love to broadcast the game over TV as the play-by-play man, link the radio and TV together with BGR. However, WYMT has great guys to do the games and such, although I would be up for anything we can present together in terms of tying everything together.
Yea thats what I am talking about put both together to make one great 15 Region Tourney on TV and the BGR!!!!!! Maybe Doc or Wyatt can hook you up some how.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is sooo awesome. Its about time we get some publicity for our teams.
This is so awesome. I don't have a team in the tournament but it will be great to watch. I want to see the fans almost as much as the games.

WYMT has been a force for high school sports in the mountains and once that Brian came on board it seemed to really take off. Not by coincidence but by his dedication to the school's in our area. He did the travel to everywhere and then would rush back to get it on the sports at 11:20. What a far stretch of the imagination when at one time a person would have to watch WSAZ just to see their score posted along with the Mighty Minford Falcons. Brian, Jim Frasure and now Brandon still put in many hours and travel as much as ever to get our kid's the exposure they deserve. The radio people that follow our schools are also out three and four nights a week and most for little or no pay, just for the love of the high school setting at events. I think it is very exciting that the game's are live on WYMT and still great that they are being broadcast on radio by so many of our stations. Great job and hats off to all of our media including the newspapers. I hope we never take these people and the coverage for granted. It wouldn't hurt to maybe say a thanks to them and especially as a great season is winding down. Jammin, You know that Dale has you and The Tommy Gun under a long term contract for exclusive rights on WMDJ. That would be like Marty leaving the Reds.
Anyone else surprised the 15th and the EXPO are allowing a live broadcast on TV???
Could hurt the crowd?!?!
Maybe a little on the attendance but not alot. I plan on going anyway to watch that one fella sell t-shirts to all the ladies.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Anyone else surprised the 15th and the EXPO are allowing a live broadcast on TV???
Could hurt the crowd?!?!

I would say the hype that helped last year's attendance has calmed down this year. I've talked to some folks who attended almost every game last year and this year they've told me that they are "picking" a night to go.

Friday night will host the biggest crowds.

I saw that fella selling t-shirts Wyatt, he's having way too much fun this week.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Anyone else surprised the 15th and the EXPO are allowing a live broadcast on TV???
Could hurt the crowd?!?!
How many times have you watched an important game on WYMT when there was a bad crowd? Never! The TV angle drives people to the game and with possibly four different schools represented on Saturday it could be a great crowd! TV does not keep people from the event but serves as another instrument to promote the event.