Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th region
whos your alls favorites for 16th region champs. i still think russell has the talent to go to rupp but i know a lot of people dont feel like this anymore. whos your pick?
I'll take Ashland and Russell in the championship. I just really have a feeling Boyd will pull the mild upset in the opener with Elliott.

Ashland should make it based on the luck of the draw in the top half of the bracket.

With Vanhoose out, it should be a really exciting, and closer game between the 2 teams. I have to show some pride though and take Ashland with the 3rd time being the charm.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
I don't think anybody else in the region has the talent that Elliott Co and Russell have. I think they meet in the semi finals and the winner of that game goes on to win the region.

In the other side of the bracket, I think Rowan may suprise some people. With VanHoose out Rowan has the best player in the tournament in Daniel. He could carry the Vikings a long way.
First let me say that Russell is by no means an underdog suddenly because of the injury to Vanhoose. They could still win it and may do so. BUT, I personally think that beating a team 3 times is very difficult and w/o Vanhoose I don't see Russell getting by Ashland again.

But I see Elliott Co. winning the tourney! They are loaded with talent. Unless they just come out totally flat as a team in one of their games, they should be going to Rupp!
Russell
EKY Sportster Wrote:First let me say that Russell is by no means an underdog suddenly because of the injury to Vanhoose. They could still win it and may do so. BUT, I personally think that beating a team 3 times is very difficult and w/o Vanhoose I don't see Russell getting by Ashland again.

But I see Elliott Co. winning the tourney! They are loaded with talent. Unless they just come out totally flat as a team in one of their games, they should be going to Rupp!
Russell also beat Elliott twice this year which I guess makes it tougher as well.

A side note. Russell beat both Ashland and Elliott Co in the last week of the season without Scott Gill. Gill is now back. That helps make up for the loss of VanHoose.
i heard gill is out with mono, ne truth to this?, this would be a big blow if him and vanhoose are both out
ashland!!!!!!!!!!
footballdaddy10 Wrote:i heard gill is out with mono, ne truth to this?, this would be a big blow if him and vanhoose are both out
i dont think he has it any more thats what he was out for against ashland
o, ok, i just heard it from someone over the internet. I didnt think he was still sitting out, surely he would be playing in the regional tournament. Thanks Tomcat