Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin vs. Pikeville
Magoffin will suffer their 16th loss.
Just an observation I have seen watching highlights of Pikeville. Outside of their big guy they seem to not have a lot of height. Just something I noticed in their highlights and stuff from Sports Overtime. Their guards seem to not have a lot of height. Am I wrong?
They have a 6'4" and a around 6'2" that Pikeville plays. Also, the smaller ones that you call guards are VERY strong and work their bodies really well for rebounds and getting shots off. Most of the smaller players for Pikeville plays football also. They are quick and strong and they can cause some problems for MC.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Good Luck to my Hornets tomorrow night!!! You have already made us proud!! You were told for 3 years now that you would never win district because of the Paintsville team, but you did it!!!! Good Luck at the Expo and may all your dreams come true!! Just play your game and have fun!!
hornetfan Wrote:"Dear Lord"
The battles we go through in life.
Give us the chance to play.
The chance to pull strike.
The chance to do it again.
If we should win.
Let it be by the code
with faith and honor held high.
If we should lose.
Let us stand by the road
and cheer as the winners go by.
And day by day
We get better and better
Until we can't be beat.

Got this from a kcc fan.

I like this...
hornetfan Wrote:Good Luck to my Hornets tomorrow night!!! You have already made us proud!! You were told for 3 years now that you would never win district because of the Paintsville team, but you did it!!!! Good Luck at the Expo and may all your dreams come true!! Just play your game and have fun!!

GOOD POST AND A GOOD POINT!

For the past four (4) years the Hornet players were told that they had no chance of winning the 57th District Championship, because of the talent and experience of the Paintsville program. Most of Paintsville's players have been playing alot of minutes since they were in the 8th grade and some were starting, now they are juniors. If we couldn't beat them when they were 8th graders; how in the world was we going to beat them after 4 years of varsity experience as Juniors?
So what an achievement it was for these young men to finally win and not just any game; the District Champioship against a talented and experienced team that had been beating this group of Hornets since they were all Freshmen.
Pikeville by 3 or so
it should be a great game besides the teams are almost tied with wins
but if pikeville plays good defense like they have been lately they should come off with the win
The Panthers are not as physical as the Hornets and right now they are IMO a little slower than the Hornets.Arnett will have a huge night and the Hornets will win!!!

Hornets-64
Panthers-51
cardsfan Wrote:The Panthers are not as physical as the Hornets and right now they are IMO a little slower than the Hornets.Arnett will have a huge night and the Hornets will win!!!

Hornets-64
Panthers-51

I like your thinking!
Go Hornets!!!
Pikeville by 10
I really hope that the 57th district title didnt fulfll their hunger, because they have a great chance to make it to the championship game.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:They have a 6'4" and a around 6'2" that Pikeville plays. Also, the smaller ones that you call guards are VERY strong and work their bodies really well for rebounds and getting shots off. Most of the smaller players for Pikeville plays football also. They are quick and strong and they can cause some problems for MC.

and they play a lot i dont think i have ever saw anyone 6'4''
and if anyone cause problems for MC it will be the big kid. not the small guards..
cardsfan Wrote:The Panthers are not as physical as the Hornets and right now they are IMO a little slower than the Hornets.Arnett will have a huge night and the Hornets will win!!!

Hornets-64
Panthers-51
The Panthers are just as physical ar MC, my only questioning comes from how much they use it because they seem to lapse sometimes and I definately think that our gaurds are not slow - Jacob Sword and Daniel Harmon can drive on anyone in the region and have proved it.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:and they play a lot i dont think i have ever saw anyone 6'4''
and if anyone cause problems for MC it will be the big kid. not the small guards..
The 6'4" kid is a senoir who has started for half the season or has been otherwise the first off the bench.
Goodluck Hornets try your hardest!
IF magoffin plays as good as they have been they win by 4+ but if they come out kind of flat i look to see a game like the paintsville game by less then 2
GO HORNETS!!!!!!!
I'll take Pikeville by 5.

Hornets-64
Panthers-51

Not as physical. Tim Honaker is the most physical player in the whole region hands down.
Lonesome Pine Rider Wrote:I like this...

Well The Lawrence Co dawg live by this code. That is the football team. They say it before and after ever game.

There code is just a little bit different, It has in there say my name a couple of times where they get real loud and you know what there doing even if your now where around.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
The Game is Tonight!!!
Im gonna go with my hornets by 3.

Mc 68
Pike-65
Going with Pikeville by 6
12 1/2 hours and counting til tip off.
Going with the Hornets in this one.
Magoffin 63
Pikeville 59
going with the hornets in a close one!!!!! would love to see u going to the finals. make us proud.
Maggofin County by 4.
Ville- 63
Magoffin- 55
Going with Magoffin in a tough one here. I didn't pick MC when they played PHS and it bit me. No more crow for me.
Winnable game for Magoffin but I hope they aren't satisfied just winning the district. Good luck to both teams.
I personally think Magoffin could win the whole thing if they get passed Pikeville. VERY winnable game for the Hornets as long as they play like they can. GOOD LUCK tonight and I believe in you guys!!