Poll: Do you think the UK basketball program needs to go in a new direction?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
63.64%
No
20.45%
Wait until the season is over
15.91%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want Tubby out threads...here
SportsFan80 Wrote:Those are the toughest games they have had all year in my opinion. How exactly does that warrant a #2 schedule ranking? Plus they lost to all of them, if they could have somehow pulled out a win in at least one of those games, then yeah I would maybe say they done something, but thats the thing, they havent beaten a ranked team all year. That to me should be NIT material, at least UL has beat some ranked teams.

No other team has played that kind of schedule with the exception of Arizona and maybe Duke. Even if those were the only 3 teams they played that were good they are brutal enough. No other team has played those 3 teams.

Indiana and Louisville contribute to the #2 SOS. Santa Clara and UMASS are a combined 40-15 with respectable RPI's.

They have only played one team with a losing record on the season and that was Chattanooga.

I wasn't arguing if they had done anything or beaten any of those teams but just saying the schedule was strong that you originally said.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_357_Men.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:STATS.....I just checked the KSR board and they set a new record today of 4833 fans online and most were calling for Tub's head. But the most surprising part of the board was Tubby's #1 supporter in all the land, UKJim26, who NEVER, NEVER, EVER said a harm word against Tubby and has defended him for years, IS NOW BASHING Tub and calling for his removal as coach. CHECK OUT UKJim26's POST ON KSR. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. This guy is the last person who would defect over to 'the dark side' as it's referred to on KSR. No doubt you'll see thousands and thousands of Tubby supporters doing the same in the next few weeks, especially if they don't make it to the Big Dance and end up in the NIT. Mercy Sakes!!!

He had some pretty harsh words for Tubby, and so did alot of others. I didnt know that site even existed.
-STATS- Wrote:He had some pretty harsh words for Tubby, and so did alot of others. I didnt know that site even existed.

Yeah he seems to advertise it well. Are we all allowed to post links to other sports message boards on here?
Disco Stu Wrote:Are we all allowed to post links to other sports message boards on here?

Here's the link to the main board at KSR. BTW Disco......DO NOT CLICK THE LINK. It's for Anti-Tubby supporters only. Smile
Disco Stu Wrote:Yeah he seems to advertise it well. Are we all allowed to post links to other sports message boards on here?

Theres only one link not allowed on this forum Smile.. I think everyone in the state knows about the Catpause boards.
-STATS- Wrote:I didnt know that site even existed.

Doesn't look to me like everyone in the state new about it. And yes I know the other link you're talking about Smile
Except me QQ, lol. I didnt have a clue, Im probably the only one in the state that didnt know! haha.
Disco Stu Wrote:Doesn't look to me like everyone in the state new about it. And yes I know the other link you're talking about Smile

Like I said(look above)
-STATS- Wrote:Except me QQ, lol. I didnt have a clue, Im probably the only one in the state that didnt know! haha.

I never post there. But I read it all the time. Lots of UK fans there.. 95 percent of them want tubby gone. So people that call us stupid or tubby bashers for wanting better for our program can go there and see how the majority of fans around the state feel.
Theres only one link not allowed on this forum ..

Gee......I wonder which one that may be?? Smile Smile Smile
The end is near Tubby!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
I will make comments on some ot the post that are on this thread. 1.Tubby will not resign...why would he? UK has a history of buying out coaches contracts. 2. It would be hard to ask him to resign.....they sell out about 98% of their home games.....people outside are selling tickets for $100 + because fans want to see them play (I don't know why...but they do....tradition I guess). 3. KY boys wouldn't be terrible if they get the right ones....like Lofton. 4. Tubby has always taken the mid major type players...that is all he knows. Now for my comments. 1. Morris' family has been observed never wearing UK blue at home games......in a resent game T-shirts were given to fans...they didn't put their shirts on......maybe Morris' head is not in the game as he stated in a resent edition of the Lexinton paper because he is at UK for reasons other than being a team player and a true UK player....is he from KY...NO. 2. There comes a time when people just have to leave. Not that he is a bad coach...his time has passed.....his phylosophy just doen't work any more with the players or the top players needed at UK to compete with the top programs. Just my thoughts.
BelfryJustice Wrote:The end is near Tubby!

You think he will resign or you think he will be fired? I am really afraid that neither one will happen. How exciting would it be knowing Billy D would be coaching the cats next year.. Midnight madness couldnt get here soon enough.. People would be excited Im sure.. I know I would be..
I don't think the administration will fire him either. He has won too many games and sells tickets......legal issues.
I will ask couple simple questions whats his salary this year, and do you think he earned it?

Im curious as to what his job discription is, and if he has met the goals asked for.

Finish the season unranked.
Not defeat a ranked team.
Not win the SEC.
Watch player after player transfer.
Recruit the best players in the nation.

Doesnt his contract call for a pay raise next year. LOL

Worse than that read the article in the CJ this week that all the negative press, and the crappy season will hurt recruiting, like we could anyway.
Doc Holliday Wrote:I will ask couple simple questions whats his salary this year, and do you think he earned it?

Funny you should ask that, Doc. I just read on KSR where, if Tub coaches 34 games this season, he'll earn $74,000+ per game. Not a bad day's work, huh?

For his salary schedule, check here.

Do I think he's earned it?? I'd be banned from BGR for language violation if I answered that.
Here's something else, Doc.......

-If contract is fulfilled by him until April 3, 2007 he receives a bonus of $1.5 million.

-If contract is fulfilled by him until April 3, 2011 he receives an additional bonus of $2.5 million.
Tonight was proof of what a horrible coach he is: he has no gameplans, and he's horrible at managing games, he doesn't know how to beat teams.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Nice job GNS

did you know that if he makes it to a final four, he get 2 more years?

http://espn.go.com/ncb/news/2003/0418/1541050.html
Doc Holliday Wrote:Nice job GNS

did you know that if he makes it to a final four, he get 2 more years?

http://espn.go.com/ncb/news/2003/0418/1541050.html

Whew! We're safe there. No way he can ever get to a Final Four ( unless he does it with some other coach's players ).
I'm all in favor of UK firing Tubby before April 3rd and putting that $1.5 million bonus money into a buyout fund. At least it would be money well spent. Tubby sure hasn't 'EARNED' that bonus this season.
the fact is Kentucky is in the middle of their longest stretch ever without a final four
9 seasons
yeah get out tubby smith
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Doc........since you brought this up, I'll add something I heard the other day and is also on several internet web sites. Two assistant coaches at UK will be let go after the season is over. Speculation is that Hanson and Rigot are those two coaches. Let's wait and see how this plays out. My sources have been pretty accurate. I have no reason to think they're wrong on this.

......and while we're on the subject of assistant coaches, isn't it odd that while Pitino was at UK, just about every assistant coach was being named as a replacement somewhere. Now tell me why NONE of Tubby's assistants are being touted as head coaches?? Makes one wonder, huh?

Bad hires.

I've never like Rigot. But he came with a good resume.
Hanson was a must keep for Tubby. He is a legacy.

Good.

David Hobbs, well, here is a former SEC head coach on the staff.

And Lets not forget that Ron Jirsa was once a hot prospect. Once head coach at Georgia and current head coach at Marshall.

There will most likely never be another staff assemble that was as good as Pitino's first staff at UK. That was a phenomenal run of good fortune for UK to get all of those guys together at once. Don't forget that lowly ole Tubby is one of the brightest from that group of all-stars.
I think that tubby's brass is starting to dull, and i would say Billy D is now the brightest star off that staff.
Doc Holliday Wrote:I think that tubby's brass is starting to dull, and i would say Billy D is now the brightest star off that staff.

Billy D is everyones flavor of the week. Billy Donovan was a pile of garbage, and IMO is still a pile of garbage, before he hired an assistant coach who taught the kids how to play a little defense. Its easy to shake off the fact that UF was in our SAME boat no more then 3 years ago with Crybaby Walsh and company. We have no patience as UK fans, and it is very unsettling.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Whew! We're safe there. No way he can ever get to a Final Four ( unless he does it with some other coach's players ).

I just got one thing to say about that, i mean i know he isnt going to get to a final four in the next couple of years but, Tubby did win the championship with Pitinos players, but thats something Rick couldnt do, lol just figure id throw that out there. Even tho i am gettin a little fed up with Tubby's coaching and just onther thing, how do you all know that tubby doesnt try to get through to his players, mayb the players dont listen to him. Just a thought.
corndog23 Wrote:Billy D is everyones flavor of the week. Billy Donovan was a pile of garbage, and IMO is still a pile of garbage, before he hired an assistant coach who taught the kids how to play a little defense. Its easy to shake off the fact that UF was in our SAME boat no more then 3 years ago with Crybaby Walsh and company. We have no patience as UK fans, and it is very unsettling.

Amen brother. Preach it!!
I've backed Tubby for his whole tenure at UK and this year was the first that I decided not to repudiate his critics. I thought after playing poorly in Maui I would sit silent and just let the Big Blue Chips fall where they may. Sorry Tubby, wish you could have done better.
DiMartino from the Phoenix Suns looks like the man.

In my opinion Barnhart will make the announcement stating that after season is over Tubby will be leaving.

The reason for announcing now is so he can still make his "Official" Last game at Rupp Arena. Get the standing ovation and "on a wing and a prayer" go out in style with all of the BIG BLUE NATION cheering him all the way!

Oh and also DiMartino has family from guess where..... West Virginia.

I think someone named Patterson is from there too... Hmmmmmmm

We'll see.

BTW Dimartino(Phoenix....{Confusedhh: rex chapman}....) was the Wester Div Coach at the Allstar game.

I don't watch or keep up with the NBA but I heard he(Suns) leads the league in scoring.Confusedhh:
DevilsWin Wrote:I've backed Tubby for his whole tenure at UK and this year was the first that I decided not to repudiate his critics. I thought after playing poorly in Maui I would sit silent and just let the Big Blue Chips fall where they may. Sorry Tubby, wish you could have done better.
DiMartino from the Phoenix Suns looks like the man.

Barnhart will make the announcement stating that after season is over Tubby will be leaving.

The reason for announcing now is so he can still make his "Official" Last game at Rupp Arena. Get the standing ovation and "on a wing and a prayer" go out in style with all of the BIG BLUE NATION cheering him all the way!

Oh and also DiMartino has family from guess where..... West Virginia.

I think someone named Patterson is from there too... Hmmmmmmm

We'll see.

BTW Dimartino(Phoenix....{Confusedhh: rex chapman}....) was the Wester Div Coach at the Allstar game.

I don't watch or keep up with the NBA but I heard he(Suns) leads the league in scoring.Confusedhh:

Is this a serious post or are you joking?
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next