•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will take over the crown of 15th Region Player of the Year?
Ashley Jade should win this easy.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:Ashley Jade should win this easy.
Agreed.
Creeker Wrote:Well... I saw the game against Pike Central and then the game against Lawrence County... and btw, I didn't say she wasn't a great ball player... I just said she wasn't nearly as impression as everyone has let on to me. I expected some superstar the way people have talked... and by no means did I see a superstar in either of these games. So sorry to ruffle your feathers...
you contradicted yourself you had 2 have seen Ashley play
it had better be my AJ
I think it should be Manns from the Hornets. They have one of if not the best teams to come out of East KY in long time!!! Manns is :1: !!!
It's a shame Haley got hurt or it would be her award. But it's a hidden blessing--the other Lady Hawks learned to step up while she was out and #5 is now playing like a woman on a mission. It's not about the individual awards to her--it's about going to Bowling Green!
Redneck Wrote::thatsfunn Now that's hilarious.

no way she could be mvp
Depends on when you consider player of year award ends...

Regular season[U],

A trio of gals have stepped up and played big for respective teams.

(Player of Year) IMO, should go to the MVP of the regular season team which would be Magoffin County considering thier strength of schedule and won-record against regional opponents. That being said, Ashley Jade Howard & Brittany Manns are two of Magoffin's leaders so take your pick.

You can argue for Shelby Valley's Esther Fleming. Ms. "double-double" is ending a solid career for Coach Napier.

Player of Year (Post Season) well, that award should go to MVP of the winning team.

Don't we all play for the "ring" when it gets down to it...

Any comments !!
Ashley Jade Howard All the Way, By Far The Most talented Girl In The 15th Region.
Howard or Fleming have to be considered the front runners, lets wait and see what happens in the post season. I think these two will play in the regional finals. With MC going on to state.
I think that only two girls can even be considered, Esther Fleming and Ahsley Howard. Haley Ratliff has had a great career, but POY is based on this year and she has had a horrible year.
hootie Wrote:Haley Ratliff has had a great career, but POY is based on this year and she has had a horrible year.

In my eyes, you just lost lost the most credibility of anyone on BGR for that ignorant statement.
Why do you think that is ignorant? She has missed to many games this year do to injury and other reasons. She is a great player and when she is healthy she might be the best player in the region.

Its just my opinion! My vote goes to Ashley Jade right now, but you have to see how everything is going to play out. Esther Fleming is real close with the numbers she continues to put up night in and night out. Good luck to all the teams.
hootie Wrote:Why do you think that is ignorant? She has missed to many games this year do to injury and other reasons.

Missing games doesn't make someone have a "horrible year." The facts are that she is averaging more assists than she ever has while improving her shooting percentage to over 50% and her free-throw percentage to around 85%. Just because she isn't averaging the 25-30 ppg that she has in the past doesn't make her have a "horrible year".
Trotline Wrote:In my eyes, you just lost lost the most credibility of anyone on BGR for that ignorant statement.

I am glad it is just in your eyes!!! You need to get out and watch some girls games to realize what you are talking about. If you are going to make a statement like that back it up with stats or something that make sense. NOT JUST A PERSONAL ATTACK.:thumpsup:
hootie Wrote:If you are going to make a statement like that back it up with stats or something that make sense.

My last post did this I thought.
Maybe I shouldn't of used the word horrible, but she is not having the normal Ratliff year!
You're only looking at points. She's having a better year every other way than any year she's ever had.
No one is close to Ashley Jade Howard!
No one is close to Ashley Jade Howard!
Ashley Jade Howard has to win this, come on guys look at the facts Magoffin Co. is 25-3, and Howard was a big part of that. Beating some top ranked team in Florida is unheard of, I think Haley Ratliff is a great player but due to injury this year don't think she should be included, I wish she would have been healthy this year PC would have better record and this race would be really tight. Then you have Ester Flemming IMO the only one that is in this race with Ashley Jade. When it is all said and down it will be a shame if it does'nt end up being the 5' foot nothing incrediable athlete from MC.
hootie Wrote:I am glad it is just in your eyes!!! You need to get out and watch some girls games to realize what you are talking about. If you are going to make a statement like that back it up with stats or something that make sense. NOT JUST A PERSONAL ATTACK.:thumpsup:

:flame:You're the one who needs some assistance in knowing what you are "talking about" in my opinion. I can bet that Trotline has seen a heck of a lot more games than you have and for certain is valid on this point - get over it - we all know not everyone is a Haley fan but this girl deserves the crown and has adequate stats to back up any point you want to make. Injury or no injury she has had an outstanding year. She has matured and become an overall great teammate for the younger members.
HALEY RATLIFF ALL THE WAY....................I don't anyone who has done what she has done in her career.
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:HALEY RATLIFF ALL THE WAY....................I don't anyone who has done what she has done in her career.

How many quadruple doubles has she had? Ashley jade has had i believe 3 in her career. She has won a regional title, 3 district championships, 92-27 record in her four years(not counting when she played in Middle school)!
Ashley Jade Howard
15thRegionX Wrote:How many quadruple doubles has she had? Ashley jade has had i believe 3 in her career. She has won a regional title, 3 district championships, 92-27 record in her four years(not counting when she played in Middle school)!

HAlEY RATLIFF CAREER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! senior year
2006-rick bolus potential blue chip basketball all tournament
2500 point club
pre season 15th region #1 player
Dairy Queen player of the weekJan.07
Owens borow classic all tournament team
school record: #1 career steals(677)
school record: #1 careeer assists(710)
school record: #2 careeer points (2,649)
school record: #4 careeer rebounds(1139)
state record:# 4 career steals (677)
state record:#10 career assist (710)
state records:#47 career points(2,649)

this is as of febuary 22,2007
and haley has had a 10 assist,20 points,11 rebounds in a game!
NOW i think she is in the running for THIS CROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ALL HER SENIOR YEAR

do u also want her acommplishments from 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th grade ill list them too!!!!
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:HAlEY RATLIFF CAREER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! senior year
2500 point club

THIS ALL HER SENIOR YEAR

do u also want her acommplishments from 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th grade ill list them too!!!!
you need to get out more often you will find out there is life out there
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:HAlEY RATLIFF CAREER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! senior year
2500 point club

THIS ALL HER SENIOR YEAR

the way i read this she done all this her senior year after missing a number of games what is her scoring average 80 -90 ppg ?
Some of u better watch, these magoffin fans get hysterical when u talk about their team. God forbid anyone get on here and have anything bad to say about them, its like its a sin or something. All the girls that have been mentioned have all been great players this year, and if u are going to give a player of the year award to someone, i think it should be for what they have done this year, not past years. I dont really have a favorite, but if i were to pick one it would be Ratliff from PC. One other thing, The Fan, what right do u have to tell someone to get a life just because they look up stats and so on, looks to me like u dont have much of one either, u post as much as anyone if not more, and its always when someone has something to say about your precious Magoffin teams. If im not mistaken, arent u close to if not in your forties. Now ask yourself, who really needs to get out more and get a life? I love and watch many different sports, I do not like/dislike any one team or player any more than the others, im an equal opportunity sports fan. I dont get mad if or when someone says something about me or whatever teams i like, if i did, i would be as immature as the people saying it.
The Fan Wrote:you need to get out more often you will find out there is life out there
wasnt me that posted that , it was my nephew he is no longer aloud to use my name on here i am sorry
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next