Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 70 East Ridge 62
Mason Vance had a really good game. Congrats Cats!
Was this a close game?
Congrats Pburg
Congrats to P-burg.
Way to go guys.
Congrats Pburg
Congrats Pburg
Intresting Fact; Since East Ridge High School was establised, they havn't defeated Prestonsburg High School in a Male athletics event.
blackcat_student Wrote:Intresting Fact; Since East Ridge High School was establised, they havn't defeated Prestonsburg High School in a Male athletics event.

this is true....east ridge has some good athletes too that number 3 on their basketball team tonight was draining some threes this possibly a coaching issue...or who knows no body does but they played good tonight congrats on the win tonight p-burg love ya guys but good game east ridge
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Was this a close game?
Yes...This was a close game...at one point East Ridge was ahead in the thrid quarter and then fell behind by 14 or so...they did a really nice job coming back but just came up a little short at the end....P-Burg did a nice job of getting Hall the basketball at the end when ER had to start fouling...It seemed like he made 10 or more free throws at the end...He was pretty much automatic from the line...Vance also killed the Warriors when he had 13 in the second quarter....The officiating in this game was terrible...Not for just one team but for both...The guy from Sheldon Clark did a pretty good job...Which he usually does...But the other one shouldnt even be calling varsity games...I think P-Burg has a really nice team and wouldn't be surprised to see them make a run come tourny time...The reason I say that is because they are so much bigger and so much more physical than any other team in this region....It also helps when you have three outstanding shooters like Hall, Vance, and Hughes....Congrats to P-burg on a nice win...This was a really fun game to watch :Thumbs:
Congrats P_Burg
blackcat_student Wrote:Intresting Fact; Since East Ridge High School was establised, they havn't defeated Prestonsburg High School in a Male athletics event.

Gaw,how long has ER been established?
Fred_Samford Wrote:Yes...This was a close game...at one point East Ridge was ahead in the thrid quarter and then fell behind by 14 or so...they did a really nice job coming back but just came up a little short at the end....P-Burg did a nice job of getting Hall the basketball at the end when ER had to start fouling...It seemed like he made 10 or more free throws at the end...He was pretty much automatic from the line...Vance also killed the Warriors when he had 13 in the second quarter....The officiating in this game was terrible...Not for just one team but for both...The guy from Sheldon Clark did a pretty good job...Which he usually does...But the other one shouldnt even be calling varsity games...I think P-Burg has a really nice team and wouldn't be surprised to see them make a run come tourny time...The reason I say that is because they are so much bigger and so much more physical than any other team in this region....It also helps when you have three outstanding shooters like Hall, Vance, and Hughes....Congrats to P-burg on a nice win...This was a really fun game to watch :Thumbs:

Nice post, East Ridge has a very fundimentally sound team. I don't think they missed one maybe two freethrows. For the younger players on the team (which I believe there are several) you have a bright future. Blackcats played aggresive defense, of course you can only play as aggressive as the refs will allow, and that changes every game.
ER played a good game and never gave up. ER only missed 1 free throw all night great team shooting from the line. But for once the Cats made free throws and won the game. Vance got the Cats off to a positive start in the 2nd wit 13 and Hall went 10-10 from the free throw line scoring the last 8 points of the game. Martin had another strong performance for the Cats.
Let me guess, Fred must be from the Ridge!
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:Let me guess, Fred must be from the Ridge!

East ridge played pretty good or at least as much as their abilities allowed them. Prestonsburg I am sure took this game very lightly and couldve easily given it away but everyone played a good game and good luck to both the teams here on out this season!
Very well played game, but I expected ER to come out on top...
But congrats go out to Pburg!!!
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:Let me guess, Fred must be from the Ridge!
WRONG....I am just really good friends with Coach Eric Ratliff so I went to this game...I just call em like I see em Smile....Let me guess..You say that because I said the officiating was terrible....I said that because it was...If you look I said it was bad for both teams....I just don't like to watch games when they don't let the kids play
Fred_Samford Wrote:WRONG....I am just really good friends with Coach Eric Ratliff so I went to this game...I just call em like I see em Smile....Let me guess..You say that because I said the officiating was terrible....I said that because it was...If you look I said it was bad for both teams....I just don't like to watch games when they don't let the kids play

Were there a lot of fouls called, a lot of ticky-tack fouls?
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:Were there a lot of fouls called, a lot of ticky-tack fouls?
Yea there were a lot of fouls called that normally wouldnt be called....I'd say there was somewhere along the line of like 4 or 5 illegal screens called....You hardly ever see that....The one guy just made a lot of bad calls...Not just fouls but almost everything he called....He looked and acted like he was scared to death....Im not sure if it was an East Ridge player or a Prestonsburg player but he called an out of bounds on a kid and his foot was at least a good foot away from the sideline....He wasnt even in position and there is no way he could have saw that....I guess he just saw that he was close to it and called him out....I think they gave all the calls to which ever team was making a run at the point in time....So I guess you can say it was just a poor called game.
NYY10 Wrote:Gaw,how long has ER been established?

Snice 2002

Are you counting the Oct 31, 2003 football game at P'burg it was counted as a forfeit.
Warrior, that's just adding insult to injury.

Fred_Samford Wrote:Yea there were a lot of fouls called that normally wouldnt be called....I'd say there was somewhere along the line of like 4 or 5 illegal screens called....You hardly ever see that....The one guy just made a lot of bad calls...Not just fouls but almost everything he called....He looked and acted like he was scared to death....Im not sure if it was an East Ridge player or a Prestonsburg player but he called an out of bounds on a kid and his foot was at least a good foot away from the sideline....He wasnt even in position and there is no way he could have saw that....I guess he just saw that he was close to it and called him out....I think they gave all the calls to which ever team was making a run at the point in time....So I guess you can say it was just a poor called game.

Not trying to be a smart aleck here, just being the devils advocate, but did you have a better view of the kids foot than he did? Which sideline was it, on the far sideline or directly in front of the benches?
I remember the play but I was in no position to tell anything about that call, but Fred's calling it how he saw it. I didnt think it was a very well called game, I've seen worse. Things started to heat up a little on the court between players and it was due to the refs not calling fouls when they were fouls and calling the stupid little no call fouls. Both ends of the court too. East Ridge will be a team to watch for the next two, three, maybe four years. Blackcats looked pretty good. Coach Crisp pulled several starters in the third quarter I would have to guess so they could get a little more rest as they were supposed to play Hazard the next night.
warriorpride Wrote:Are you counting the Oct 31, 2003 football game at P'burg it was counted as a forfeit.

Well, since the game was played and we did beat East Ridge it still counts in my book. The games weren't forfeited till after the season. But if this game was forfeited before they played I'd say it would count as a East Ridge win.
Congrats Pburg.
Congrats P-burg.