Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 53 / Paintsville 51 - 57th Championship
Paintsville led the entire game, was on fire the first half, went cold in the second half, JD VanHoose played a great game as did all the Tigers. Kyle Rice had a HUGE night for JC, IMO he kept JC in it the whole way and pretty much won it for em', without him JC woulda got beat 15.

JC's Jamie McCarty hit a shot with 3 seconds to go, every player and coach for Paintsville was trying to call a timeout, but JC's bench stormed the floor as time was still running out and the refs "didn't see" anyone from Pville trying to call a TO, I know they were in a big hurry to get out of that gym, Wendall Wallon is SORRY, he is by far the worst ref I have ever seen in my life. That play and all the charges that were called on Pville were the only things I question about the game, other than that it was a great game, Paintsville just couldn't hit the free throws to put it away.

Congrats JC on a hard fought victory.

Keep your heads up Tigers, get ready for next week and pull it together, you'll be alright.
Sorry everyone, the final was 53-51 JC, I dont know where I got 64-62.
Congrats Johnson Central!!
I had a feeling that JC would win this game. Its tough to beat a team three times in a season, as from what I heard on the radio it was a great game. Congrats Johnson Central and goodluck to both teams next week
Bill_Don I have seen Paintsville many times this year and they throw a fore arm when they drive or get pressured. As far as officials go, the 15th Region has to have the sorriest in the state. I feel sorry for who ever gets them in their Regional games.
"THUNDERCHILD" Wrote:Bill_Don I have seen Paintsville many times this year and they throw a fore arm when they drive or get pressured.

As does many, MANY players in the region, they might put a fore arm up to keep the defender away, but atleast they don't push off like most of the others.

"THUNDERCHILD" Wrote:As far as officials go, the 15th Region has to have the sorriest in the state. I feel sorry for who ever gets them in their Regional games.

You are definately right there thunder, they are the worst as a whole and Wendall Wallon is the worst ref by far. IDK if another region will get the 15th's refs or not, I know last years region tourney we had our own refs, which raised ALOT of controversy.
Congrats to Johnson Central on a comeback victory. You can't take anything away from these kids, they played hard and never quit. Paintsville played tough, but it just seemed once one thing went wrong another did too. I disagreed with MANY calls from the stands, especially one ref who probably doesn't know his own name. Anyway, Paintsville should've put it away when JC had them on the ropes and it's the Tigers own fault for letting the Eagles back in it. You have to hit your free throws, that makes a world of difference and that's something Paintsville hurt at late in the game. Congrats Eagles and Tigers on a good game, good luck both teams this week.
Congrats JC.
Congrats to JC, and yes, the 15th's refs are pretty sad.