Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time For Tubby To Go
Im sorry i have tried my best to support tubby and stick up for him but i cant take it no more. he has got to go because kentucky basketball is going nowhere way to fast with him there
At least see how the season plays out before acting irrational. I'm not happy with the way things are after tonight's game, but 7 losses of which 4 are to to top 10 teams this season.

If he doesn't land Patterson or Lucas I think he may be gone, that is if he doesn't finish strong this season, but there are still bright days ahead especially if those two show up on campus.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
And before anybody else posts it, I'll save you the trouble. Here's the online petition calling for Tubby's job that has been so successful Smile http://www.petitiononline.com/firetubb/petition.html
Have a blast.
Or if you want to chat it up with some fellow irrational thinkers whose expectations are ridiculous you can go here. > http://www.firetubbysmith.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tubby is not only dragging down the UK basketball program, he has seriously divided the UK fanbase. HE MUST GO. UK basketball deserves better. The UK fans deserve better. TUBBY MUST GO. Plain and simple.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Tubby is not only dragging down the UK basketball program, he has seriously divided the UK fanbase. HE MUST GO. UK basketball deserves better. The UK fans deserve better. TUBBY MUST GO. Plain and simple.

Smile Keep it up. This thread will do wonders. Go sign that petition a few hundred more times.

Tubby and the players deserve better fans than ones that call for a coaches head also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bye Bye Tubby!!
Tubby Smith is the best coach ever
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
I wish Mark Few would come to U.K.!
I wish they would fire coach K at Duke. His team has lost four in a row and more to come. Lville needs to fire Pitino. What has he done there, NIT every year. Get my point.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I wish Mark Few would come to U.K.!

Him or Tom Izzo from Michigan State.
If Tubby doesn't finish strong and doesn't land patterson and lucas I think he should def. be in the hot seat. I am a strong Tubby supporter he just cannot get it done.
Agree!
CAM2006 Wrote:Tubby Smith is the best coach ever

I along with many others disagree!

:ChairHit:
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Everybody go sign the petition. Smile
Or go find another team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Statistically, Tubby Smith is a great coach. He is 241-71 with UK. He's won a National Title, 1 Final Four, 4 Elite Eights, and 8 Sweet Sixteens. He's captured 5 SEC Conference Championships and 5 SEC Tournament Championships. He's been named National Coach of the Year 3 times, and had the #1 Recruiting Class of 2004. All of this is great! But there are a few problems...UK fans don't want Elite Eights and Sweet Sixteens, we want Final Fours and National Championships! We haven't had either since 1998, nearly 10 years. The recruiting has been sub-par lately, and even with Rondo, Morris, Crawford, and Bradley, UK still can't do anything on the court. I'm as big a UK fan as anyone on here, and no, I'm not satisfied with the performance recently. The shooting against Florida was horrible, and the defense against Tennessee was horrible. I understand that Tubby can't go out on the court and play, but he's the guy who brings in the players who do play. I agree, there is no reason we can't land Jai Lucas or Patrick Patterson, or BOTH. We lost Thaddeus Young last year, and Chris Lofton and Corey Brewer a few years ago. I'm still optimistic about this season. They've lost 2 in a row, but there is still time to get things straight before the SEC and NCAA Tournaments. If things end this season like they did last season, then yes, Tubby should be gone. We can't keep having seasons like we've been having...2nd Round exits from the NCAA Tournament and Quarterfinal and Semifinal exits from the SEC Tournament. UK fans are too loyal and UK basketball means to much to us for the team not produce.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:If things end this season like they did last season, then yes, Tubby should be gone. We can't keep having seasons like we've been having...2nd Round exits from the NCAA Tournament and Quarterfinal and Semifinal exits from the SEC Tournament. UK fans are too loyal and UK basketball means to much to us for the team not produce.

I would even agree that a 2nd round exit this season, along without getting Patterson and Lucas Tubby should probably go, but I have a lot of faith in this team. They've not lost bad games. The loss to Georgia is the one that really hurt. Other than that 4 losses have been to top 10 teams. The other 3 were to teams that could easily make the NCAA tournament.

If Tubby doesn't finish strong, and I mean this. If we go out in the 2nd round again and don't get Patterson I'll begin to slip over to the other side of the UK fan base, and begin thinking of change.

I just know there's a lot of basketball left to be played, and I see great potential in this team. The last 2 games, the 2nd halves have been amazing. All they need to do is come out strong and they can beat anybody.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I would even agree that a 2nd round exit this season, along without getting Patterson and Lucas Tubby should probably go, but I have a lot of faith in this team. They've not lost bad games. The loss to Georgia is the one that really hurt. Other than that 4 losses have been to top 10 teams. The other 3 were to teams that could easily make the NCAA tournament.

If Tubby doesn't finish strong, and I mean this. If we go out in the 2nd round again and don't get Patterson I'll begin to slip over to the other side of the UK fan base, and begin thinking of change.

I just know there's a lot of basketball left to be played, and I see great potential in this team. The last 2 games, the 2nd halves have been amazing. All they need to do is come out strong and they can beat anybody.
Well said, alfus. I agree 100% If they can put 40 minutes of basketball together, they can play with anyone. And thier inconsistent. The defense against Florida, and then the defense against Tennessee...2 completely different teams. But I believe they will get things together long before the SEC Tourney. The next 5 games will show how much they can come together and play 40 minutes of team basketball.
I will say it again.Only a great coach could win as many games as the cats have won this year with the players on that team,,,,,He being the one that brought them there,,,it doesnt make since.Was he that wrong in what he thought he was getting.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Well said, alfus. I agree 100% If they can put 40 minutes of basketball together, they can play with anyone. And thier inconsistent. The defense against Florida, and then the defense against Tennessee...2 completely different teams. But I believe they will get things together long before the SEC Tourney. The next 5 games will show how much they can come together and play 40 minutes of team basketball.

I agree. I think this team has a lot of upside, and their RPI, SOS, and Power Rankings show how good this team is compared to what some fans want to think. 40 minutes of good basketball and they will be hard to beat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I agree. I think this team has a lot of upside, and their RPI, SOS, and Power Rankings show how good this team is compared to what some fans want to think. 40 minutes of good basketball and they will be hard to beat.
If they shoot well too alfus.Look what Louisville did to Pitt.They shot well!!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Statistically, Tubby Smith is a great coach. He is 241-71 with UK. He's won a National Title, 1 Final Four, 4 Elite Eights, and 8 Sweet Sixteens. He's captured 5 SEC Conference Championships and 5 SEC Tournament Championships. He's been named National Coach of the Year 3 times, and had the #1 Recruiting Class of 2004. All of this is great! But there are a few problems...UK fans don't want Elite Eights and Sweet Sixteens, we want Final Fours and National Championships! We haven't had either since 1998, nearly 10 years. The recruiting has been sub-par lately, and even with Rondo, Morris, Crawford, and Bradley, UK still can't do anything on the court. I'm as big a UK fan as anyone on here, and no, I'm not satisfied with the performance recently. The shooting against Florida was horrible, and the defense against Tennessee was horrible. I understand that Tubby can't go out on the court and play, but he's the guy who brings in the players who do play. I agree, there is no reason we can't land Jai Lucas or Patrick Patterson, or BOTH. We lost Thaddeus Young last year, and Chris Lofton and Corey Brewer a few years ago. I'm still optimistic about this season. They've lost 2 in a row, but there is still time to get things straight before the SEC and NCAA Tournaments. If things end this season like they did last season, then yes, Tubby should be gone. We can't keep having seasons like we've been having...2nd Round exits from the NCAA Tournament and Quarterfinal and Semifinal exits from the SEC Tournament. UK fans are too loyal and UK basketball means to much to us for the team not produce.

EXCELLENT POST!
I ordered a shirt...
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Statistically, Tubby Smith is a great coach. He is 241-71 with UK. He's won a National Title, 1 Final Four, 4 Elite Eights, and 8 Sweet Sixteens. He's captured 5 SEC Conference Championships and 5 SEC Tournament Championships. He's been named National Coach of the Year 3 times, and had the #1 Recruiting Class of 2004. All of this is great! But there are a few problems...UK fans don't want Elite Eights and Sweet Sixteens, we want Final Fours and National Championships! We haven't had either since 1998, nearly 10 years. The recruiting has been sub-par lately, and even with Rondo, Morris, Crawford, and Bradley, UK still can't do anything on the court. I'm as big a UK fan as anyone on here, and no, I'm not satisfied with the performance recently. The shooting against Florida was horrible, and the defense against Tennessee was horrible. I understand that Tubby can't go out on the court and play, but he's the guy who brings in the players who do play. I agree, there is no reason we can't land Jai Lucas or Patrick Patterson, or BOTH. We lost Thaddeus Young last year, and Chris Lofton and Corey Brewer a few years ago. I'm still optimistic about this season. They've lost 2 in a row, but there is still time to get things straight before the SEC and NCAA Tournaments. If things end this season like they did last season, then yes, Tubby should be gone. We can't keep having seasons like we've been having...2nd Round exits from the NCAA Tournament and Quarterfinal and Semifinal exits from the SEC Tournament. UK fans are too loyal and UK basketball means to much to us for the team not produce.

Very good post. Kentucky Wildcat basketball isnt just basketball, it is a way of life around here and around the state. And to see them not even get past the 2nd round of the NC2A tourney and in the q'tr finals of the SEC is not right at all and not the Kentucky Wildcat basketball everyone is used to seeing. Hopefully times change around here, and if they do, they need to chance quickly. I am a UK fan at heart and one of the most loyal andf faithful fans on here and always will be no matter how bad they are. These last few years have been rebuilding years, every team has them, but fans like us on here and around the rest of the state have hardly ever seen a rebuilding year at UK, and its making them really impatient b/c they more than anyone want the SEC Titles, elite 8's, the final 4's and the National Titles. Just think if Rick Pitino would have stayed there, UK would have a dynasty and we would all be saying UCLA WHO? And I agree with Alfus that if UK gets past the 2nd round, gets Patterson and Lucas, I think he will still be gone but thats MO. This isnt traditional UK basketball, we need to get that tradition back, and IMO the first thing they need to do is get rid of Smith!
Redneck Wrote:I ordered a shirt...

Good job.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What shirt?
Nevermind, lol, classic Redneck!
Yeah Redneck is really playing the part to his name well. Good waste of money though.
I just think its time for him to step down.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
we need a coach thats from kentucky.
you all know deap down that pelphrey would be a great fit.
he is a great recruiter from his days in U.F.
he would put his heart and soul in to the job.
and they can also take a look at ford
alfus21 Wrote:Good job.

:Thumbs: Thanks...