Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Team Race
Lets face it people its a 2 team race between Paintsville & Shelby Valley with no one else even close at this point! The only way anyone else wins is a major major upset due to injury, illness or something like that. On a bad night these 2 are still good enough to take the 15th.
Dead eye 3 Wrote:Lets face it people its a 2 team race between Paintsville & Shelby Valley with no one else even close at this point! The only way anyone else wins is a major major upset due to injury, illness or something like that. On a bad night these 2 are still good enough to take the 15th.
Agreed.
I think they have each proven this on the season.
I would have to say that Valley has the edge right now over Paintsville. When you play a top 5 team in the state within 3 points on the road, that's a pretty good showing. i know Paintsville has some pretty nice showings, but still, it was Warren Central, after a tough night against Paul Dunbar, so I have to give the nod to Shelby Valley at this point, but we'll see what happens when region comes around.
Dead eye 3 Wrote:Lets face it people its a 2 team race between Paintsville & Shelby Valley with no one else even close at this point! The only way anyone else wins is a major major upset due to injury, illness or something like that. On a bad night these 2 are still good enough to take the 15th.

Wow this is a bold statement. Along with the whole post. Of course they are easily #1 and #2, but saying they are a lock for the Championship game is plain crazy. Last year JC was def. not the #1 or #2 team in the region and they won. So I believe we just need to wait and see what happens before assumptions like these are said!:Thumbs:
I will agree they are the best 2 anyone who dont is a homer. But if they have a bad night or another team gets real hot neither is unbeatable remember that. If one of thest two wins the region they will have close games along the way. If a Belfry or JC or Pikeville got it going and played really well and them a little off then watch out. But I agree these are the 2 best teams.
15thRegionX Wrote:Wow this is a bold statement. Along with the whole post. Of course they are easily #1 and #2, but saying they are a lock for the Championship game is plain crazy. Last year JC was def. not the #1 or #2 team in the region and they won. So I believe we just need to wait and see what happens before assumptions like these are said!:Thumbs:

I agree
Belfry Wins Wrote:I will agree they are the best 2 anyone who dont is a homer. But if they have a bad night or another team gets real hot neither is unbeatable remember that. If one of thest two wins the region they will have close games along the way. If a Belfry or JC or Pikeville got it going and played really well and them a little off then watch out. But I agree these are the 2 best teams.

Agreed. Paintsville and Valley are the best two teams but like you say if another team gets hot neither is unbeatable. Don't overlook Maggofin County either, they could pull an upset on any given night. They played real well against JC last night and have lost alot of close games this year. If they play like they are capable of, Paintsville will win it though.
I think it's safe to say that Johnson Central will not repeat.
I havent got to see Valley play, but trust me Paintsville is very very beatable by alot of teams in the 15th, if they are not shooting well, they will get beat plan an simple, they live an die by the 3...
kyr450 Wrote:I havent got to see Valley play, but trust me Paintsville is very very beatable by alot of teams in the 15th, if they are not shooting well, they will get beat plan an simple, they live an die by the 3...
I have to agree 100%. The bad thing about it is they don't have too. So many atheletes on this tiger team. I have said it before and i feel its worth repeating (if u have seen them play u will know what i am saying) 7 or 8 out of 10 times up the floor its either a pass and shoot or no passes and shoot whether is anyone to rebound or not. The tigers will have a 10 point lead with very little time on the clock and u would think there behind. i have not seen shelby valley play, but i do know they are very well coached. oh well we will see. i hope it is between the cats in the finals of the 15th. tigers/wildcats.
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:I have to agree 100%. The bad thing about it is they don't have too. So many atheletes on this tiger team. I have said it before and i feel its worth repeating (if u have seen them play u will know what i am saying) 7 or 8 out of 10 times up the floor its either a pass and shoot or no passes and shoot whether is anyone to rebound or not. The tigers will have a 10 point lead with very little time on the clock and u would think there behind. i have not seen shelby valley play, but i do know they are very well coached. oh well we will see. i hope it is between the cats in the finals of the 15th. tigers/wildcats.

If the tigers play a dominant force in the post then the other team should pound the ball in the middle because i have yet to see them shut down a good post player!
kyr450 Wrote:I havent got to see Valley play, but trust me Paintsville is very very beatable by alot of teams in the 15th, if they are not shooting well, they will get beat plan an simple, they live an die by the 3...

Paintsville is very beatable by alot of teams in the 15th? You are way too jealous of P-Ville for some reason. Yes I am bias towards the Tigers but to say they are beatable by alot of teams is insane. Did you see the last 3 quarters last night? It's called playing like they are capable of playing and when they do that, Shelby Valley is the only team that can come close to beating P-Ville.
15thRegionX Wrote:Wow this is a bold statement. Along with the whole post. Of course they are easily #1 and #2, but saying they are a lock for the Championship game is plain crazy. Last year JC was def. not the #1 or #2 team in the region and they won. So I believe we just need to wait and see what happens before assumptions like these are said!:Thumbs:

Completely agree, the best team does not always win region. I do think SV and Paintsville are the two top teams but are not a lock. I remember a dominating SV team going to South Floyd in 2000 (I think) beating them by like 60+ and then in district SF beat Allen Central in the finals by about 50. Long story short AC beat SV at SV in opening round of region and SF won the region that year. The region is about the draw and who can get hot and play the best for 3 games.
tigerfanz Wrote:Paintsville is very beatable by alot of teams in the 15th? You are way too jealous of P-Ville for some reason. Yes I am bias towards the Tigers but to say they are beatable by alot of teams is insane. Did you see the last 3 quarters last night? It's called playing like they are capable of playing and when they do that, Shelby Valley is the only team that can come close to beating P-Ville.

Im not bias against paintsville any team that lives by the 3 like they do is very very beatable, trust me I guarantee I have seen them play more than you...

An who ever said Valley is very well coached is crazy, Booher is a horrible coach, I played for him at Belfry, he is an idiot, Valley is just very talented...
15thRegionX Wrote:If the tigers play a dominant force in the post then the other team should pound the ball in the middle because i have yet to see them shut down a good post player!

Maybe if they had a big man around 6'5 or 6'6 like a bruiser type player then they could shut down any dominant post presence they wanted. But they dont have that.
It will not be Belfry or Pikeville to represent the 15th I can almost assure you that. If there is an upset it would have to come from sonewhere else. IMO SV has the edge at this time. Paintsville can be beaten if the 3 is not falling & play a good O rebounding team as Paintsvlle is very weak on the D glass.
kyr450 Wrote:Im not bias against paintsville any team that lives by the 3 like they do is very very beatable, trust me I guarantee I have seen them play more than you...

An who ever said Valley is very well coached is crazy, Booher is a horrible coach, I played for him at Belfry, he is an idiot, Valley is just very talented...
Whatever you say but you are biased for some reason. You guarantee you have seen them play more than me? My screen name isn't tigerfanz for no reason. I have seen every quarter of every game so what can you say now? If Paintsville decides they want to play, they will win the 15th Region.
tigerfanz Wrote:Whatever you say but you are biased for some reason. You guarantee you have seen them play more than me? My screen name isn't tigerfanz for no reason. I have seen every quarter of every game so what can you say now? If Paintsville decides they want to play, they will win the 15th Region.

Ive seen just about everygame, yea thats there problem they hardly ever decide to play... The beat there self in the all A...
Dead eye 3 Wrote:It will not be Belfry or Pikeville to represent the 15th I can almost assure you that. If there is an upset it would have to come from sonewhere else. IMO SV has the edge at this time. Paintsville can be beaten if the 3 is not falling & play a good O rebounding team as Paintsvlle is very weak on the D glass.

When Belfry is on there A game they could pull off winning the region... So could Pikeville...
Johnny Fairplay Wrote:Completely agree, the best team does not always win region. I do think SV and Paintsville are the two top teams but are not a lock. I remember a dominating SV team going to South Floyd in 2000 (I think) beating them by like 60+ and then in district SF beat Allen Central in the finals by about 50. Long story short AC beat SV at SV in opening round of region and SF won the region that year. The region is about the draw and who can get hot and play the best for 3 games.

Good reminder and post. :rockon:

Just last year, all the district winners lost in the first round of the regional. Anything can happen.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Good reminder and post. :rockon:

Just last year, all the district winners lost in the first round of the regional. Anything can happen.

Yeah but all the people that won their district last year shouldn't have, lol.
I agree...There are other teams in this region who could go on a run and win this thing...You people may think I am crazy but watch out for Allen Central when the tourny rolls around...They arent as good as Valley and Paintsville but I think they could be a very dangerous team come tourny time:Thumbs:
kyr450 Wrote:Im not bias against paintsville any team that lives by the 3 like they do is very very beatable, trust me I guarantee I have seen them play more than you...

One minute you are saying Valley is overrated and then they are just very talented. Belfry? They have a decent player in Case but that's it. They couldn't beat anyone without him. Landon takes him out of the game so they don't have a prayer againt P-Ville or Valley.
Johnny Fairplay Wrote:Completely agree, the best team does not always win region. I do think SV and Paintsville are the two top teams but are not a lock. I remember a dominating SV team going to South Floyd in 2000 (I think) beating them by like 60+ and then in district SF beat Allen Central in the finals by about 50. Long story short AC beat SV at SV in opening round of region and SF won the region that year. The region is about the draw and who can get hot and play the best for 3 games.
I think it was more like 20 something, but anyway I agree the best team does not always win.
Guess we'll have to wait and see how the regional tourney drawing goes. PHS and SVHS could be a second round match and only one of them make it to the championship game.
Ok this thread has no meaning. You can't say this is a 2 team racce in the 15th region. It is still open. You have teams that could win it any night. Paintsville, Shelby Valley, Belfry, Pikeville, Magoffin Co. has been playing really good. It's going to be an interesting tournament.
Sorry, jsut my opinion that Belfry & Pikeville are not really any threat to win the 15th. Belfry especailly, as to me they are just not impressive at all. I do not know that much about Magoffin Co. Belfry & Pikeville will probably be in the region tournament but it will end there.

Agree 110% - You hit this one rite on the money. Call me crazy, but JC just might do it... I think they can pull out of the hole there in sooner or later. It almost seems like their whole team just needs a good slap, coaches and all, to get them back into sync. GOOD LUCK EAGLES!
Mr.Mister Wrote:Agree 110% - You hit this one rite on the money. Call me crazy, but JC just might do it... I think they can pull out of the hole there in sooner or later. It almost seems like their whole team just needs a good slap, coaches and all, to get them back into sync. GOOD LUCK EAGLES!
Wow how surprising that Eagleville would agree that Paintsville is beatable. JC couldn't beat anyone right now. Face it they are out of it. Can anyone name a Region 15 team that has come close to beating Paintsville this year? So how are they so beatable by any team in the 15th when no one has come close. Like the thread says P-Ville and Valley are in a class by themselves.
tigerfanz Wrote:Wow how surprising that Eagleville would agree that Paintsville is beatable. JC couldn't beat anyone right now. Face it they are out of it. Can anyone name a Region 15 team that has come close to beating Paintsville this year? So how are they so beatable by any team in the 15th when no one has come close. Like the thread says P-Ville and Valley are in a class by themselves.

JC arent out of it, they are a little shaken up, but liek I said, they'll get back into sync... Thursday night just may not going to be as bad of a game as you, or anyone thinks. Have you played SV yet? No. At least the Eagles have the guts to sceduel them. Pikeville came within 7 first time you played, then 8 the next time. If the 3 isnt on, then say goodbye to that game.