Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR---Starns Resigns!!
#1TigerFan Wrote:As for Matney, he doesn't stay at one school very long, and unfortunately, he leaves bad blood when he goes (just ask the folks at SC). However, I don't question his ability to coach or win.
This is probably the craziest thing that I have ever read on here. The man stayed at Sheldon Clark for twenty years after playing and coaching at Belfry so how can you say that he doesn't stay at a school very long. Let me guess your St. Bernard told you this. I can see why you tiger fans always fantasize about Matney leaving Johnson Central though after witnessing his teams throttle yours the past three years. I can see why you would want him to leave.
#1TigerFan Wrote:Look, opinons are like buts. Everyone's got one and most stink. I gave my opinion, you gave yours and fortunately, I'm grown up enough to cope with both.

I NEVER support a quitter regardless - blue, black, or otherwise. BMR has coached 20 years and quit 21 times (one year he quit twice). Drama is drama regardless where it occurs.

HOWEVER, I do think JC has coaching ADD. They can't stay happy with one coach long enough to let them build a program. I NEVER stated Starns was fired, I just said that maybe he got tired of being the step child and quit. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

As for Matney, he doesn't stay at one school very long, and unfortunately, he leaves bad blood when he goes (just ask the folks at SC). However, I don't question his ability to coach or win.

As for blasting JC, yes, I support both schools, but like all on the site, I have a preference.

Have a nice day and find some happiness! Y don't share your opinion. That is the type of ignorance that leads to terrible things.
Yeah , but you never mention any of that drama do you?

Oh I fully comprehend what your getting at, full throttle hatred is what I see. Telling the truth and knowing your facts is also a wonderful thing.

Matney doesn't stay in one place very long? He's only had two head coaching jobs. The last one lasted probably 10 or more years. Again check your facts.

Support both schools? Not seen much support of both , just a lot of bashing towards one in particular.

No, what leads to terrible things is making up accusations and calling people retarded and saying they have 5 year old mentalities, especially when you make things up to call them that. Glad your grown up enough to not call people names. Very mature of you there sister.
Golden Eagle Wrote:This is probably the craziest thing that I have ever read on here. The man stayed at Sheldon Clark for twenty years after playing and coaching at Belfry so how can you say that he doesn't stay at a school very long. Let me guess your St. Bernard told you this. I can see why you tiger fans always fantasize about Matney leaving Johnson Central though after witnessing his teams throttle yours the past three years. I can see why you would want him to leave.
Come on there Golden Eagle dont be so hard on that St. Bernard. It only knows what it has been taught.
So, the new rumor is that Starns is still the JC coach???
Unbiased Wrote:Need to change the rumor...Starnes is back as coach of JC.

Coach Starns will remain with the Golden Eagles for the remainder of this year.I was told by a person who is one of the top people within the school system that everything was worked out today and everyone just wanted to focus on the remainder of this season.I hope that the Golden Eagles can finish the year like they started it by winning.Everyone that is a Eagles fan needs to show up and support this fine group of young men that represent their school when ever and where ever they play!!We need to let them know that we are proud of them and that we have faith in them.I'm still a Eagle fan even though I don't know the whole story of who said or done this or that all I know is that we have 16 guys who bust their butts in practice every day and when they have a game they always play hard!! I think you guys are :1: . GO EAGLES!!!!!! :Thumbs: :Clap:
Starns is a heck of a coach, but not for the high school level. He is more fit for college athletes. His work ethic take all the fun out of the game and no one in high school will play if there is no fun to be had. Like someone said before, he is different, in is ethic and personality. There were very few people that he got along with at Jc anyway. Who knows, this could be a turning point for JC, in a good direction. Tommy Mckenzie would be a great fill in for starns. He has done great with the Jv teams. Good luck in the future JC.
It is confirmed that Starns has resigned. I'm not for sure why but it is 100%. He will however still continue to teach is classes at JC for the remainder of the year.
Justin Credible Wrote:Heres exactly what I think, hes selfish. If Starns can quit and come back then why can't Meeks? You can expect players to quit throughout season but when a coach does, it looks very bad on him and his character. If Starns can come back then Meeks should be able to.:redboxer:

VERY GOOD point! :thumpsup:
rooster Wrote:Yeah , but you never mention any of that drama do you?[/color][/color]

Oh I fully comprehend what your getting at, full throttle hatred is what I see. Telling the truth and knowing your facts is also a wonderful thing.

Matney doesn't stay in one place very long? He's only had two head coaching jobs. The last one lasted probably 10 or more years. Again check your facts.

Support both schools? Not seen much support of both , just a lot of bashing towards one in particular.

No, what leads to terrible things is making up accusations and calling people retarded and saying they have 5 year old mentalities, especially when you make things up to call them that. Glad your grown up enough to not call people names. Very mature of you there sister.

Correction - "brother".
He's goin...He's stayin.... Next thing you know OJ and Walker will be transferin there!
firetubbyplease! Wrote:He's goin...He's stayin.... Next thing you know OJ and Walker will be transferin there!
Smile Smile :lmao:
firetubbyplease! Wrote:He's goin...He's stayin.... Next thing you know OJ and Walker will be transferin there!

I'm transferrin' there. I just want to hang with Rooster!
Justin Credible Wrote:Heres exactly what I think, hes selfish. If Starns can quit and come back then why can't Meeks? You can expect players to quit throughout season but when a coach does, it looks very bad on him and his character. If Starns can come back then Meeks should be able to.:redboxer:

Like stated earlier, Kyle Rice (15th Region Tourney MVP) hated Starnes, BUT he played (he didn't quit) because he LOVED THE GAME. If Meeks really has the heart and desire that all the JC fans said he had before the season started then he would have never quit.
Well I hate to tell you all but Starnes hasnt went any were. Matter of fact he was at the LC game tonight and I heard him tell an official he wasnt going anywhere.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Well I hate to tell you all but Starnes hasnt went any were. Matter of fact he was at the LC game tonight and I heard him tell an official he wasnt going anywhere.

eaglehoops Wrote:Okay, here are the hard facts! Starns did resign Saturday afternoon. However, after meeting with administration he has decided to back out on his resigination and will remain coach at JCHS for the remainder of the year! Thats really it, he resigned then unresigned...

^ We heard...
People need to get their facts straight. Starns was at Lawrence Co. tonight scouting Magoffin Co. If he resign why does he care about this game.
BUNDY Wrote:People need to get their facts straight. Starns was at Lawrence Co. tonight scouting Magoffin Co. If he resign why does he care about this game.
i seen him there
At the LC-MC game I went to use the restroom, I am standing at the sink and out of the corner of my eye I see Starns, my jaw dropped to the floor.
mcfan1 Wrote:At the LC-MC game I went to use the restroom, I am standing at the sink and out of the corner of my eye I see Starns, my jaw dropped to the floor.

WOW!!!! He seems like such a short man!
So this isnt true or is it a possibility
I'm very confused hah
SportsKrazee Wrote:So this isnt true or is it a possibility
I'm very confused hah

As I said earlier Starns resigned Saturday bringing his letter of resigination to JC. However, after meeting with administration he has unresigned and will finish out the year.

I was even told he got on the bus for Sat. game @ Pikeville but got off half way down the road because he was "sick". On his way back home he had his wife turne in his letter to JC officials. Don't know for sure if this is the way it happened but it came from a JC board member.
If this is the case, JC should not take him back. He is a quitter, and I for one dont want him to return after this.
Well I guess the rumor has been put to rest so it is time to close this thread.