Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OJ Mayo ref incident, ejection - Huntington vs Capital High
mrfootball03 Wrote:Uh oh.. somebody better go watch the video again..

Please remember kids, watch all the videos before you make statements.. prime example..

Go right ahead and watch it again, I know what I seen. He is standin there in the middle of that crowd mouthin with one of the players from Capital. And I do think the player from Capital should have been T'd up at that same moment.
That is bogus, I know OJ is not the golden child; but he did not do much at all there, I'm glad the judge ruled him to play.
I'm going to agree with Redneck on this one. If you look at about 1:00 into the tape as OJ was walking back towards the ruckus going on at center court, it looks as if he says something. He should have just stayed away after the first technical, but emotions do get going for anyone, especially after the young man from Capital hit him with an elbow.
Redneck Wrote:Go right ahead and watch it again, I know what I seen. He is standin there in the middle of that crowd mouthin with one of the players from Capital. And I do think the player from Capital should have been T'd up at that same moment.

Nope your at the wrong point Sir.. The mouthing you are talking about is what happened after the played elbowed OJ.. That was in between the first & second technical.. No one got technicals for the mouthing.. The first technical was thrown because OJ carried the ball after he dunked it.. That is the only thing I could see that could have been called.. OJ was walking back down the court, the guy elbows him, they start mouthing.. they seperate, and OJ walks back by, not saying a word, the guy T's him up.. WATCH THE VIDEO.. you must not understand..
OJ is out of control IMO. If he was under control of his coach his butt would have been on the bench after the 1st T. I will say that the Refs did a very poor job here, they could have defused this by sending both teams to the bench. If OJ carries this attitude to the next level he will disappoint to say the least.
BIGBLACK Wrote:I'm going to agree with Redneck on this one. If you look at about 1:00 into the tape as OJ was walking back towards the ruckus going on at center court, it looks as if he says something. He should have just stayed away after the first technical, but emotions do get going for anyone, especially after the young man from Capital hit him with an elbow.

Watch the video from WSAZ.. its a different angle, and its zoomed in.. you can see clearly.. His lips do not move.. They gave him a technical for starring.
I was going off the one posted on this site. If you can provide a link I'd love to see it at another angle.
Just give it up BIGLBACK and BeaverCreek, mrfootball knows it all, him and OJ are big buddies so noone is gonna with this arguement.
I ain't gonna argue about it no more for now, gonna play my banjo and wait for my Tigers to come on the radio.
Redneck Wrote:Just give it up BIGLBACK and BeaverCreek, mrfootball knows it all, him and OJ are big buddies so noone is gonna with this arguement.

Redneck, I cant believe that this is even debated. None of these details really matter, OJ needs to grow up. I glad he is going to USC; we will see how he survives in that world. I give him a semester before he leaves.
someone plz send me a link to the video thx
http://www.wsaz.com/schools/headlines/5404431.html

click on the link beside the red video camera, that reads, "WEB EXTRA"..

look about 36 seconds into the video.. he doesn't talk.. he just walks by them..
SFHS_basketball Wrote:someone plz send me a link to the video thx

It is at the beginning of this thread.
Redneck Wrote:Just give it up BIGLBACK and BeaverCreek, mrfootball knows it all, him and OJ are big buddies so noone is gonna with this arguement.

Theres no arguement, sir.. Just hoping to inform you.. :thumpsup:
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:It is at the beginning of this thread.

The video I posted, is another angle.. The one on WSAZ.. You can see the part we are discussing 37 seconds into that video..
The WSAZ video quality was not that great. It kept stopping and going. Like you said in the WSAZ video it looks as if he isn't saying anything, but the one on youtube.com is a facial shot during the whole incident. A tale of two worlds if you ask me. I guess the only people that really knows what happend is OJ and the guy still laying on the floor.
mrfootball03 Wrote:The video I posted, is another angle.. The one on WSAZ.. You can see the part we are discussing 37 seconds into that video..

Yes, I watched it earlier. He (OJ) should not have been within 50 feet of those other guys. His coach should have been talking with him on the sideline. The fact is he is out of control. Imagine that happening in a game here without the superstar. The player with the 1st T would have never been able to walk back through the crowd. I dont think it is important whether he spoke or not. I am not impressed by his actions.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Yes, I watched it earlier. He (OJ) should not have been within 50 feet of those other guys. His coach should have been talking with him on the sideline. The fact is he is out of control. Imagine that happening in a game here without the superstar. The player with the 1st T would have never been able to walk back through the crowd. I dont think it is important whether he spoke or not. I am not impressed by his actions.

No doubt, his actions didn't impress me either.. But I don't think he should have picked up the second T..
Either way...if it is the ref or OJ does not really matter. OJ has been in the spotlight for some time and everyone is watching him and waiting for him to do something wrong. Everyone will be on his back and watching him like a hawk. Part of being in the spotlight means that you will have more critics as well. Fans, players, and refs will all be waiting for him to mess up. This incident is no different and is really a good example. I hope OJ does well. He will have to be as careful as possible, especially after the Capital game. No matter if the ref was out of line or Mayo we need to realize that it is not going to be easy for anyone to not pass judgements. I just hope that this does not cripple the rest of the season.
fanatic7 Wrote:Either way...if it is the ref or OJ does not really matter. OJ has been in the spotlight for some time and everyone is watching him and waiting for him to do something wrong. Everyone will be on his back and watching him like a hawk. Part of being in the spotlight means that you will have more critics as well. Fans, players, and refs will all be waiting for him to mess up. This incident is no different and is really a good example. I hope OJ does well. He will have to be as careful as possible, especially after the Capital game. No matter if the ref was out of line or Mayo we need to realize that it is not going to be easy for anyone to not pass judgements. I just hope that this does not cripple the rest of the season.

nice post.. very respectable
Did you see the video this morning, OJ and the ref's feet appear to get tangled...that is why the ref falls. OJ arms are open - he didn't push him.
It looks like he did say something to me. This is my opinion from the WSAZ video.
IMO thats what some refs need especially in the 15th
this video doesnt change my perspective of him...he's still a thug, a crybaby and a punk.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:this video doesnt change my perspective of him...he's still a thug, a crybaby and a punk.

Thats what I'm talkin about! You go TidesHoss32
TidesHoss32 Wrote:this video doesnt change my perspective of him...he's still a thug, a crybaby and a punk.

You are entitled to your opinion like the rest of us, just hope you have facts to base it on. I know of nothing that would make him a thug, crybaby or punk. If you do, share it with us!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:You are entitled to your opinion like the rest of us, just hope you have facts to base it on. I know of nothing that would make him a thug, crybaby or punk. If you do, share it with us!!

I agree with you sir.. lol

I believe what I believe.. they can believe what they believe.. its cool

OJ's just a 19 yr old kid.. Hes still young..
Hes goin to the NBA.. hes going to make more money then all of us.. so who cares.. someone get his phone number.. i'd like to borrow some money.. Big Grin
your right, I am entitled to my opinion...however, watch the video, see him cry. Watch the news, where he and several others beat down a FRESHMAN..and didnt he beat a kid half to death earlier? That makes him a thug. Those are my facts... And he's just a straight up punk.
EKY Sportster Wrote:You are entitled to your opinion like the rest of us, just hope you have facts to base it on. I know of nothing that would make him a thug, crybaby or punk. If you do, share it with us!!
He's a punk... always has been... ever since his days at Rose Hill.
OJ Mayo is just another Terrell Owens! :argue::redboxer: