Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OJ Mayo ref incident, ejection - Huntington vs Capital High
I know its a dead issue but for those who haven't seen the incident here you go. And they wonder why refs get such a bad rap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
That ref done some good acting Im tellin ya.
That was a badly refed game from the beggining
Did you see the capital player elbow OJ..
Doesn't matter what happened to OJ. He should have never hit/bumped (whatever you want to call it) the ref. I haven't seen this before so I don't know if anything has been done but the governing body of WV High Schools should suspend OJ for multiple games and he is over 18 (I believe?) so the ref could press charges against him.

Now I'm all against stupid lawsuits but I believe that there is something here. Refs take a lot of **** from fans (I've dished out my fair share) and they do not EVER deserve to be pushed to the floor or be touched by a player, coach, or fan. Just because OJ is the top high school player should NOT give him the ability to do anything like this.

IMO, total BULL****!
Beef Wrote:Doesn't matter what happened to OJ. He should have never hit/bumped (whatever you want to call it) the ref. I haven't seen this before so I don't know if anything has been done but the governing body of WV High Schools should suspend OJ for multiple games and he is over 18 (I believe?) so the ref could press charges against him.

Now I'm all against stupid lawsuits but I believe that there is something here. Refs take a lot of **** from fans (I've dished out my fair share) and they do not EVER deserve to be pushed to the floor or be touched by a player, coach, or fan. Just because OJ is the top high school player should NOT give him the ability to do anything like this.

IMO, total BULL****!

Why are you cussing?.. Arn't you an administrator?..
It was bleeped out. And yes I am.
Beef Wrote:It was bleeped out. And yes I am.

Just asking.. Because I got suspended for doing it
mrfootball03 Wrote:Just asking.. Because I got suspended for doing it
Well, it depends. You shouldn't have been suspended for cussing unless those words were directed at another user. I do not know about your case specifically.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Just asking.. Because I got suspended for doing it
If a member has an issue with a prior suspension, (which are addressed on an individual basis), it should be discussed in a PM not the open forum.
If you watch the WSAZ video, where they slow it down in slow motion, it looks to me like that official was just WANTING to toss Mayo. I am a high school official, and have been for over a decade. But in my opinion, that official went about things the wrong way. Instead of trying to defuse the situation and get between the players, he kept his eye on Mayo the whole time, everywhere he walked. And the second T, Mayo is just walking through. Mouth not moving or anything. And the other 2 officials are standing right there, and they give no inclination that Mayo is doing anything wrong.

And then, the FLOP this official pulls, is one of the best acting jobs I have even seen. In the slow motion part, Mayo is walking to the official, then starts walking sideways toward his bench, when the official looks like he has been shot, such as Castro did when he fell off the stage. Just goes down in a heap. I have seen more contact in a tiddly-wink game.

And if you notice, this official's 2 partners give no effort to try and go over and help him out. They just walk away from him.

And what about the other player. In all the games I have done, it usually takes 2 to tango.

This official was wrong, after looking at the tape closely! If the other 2 didn't feel a need to warrant anything, then why should he?

Hey, maybe he is one of those officials, and I have seen a many of them, who just love being in the spotlight, like all the fans pay their money to come and see him!!!

But, this is just my opinion.
daredevil4life Wrote:If you watch the WSAZ video, where they slow it down in slow motion, it looks to me like that official was just WANTING to toss Mayo. I am a high school official, and have been for over a decade. But in my opinion, that official went about things the wrong way. Instead of trying to defuse the situation and get between the players, he kept his eye on Mayo the whole time, everywhere he walked. And the second T, Mayo is just walking through. Mouth not moving or anything. And the other 2 officials are standing right there, and they give no inclination that Mayo is doing anything wrong.

And then, the FLOP this official pulls, is one of the best acting jobs I have even seen. In the slow motion part, Mayo is walking to the official, then starts walking sideways toward his bench, when the official looks like he has been shot, such as Castro did when he fell off the stage. Just goes down in a heap. I have seen more contact in a tiddly-wink game.

And if you notice, this official's 2 partners give no effort to try and go over and help him out. They just walk away from him.

And what about the other player. In all the games I have done, it usually takes 2 to tango.

This official was wrong, after looking at the tape closely! If the other 2 didn't feel a need to warrant anything, then why should he?

Hey, maybe he is one of those officials, and I have seen a many of them, who just love being in the spotlight, like all the fans pay their money to come and see him!!!

But, this is just my opinion.

:thumpsup: Couldn't agree with you more!! Ref or Player, fair is fair and this ref wasn't fair, not by a longshot!
daredevil4life Wrote:If you watch the WSAZ video, where they slow it down in slow motion, it looks to me like that official was just WANTING to toss Mayo. I am a high school official

Isn't it a rule that when a player gets two technical fouls they automatically get ejected. If so then the "flop" has nothin to do with him gettin tossed, he would have already been ejected after the second technical foul.
I believe you are correct, Redneck
If I am correct, then why is everyone complainin about all this referee crap.
Who knows.
It is clear in the video that he deserved both T's. I could care less about the deal with the referee cause I don't think he bumbed him hard enough to even knock him an inch, let alone knock him down. I agree with the many who said he shouldn't have even walked up to the referee, but that was a good actin job by the ref.

Isn't it a rule that if a player gets ejected from a game they get an auto suspension for a couple games.
Redneck Wrote:It is clear in the video that he deserved both T's. I could care less about the deal with the referee cause I don't think he bumbed him hard enough to even knock him an inch, let alone knock him down. I agree with the many who said he shouldn't have even walked up to the referee, but that was a good actin job by the ref.

Isn't it a rule that if a player gets ejected from a game they get an auto suspension for a couple games.

What did he do to get the 2nd one or even the first one. Capotal players were doing the same thing and didnt get any heck they even shoved OJ right in front of th eref and they wasnt called for a T.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:What did he do to get the 2nd one or even the first one. Capotal players were doing the same thing and didnt get any heck they even shoved OJ right in front of th eref and they wasnt called for a T.

Hmmm, lets see here Batpuff. Go back and watch the video again and watch what he does after the dunk. He gets the ball out of the net and walks with it to the free throw line starin the Capital players down. That is called TAUNTING which results in a TECHNICAL FOUL. The second technical was called when he was in the middle of the crowd and it looked as if he said somethin I guess he shouldn't have said. First off when the Capital player said somethin to him as he was walkin across halfcourt he shouldn't have even turned around and walked back towards em runnin his mouth. Second, he should have walked to the bench after the refs and the players all crowded in instead of walkin back into the crowd. He must have said somethin to get the second T because none of his players acted like it was a big shock that he got it.
Batpuff Wrote:What did he do to get the 2nd one or even the first one. Capotal players were doing the same thing and didnt get any heck they even shoved OJ right in front of th eref and they wasnt called for a T.

Correct Sir.. The same **** went on & on all night..
Beef Wrote:Doesn't matter what happened to OJ. He should have never hit/bumped (whatever you want to call it) the ref. I haven't seen this before so I don't know if anything has been done but the governing body of WV High Schools should suspend OJ for multiple games and he is over 18 (I believe?) so the ref could press charges against him.

IMO, total BULL****!

He didn't hit/bump the ref, he BRUSHED him, IF THAT
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:He didn't hit/bump the ref, he BRUSHED him, IF THAT

Regaurdless he had no business confrontin the referee.
Redneck Wrote:Regaurdless he had no business confrontin the referee.

Does the Capital player have any business to elbow OJ?.. Shouldn't that have been a T?.. Hmm.. make you wonderConfusedhh:
mrfootball03 Wrote:Does the Capital player have any business to elbow OJ?.. Shouldn't that have been a T?.. Hmm.. make you wonderConfusedhh:

I have never seen an elbow called a technical foul unless it was clearly intended to hurt another player. I didn't see any elbows in that video, so IDK what you're talkin about.
Redneck Wrote:I have never seen an elbow called a technical foul unless it was clearly intended to hurt another player. I didn't see any elbows in that video, so IDK what you're talkin about.

Exactly 39 seconds into the video above.. you know where they show you in the video & spotlight the big circle of the capital player pushing OJ with his elbow..

Imagine that.. ya didn't see it Go check it out, k? :Thumbs:
I hadn't seen that video with that camera view. But I see that kind of love tap every game I watch and never see anyone get T'd up for it.
Redneck Wrote:I hadn't seen that video with that camera view. But I see that kind of love tap every game I watch and never see anyone get T'd up for it.

lol.. then how does OJ get T'd up for walking, & putting his shirt in his pants.. not even talking?
mrfootball03 Wrote:lol.. then how does OJ get T'd up for walking, & putting his shirt in his pants.. not even talking?

He got T'd up when he was walkin through the crowd of players runnin his mouth.
OMG he didnt push him he threw his arms up asking what was up with the call and the ref just fell.
Redneck Wrote:He got T'd up when he was walkin through the crowd of players runnin his mouth.

Uh oh.. somebody better go watch the video again..

Please remember kids, watch all the videos before you make statements.. prime example..