Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 56 Shelby Valley 48
I don't know why people are so surprised about the outcome of this game though.

Hazard is now 10-3, with wins over Madison Central, Lafayette, and many other quality wins. They start 3-4 seniors, and the game was on a court they've had tons of big game experience on.
Congrats to the Bulldogs and the Wildcats! Good game. I finally have had the opportunity to watch Hazard and SV play now. I thought both teams had good effort but they both were sloppy at times. I was impressed with both teams determination. Neither ever quit and they hustled the entire game. I was impressed with SV's quickness and TEAM WORK!! That will win you a lot of games. Both of these teams are definately top competitors for their Region's title.

Now to the SV posters who got on here and hyped SV into an NBA calibre team (and you know who you are), hopefully you got a good dose of REALITY tonight now that SV has finally played a very good team for the first time. This should put your team (which is very good and could even beat Hazard on another night) in perspective. I won't say that I told you so, but this game proves my point that SV is a top contender and nothing more. They aren't unbeatable, they aren't in the top 25 in the state, and they aren't guaranteed to win the 15th Region (but they should be right in the thick of it).

Good game to both teams, and I expect both to do well in the Regional tourneys. Hazard, JBS and Breathitt in the 14th, and SV, Paintsville, Belfry, Allen Central and Pikeville in the 15th.

Good luck Hazard the rest of the way. Will look forward to the game with JBS.
Valley's inexperience showed, and there were some questionable coaching in the second half. Hazard deserved the W, but kudos to Valley for hanign with a more experienced team, and shutting down Hicks for most of the game.

Congrats to Hazard.

With this "good" loss (or as close to a good losse u cn have haha), maybe the Valley hateful will give them some credit for the team they really are, and maybe the Valley faithful will bring it down a notch.
im not starting anything so settle down lol, good win for hazard over a "good" valley team.
wow
[QUOTE=bluefever4life]Congrats hazard....Jacob Bryant had a good night...bad officiating both ways more toward valley in the end......QUOTE]
It's amazing that people are wanting to write Shelby Valley off now after a loss to a very good Hazard team when they led most of the game and weren't out of it until the 13 second mark of the game.
Well the way I see it, Some people was acting like they was the best teams in the mountains and was gonna kill Hazard
yeah that is true
RivalsKing Wrote:Well the way I see it, Some people was acting like they was the best teams in the mountains and was gonna kill Hazard

No they didn't. Or at least I haven't found one post from a SV fan that said they were going to kill Hazard.
fusion Wrote:maybe the Valley faithful will bring it down a notch.

:thumpsup: Let's hope so! They have a great team, and the unjustified hype by some of their posters only makes ppl resent them. I wish nothing but the best for the SV team, but geez, some of the posters on here have been really unrealistic and obnoxious.
I mean I know its just one loss and it could be different if they played again but when ppl sit there and say SV is the best and Hazard dont have a chance then dont be shocked if u see people talking about it
EKY Sportster Wrote:some of the posters on here have been really unrealistic and obnoxious.

I can think of one Paintsville fan right now that is the same way.
RivalsKing Wrote:I mean I know its just one loss and it could be different if they played again but when ppl sit there and say SV is the best and Hazard dont have a chance then dont be shocked if u see people talking about it

Who said that? Please go find it and let me know who said Hazard had no chance. They were voted to win 32-30 on the voting thread. I don't see where you're getting this from.
alfus21 Wrote:It's amazing that people are wanting to write Shelby Valley off now after a loss to a very good Hazard team when they led most of the game and weren't out of it until the 13 second mark of the game.

No-one is writing them off. Everyone has just been waiting for it to happen so they could nagg on the SV faithfuls alittle. Everyone knows SV has a good team. But, with all the talk about the BIG blowouts they were handing the weak teams early in the season and how awesome they were. You and everyone else should have known it was coming. This will more than likely be the highest posting thread for the next few days.
alfus21 Wrote:It's amazing that people are wanting to write Shelby Valley off now after a loss to a very good Hazard team when they led most of the game and weren't out of it until the 13 second mark of the game.

Who wants to write them off??

They are a very good team and should be one of the top contenders for the Region.
RivalsKing Wrote:Well the way I see it, Some people was acting like they was the best teams in the mountains and was gonna kill Hazard

Quit being a hatter....if you hate valley so bad why post.....Just a question?....yeah hazard won big deal...but it could of went either way...hazard won in the last three minutes...both teams had heart and determination so the way i see it no one really lost...this will help valley in the long run...its not like they would of went all season without a loss anyways...come on we all know thats kind of hard....Valley has played some hard competetion...but this was a bit of a test...there young!!!!....
Cangrats Hazard, not suprised. I think SV is a really good team and both will contend for regional titles. This is the kind of loss you can learn from.
alfus21 Wrote:I can think of one Paintsville fan right now that is the same way.

And who is this? please let me know
bluefever4life Wrote:Quit being a hatter....if you hate valley so bad why post.....Just a question?....yeah hazard won big deal...but it could of went either way...hazard won in the last three minutes...both teams had heart and determination so the way i see it no one really lost...this will help valley in the long run...its not like they would of went all season without a loss anyways...come on we all know thats kind of hard....Valley has played some hard competetion...but this was a bit of a test...there young!!!!....

RK posts on EVERY thread, so yeah,he pretty much has to post. He may not always know a single thing about what's being discussed, but he'll be posting away at it.:Thumbs:
bluefever4life Wrote:Quit being a hatter....if you hate valley so bad why post.....Just a question?....yeah hazard won big deal...but it could of went either way...hazard won in the last three minutes...both teams had heart and determination so the way i see it no one really lost...this will help valley in the long run...its not like they would of went all season without a loss anyways...come on we all know thats kind of hard....Valley has played some hard competetion...but this was a bit of a test...there young!!!!....
You was the one who said the Refs calling a bad game and calling more against Valley, Im not coming up with excuses why SV lost but YOU are, So I dont really care
alfus21 Wrote:Who said that? Please go find it and let me know who said Hazard had no chance. They were voted to win 32-30 on the voting thread. I don't see where you're getting this from.
I got that from them 2 people that was saying I was wrong from the thread 14th and 15th region
Nice win for Hazard. Watched this via the net. Two good teams!!
Congrats to Hazard on a big win!!!!
Congrats to Hazard....a little surprised by the final, but sometimes a loss for a team helps better than going undefeated and thinkin' you just put a jersey on and win. Valley will bounce back and be in the hunt come March for a region crown.
EKY Sportster Wrote::thumpsup: Let's hope so! They have a great team, and the unjustified hype by some of their posters only makes ppl resent them. I wish nothing but the best for the SV team, but geez, some of the posters on here have been really unrealistic and obnoxious.

nice to know other ppl has seen the hype of shelby valley. hazard is a good team, but i still think theres more competition in the future for them.
RivalsKing Wrote:You was the one who said the Refs calling a bad game and calling more against Valley, Im not coming up with excuses why SV lost but YOU are, So I dont really care

I said the refs called bad both ways BUT MORE toward Valley in the END. That's not making excuses. Why keep arguing about who lost? We should congratulate Hazard on a big win.
wow it was a really good game i thought both teams did a good job valley did a good job in shuting down hicks(thats a hard thing to do so i will give you all some credit) but the rest of the hazard players step up and played good. i thought valley was in it untill campbell got that block with about 15 secs. i think that just broke valley but hazard really came threw on its free throws. but good luck to both teams in the rest of the season.
I'm sure valley had heart, i know hazard did.
here are some of the mistakes valley made:
1.) Over-confidence and the fact that they were 14th in state and ppl made a big deal about it.
2.) Too many turn overs and missed chances.
3.) Forgot the fact that hicks isnt the only one on the team who scores the points.
4.) Defense basically gave up in the 4th quarter.
5.) Gave up a 17 point lead in the first quarter.
Hazard's problem was the same as valley, they had too many turn overs and too many missed chances. Hazard in the end got more out of the game because they exploded in the 4th. Dont blame it on the refs, coz there were bad calls on both sides, i mean good god, 37 combined fouls in the game.
Valeey played good D on Hicks, and basically shut his game down, but he still found ways to bother them, that's how gr8 of a player he is. Good D frm both teams. Best of luck to both teams for the season.

Lets go Hazard....... Lets get JBS now
Nice win for Hazard, SV has a nice team.......GO DAWGS