Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Buchanon 57 Letcher Co Central 50
Thats right. It was in the Lexington Herald.
Then it must be true, cause the news paper does not lie, is that why the ref. called a timeout during the game so he could rest for a second, then coach justice had to yell and get the JBS coach to call a timeout, he seemed perfectly fine to me.
He had stomach flu and he played the game anyway, wether you believe it or not. He only had 3 points in the first half. He scored 18 in the last half, but once he bent over like he was going to throw up. Be lieve me, they were ready to play with out him. They did not know he was going to play untill game time.
Rather or not he was or wasn't going to play, He did. And JBS Won. But we will see what happens round 2. I cant wait.
Next time maybe JBS will be 100%. and we will keep an eye on the score board.
Congrats JBS
I'll take LCC in the next game. Stepp would play no matter what, got to get those points. He is pretty good for a 19 year old JR.
He's got guts. and let him get 18 first. And take 'em,[LCC] I don't like to make predictions. Makes you look stupid sometimes. JBS has got several more games to play before we play LCC again. And if Stepp hadn't played we still would have give you a good game. THE END
3 points Wrote:and what BIG hollar do you come from?:ape:
I love it someone from Pippa Passes asking me what
hollar I come from. I used the SSS comparison to avoid using the Small man syndrome. I don't understand the cry for attention
YOU WON!!!!! And I am sure if Clark could fly he would be superman.
I agree that JBS is one of the top 3 teams in the tough 14th Region this season, but I have watched them twice now and to be honest they are no where close to being as good as last year right now. Also why does Clark Stepp seem to get away with things that no other player in the region does? I mean he carries the ball almost everytime he goes to the bucket and uses his shoulder to cause contact and then fades away and gets the calls.WYMT TV in Hazard had him the # 1 player in the 14th over Hicks from Hazard on their Pre Season show the other day, don't get me wrong Stepp is a great player, but until he proves he can lead JBS to Rupp like Hicks did last year then Hicks is still the better player. I know why WYMT had him # 1 though it's because Daddy Joe spends a lot of ALC's advertising $$$$$ on YMT.The same people didn't have Zach Hurt from Cordia in the top 10, and so far this season he has put up 30 and 28 so that shows what they know since Milam left the sports dept. there,those guys aren't even from SE KY anyway what a joke. Come on 14th Region Refs quit babying Stepp
Official Legend14th Wrote:I agree that JBS is one of the top 3 teams in the tough 14th Region this season, but I have watched them twice now and to be honest they are no where close to being as good as last year right now. Also why does Clark Stepp seem to get away with things that no other player in the region does? I mean he carries the ball almost everytime he goes to the bucket and uses his shoulder to cause contact and then fades away and gets the calls.WYMT TV in Hazard had him the # 1 player in the 14th over Hicks from Hazard on their Pre Season show the other day, don't get me wrong Stepp is a great player, but until he proves he can lead JBS to Rupp like Hicks did last year then Hicks is still the better player. I know why WYMT had him # 1 though it's because Daddy Joe spends a lot of ALC's advertising $$$$$ on YMT.The same people didn't have Zach Hurt from Cordia in the top 10, and so far this season he has put up 30 and 28 so that shows what they know since Milam left the sports dept. there,those guys aren't even from SE KY anyway what a joke. Come on 14th Region Refs quit babying Stepp
WOW another truthseeker, what is this region coming to. Hicks is the best in the region. Cox is the best player on JBS. Stepp is a top ten palyer in the region and next year could be top two or three IMO
JOBAKKA Wrote:WOW another truthseeker, what is this region coming to. Hicks is the best in the region. Cox is the best player on JBS. Stepp is a top ten palyer in the region and next year could be top two or three IMO

I agree totally and I'm not trying to be a Clark Stepp basher, but he does get by with more than any other player in the region. Cox is the key to JBS no doubt about that.
I try to keep up with JBS as they are another small school in the region, but sometimes I have found that their fans refuse to win gracefully and it almost becomes a turn off. While I think Stepp is a great player, and Cox an even better one, certain JBS fans make me almost want to cheer against them.

I don't see what the controversy is here, JBS won. What may or may not happen if / when LCC and JBS play again is almost a moot point because no one knows. Stepp could break his leg or the roof could collapse or the entire LCC could suffer from the bird flu ... I mean honestly, it truly is silly to say... we won, and we'll win by more if/when we play again. :Angry07: Why make excuses when you win????? Does that mean you don't think you should have won? Accept your victory and move on. JBS is a great team. LCC is also a good team. LCC has more to prove this year because preseason predictions had them ranked below where they are playing at currently.

Congrats to JBS; and good luck to both teams.
I cant wait until JBS plays somebody.

Im looking foward to the 5th/3rd
Official Legend14th Wrote:I agree that JBS is one of the top 3 teams in the tough 14th Region this season, but I have watched them twice now and to be honest they are no where close to being as good as last year right now. Also why does Clark Stepp seem to get away with things that no other player in the region does? I mean he carries the ball almost everytime he goes to the bucket and uses his shoulder to cause contact and then fades away and gets the calls.WYMT TV in Hazard had him the # 1 player in the 14th over Hicks from Hazard on their Pre Season show the other day, don't get me wrong Stepp is a great player, but until he proves he can lead JBS to Rupp like Hicks did last year then Hicks is still the better player. I know why WYMT had him # 1 though it's because Daddy Joe spends a lot of ALC's advertising $$$$$ on YMT.The same people didn't have Zach Hurt from Cordia in the top 10, and so far this season he has put up 30 and 28 so that shows what they know since Milam left the sports dept. there,those guys aren't even from SE KY anyway what a joke. Come on 14th Region Refs quit babying Stepp

14th Region Tough? lol HAHA

Weakest Region in the STATE.

That has to also be the dumbest post Ive read.
Just enjoy your 7 point win over a team. Remember that the next time you play them it will be at LCC. That means all the home court breaks you get playing at JB will be in the other teams favor.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.

Well said. I would have to agee with why wymt had him number one. I think that is the only poll this preseason that had put him number one. It's pretty easy to figure out. Shame on wymt. Not fair to the Hicks kid either.
kccfan Wrote:Well said. I would have to agee with why wymt had him number one. I think that is the only poll this preseason that had put him number one. It's pretty easy to figure out. Shame on wymt. Not fair to the Hicks kid either.

ttt
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Just enjoy your 7 point win over a team. Remember that the next time you play them it will be at LCC. That means all the home court breaks you get playing at JB will be in the other teams favor.
Don't you worry, I will enjoy the win. I also enjoyed the win over Magoffin.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Just enjoy your 7 point win over a team. Remember that the next time you play them it will be at LCC. That means all the home court breaks you get playing at JB will be in the other teams favor.
The Lcc Crowd will be even wilder at home as well...Trust me. But anyways, just figured I would throw that in there. But it does make a difference. It's All part of home court advantage.
So ? It didn't help against Cumberland
3 points Wrote:So ? It didn't help against Cumberland

No one even attended that game, and who said anything about cumberland? I'm talking about a game that lcchs is going to be pumped for and there crowd will be there.
congrats to JBS
Keep it up 3 Point. 3 point, must be your average.
:thatsfunn

According to WYMT, Clark Stepp was voted number one by the coaches.

Also, Brian Milam is not from SEKY. One of the two new guys are.

You can bash WYMT all you want, but how many other TV stations even give a darn about high school basketball.

WYMT puts a lot of time and effort in to their product.
No Fullcount, on the night of Hazard's roundball preview, WYMT said Hicks was voted 1 by the coaches. I am not here to argue, just stating the fact because I watched the clips along with the interviews of the new coach and a couple of Hazard's players.
I don't have a horse in this race between you and legend and I am not here to bash anyone but I do recall the news broadcast vividly.
congrats JB
congrats good win
gamewatch Wrote:No Fullcount, on the night of Hazard's roundball preview, WYMT said Hicks was voted 1 by the coaches. I am not here to argue, just stating the fact because I watched the clips along with the interviews of the new coach and a couple of Hazard's players.
I don't have a horse in this race between you and legend and I am not here to bash anyone but I do recall the news broadcast vividly.

Hicks was voted number 1 in the Cats Pause rankings by the coaches.

Stepp was voted number 1 on the survey the WYMT sent out to the coaches.