Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Best Dunkers in 15th
NYY10 Wrote:yea really and I cant wait to see Shelby Valley dominate ur lil backcats again this year

I cant wait to see shelby valley dominate your lil blackcats this year....hahahahaha shut up!!!:redboxer:
Shimko from SCHS
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did a few people not say that Trai Whitt could dunk it easily? Well, he needs to make some jump shots and layups first before he thinks of dunking it, cause he didn't look good in the Shelby Valley game.
Only kid I've heard of so far dunking in a game is the Ferguson boy from Paintsville. Did so in their first scrimmage of the year I believe.
IRISH4 Wrote:Only kid I've heard of so far dunking in a game is the Ferguson boy from Paintsville. Did so in their first scrimmage of the year I believe.
Yes he did i seen it with my own eyes
It was one handed and looked pretty good
Who puts a stupid post like this on here, Dunking a Basketball is way to overrated. Big deal who can dunk it.
I know but its so much fun to watch and see one.
Not really you see them everyday in College and the PROS.
I know but their the best of the best. Kids in highschool dunking in games is just amazing to see, IMO.
Since you like watching high school kids dunk so much then go to Bristol, TN @ Tennesse High School, gym called Viking Hall, and watch the Arby's Classic. I think it starts the day after Christmas. Some of the best players will be there playing. Brandan Wright from UNC played in it last year, and I got to see him play. He's a really good player.
I know that, those kids can tear it down. But this is Eastern Kentucky, how many actual DUNKS do you see. As in a man posting, drop-step dunking the ball.
compare kyle goodsons height with ashley hatfields.....hatfield being 6'2 or 6'3 and goodson being 5'10 1/2 5'11....and goodson is jumping for the ball for valley....goodson is by far one of the top dunkers this year in the 15th region
In my opinion, we need to be congradulating kids that can put the ball in the hole with either hand then kids that can manage to dunk one. Nobody in this region is gonna go down and absolutely slam the crap out of it. I dont know if anyone got to watch O.J. Mayo and company the other day...that is dunking. Nobody in Eastern KY can do that so it doesn't really matter. Everyone makes a big deal over the kids that can manage to stretch over the rim and dunk one but it's amazing how many high school kids still can't even make a layup with their off hand.
Coach Wrote:In my opinion, we need to be congradulating kids that can put the ball in the hole with either hand then kids that can manage to dunk one. Nobody in this region is gonna go down and absolutely slam the crap out of it. I dont know if anyone got to watch O.J. Mayo and company the other day...that is dunking. Nobody in Eastern KY can do that so it doesn't really matter. Everyone makes a big deal over the kids that can manage to stretch over the rim and dunk one but it's amazing how many high school kids still can't even make a layup with their off hand.

There is so much truth in this post. This is a great post but when you have alot of high school kids on this site talking about themselves, then you shouldn't expect much more.
Unbiased Wrote:There is so much truth in this post. This is a great post but when you have alot of high school kids on this site talking about themselves, then you shouldn't expect much more.

I agree with both posts. Kids have gotten away from the fundementals of the game and are much more about show. A couple of good movies for kids to watch would be "Hoosiers" or "The Pistol" about Pistol Pete Maravich. This shows what hard work is all about. Kids today don't really put in the time to be as successful as they used to with the invention of video games. Hard work and sticking to the basics will do more for a player and team, as compared to who can dunk a basketball.
BIGBLACK Wrote:I agree with both posts. Kids have gotten away from the fundementals of the game and are much more about show. A couple of good movies for kids to watch would be "Hoosiers" or "The Pistol" about Pistol Pete Maravich. This shows what hard work is all about. Kids today don't really put in the time to be as successful as they used to with the invention of video games. Hard work and sticking to the basics will do more for a player and team, as compared to who can dunk a basketball.

So true.:Thumbs:
Hatfield. overrated. anyone can beat up some jr.high kids when they are about 16 in the 8th grade doubt if he'll be doing it this year without someone from the 15th sending the ball into about the 5th row in the stands. I would pick Devan Adams to do it.

Anyway dunks are really overrated everyone is worried about throwin it down how about making some jumpshots and landing the layups
I think Ashley will make a rather nice player in a year or so. He needs to get used to high school ball and get a little more aggressive. He has a good game now for a freshman, but the game I seen this year, he needs to look a little more to scoring.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Ashley is an excellent player, and not even close to 16 in the 8th grade. He is a holdback, but not an extremely old holdback. He is a freshman, and not 16 yet. I don't think he is overrated. I hear some good things said about him, but not many people claiim he is the best in the state or anything. As a freshman, he will contribute a lot to the team and in the future, he will definitely be one of the leaders on a talented ballteam. I don't understand why people always want to throw off on kids on here. What have you seen from him to say he is overrated? I do agree, however, with BasketballOnlyfan that he does need to be more aggressive and look to score more.
Hatfield has been talked about for three years best player to come out of middle school in ten years. he is good in middle school. well really he was the real deal but he needs to get in there and start taking some ground under the basket he will be a major threat in years to come, just not quite yet
lucas herrell from east ridge can throw down is what a friend of my family was telling me. He went to warrior night and seen it. IDK the truth in this statement though.
I think Lucas can throw down pretty good. Unless someone leaves the door open then he might get blown out of the gym. I dont think he will get any dunks this year because he will be getting knocked around to much.
You mean to tell me this thread is still open.
I hate these types of threads. I mean how many dunks will there actually be in the 15th this year. If there is 5 I will be more than surprised. If anyone has a chance to dunk it will be Jamie McCarty, and I really dont see anyone else really dunking it in a game.
15thRegionX Wrote:I hate these types of threads. I mean how many dunks will there actually be in the 15th this year. If there is 5 I will be more than surprised. If anyone has a chance to dunk it will be Jamie McCarty, and I really dont see anyone else really dunking it in a game.

Well I don't like these threads either but trust me, Jamie McCarty isn't the only player in this region that will be dunking this year.
15thRegionX Wrote:I hate these types of threads. I mean how many dunks will there actually be in the 15th this year. If there is 5 I will be more than surprised. If anyone has a chance to dunk it will be Jamie McCarty, and I really dont see anyone else really dunking it in a game.

Van Ferguson, from Paintsville, had a dunk against Bath and also had a dunk in Lexington. So you are almost half way to surprised and we just started the season. LOL!:howdy:
imo there are only two dunkers in the 15th.....jamie mccarty and devon adams i havent seen anyone else dunk in a game n dont think anyone else will try to throw it down.....not many dunkers in this region.
golden_eagle_fan Wrote:imo there are only two dunkers in the 15th.....jamie mccarty and devon adams i havent seen anyone else dunk in a game n dont think anyone else will try to throw it down.....not many dunkers in this region.

Can you not read golden_eagle, Ferguson dunked in Lexington this past weekend and at the Fast Lane Tip-Off Classic against Bath County.
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:I think Lucas can throw down pretty good. Unless someone leaves the door open then he might get blown out of the gym. I dont think he will get any dunks this year because he will be getting knocked around to much.

ill agree with that...
Redneck Wrote:Can you not read golden_eagle, Ferguson dunked in Lexington this past weekend and at the Fast Lane Tip-Off Classic against Bath County.

Actually it was Portsmouth Clay at The Tip Off Classic and Bath Co. at Paintsville in a PreSeason game a few days prior. I saw those 2 but I was told he had one in Lexington. I didn't see that one. The one at PHS he received thew ball on a side out and took one dribble and threw it down. The one at SC was a break away. Van will have more than 5 himself!