Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach of the Year?
Any thoughts on coach of the year for the state?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Matney at JCHS, has to be any favorite for what he's done for the Eagles program. Several would be deserving but being undefeated, in the final four and not many picked them, I say Matney.
yes i haave to go with matney to he has done an amazing job this year at jc and he is knocking on the door to the state title.
Matney - JC
Matney from JCHS or ethier Jager I think from Mercer Co.
Matney has turned this program around completley,
he's done alot to get these boys where they're at now
I'd say Matney definately.Anybody should be able to take a 5A school and succeed in 2A football.Just my opinion.No disrespect, just the way I see it. Go PiratesTongueirateSho
Mercer County's coach/Belfry's coach/Russell's coach...........all are deserving and no one is any more deserving than than anyone else IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Mercer County's coach/Belfry's coach/Russell's coach...........all are deserving and no one is any more deserving than than anyone else IMO.

:Thumbs: :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Matney
Haywood-Belfry
He has took the to the State Semi Finals 4 years in a row and only lost 2 games this year.
McGLONE TOOK HIS TEAM TO THE FINALS 2 YEARS IN A ROW AND HAS ONLY LOST 2 IN 2 YEARS............
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
With a homer pick, I would say Jay Cobb from Somerset. The Jumpers started 0-4 and Coach Cobb has done a tremendous job making this year one to remember in Somerset. But I believe however, that Jaggers from Mercer County will get it because he has also done a great job with the consolidation and a state title would seriously help his cause!...
Pupaw Wrote:Matney at JCHS, has to be any favorite for what he's done for the Eagles program. Several would be deserving but being undefeated, in the final four and not many picked them, I say Matney.

:Thumbs:
Devilologist Wrote:McGLONE TOOK HIS TEAM TO THE FINALS 2 YEARS IN A ROW AND HAS ONLY LOST 2 IN 2 YEARS............
McGlone for sure.:devilflam
Mcglone for sure, but I would have to also say Matney at JC for he did with his ball club this year.
Just saw this thread and although I am biased and a JCHS fan, I vote for Jim Matney. I have followed JCHS football for many years and I repect every coach and player who has played there, but our program had gotten to the point we were the automatic win and alot of Class A schools were pushing us around. Matney did not come into a great situation. In three years he has built a program that is as good as any in the state and has done it with class. If Coach Matney can keep the progress going, and I think he can, JCHS will be contending for a state title regardless of the class we are in! I am looking forward also to our new field and complex for next year. My vote is for Jim Matney!
matney should get it
McGlone for the dedication to high school sports while keeping true to his lovely wife Gloria.....He has three jobs to do... teach,coach,caregiver..... To be the man you must first be a man... McGlone is it !!!!!!!!!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
JC Cheer Fan Wrote:If Coach Matney can keep the progress going, and I think he can, JCHS will be contending for a state title regardless of the class we are in! I am looking forward also to our new field and complex for next yearMatney!

JC is getting a new complex? Are they getting something along the line's of Pikeville/Belfry/Letcher Central/Shelby Valley?
I hear they will be getting a in-door practice facility as well
i'll say Jim Matney...or Shawn Hager
Jim Matney
matney
Matney
Ivan McGlone and Matney
I really like what Matney is doing at JCHS. Also Haywood is a well respected coach. There are several coaches around the state that are very good at thier job, but to do what Matney has done in the last three years, that is amazing, I vote Matney.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Bath County's coach took them from 1-9 last year to 7-4 this year and a playoff berth. Matney is also a really good coach at JCHS.
Matney all the way
matney with the perfect regular season record..
SREDNUAS NIVEK un scramble it to find my pick
kysportsguru Wrote:SREDNUAS NIVEK un scramble it to find my pick

Nope, far from it... Sorry bub, Saunders proably isn't even on the list for consideration for coach of the year, i'll give Saunders a few prop's for getting the kids out to play ball and having a decent season for his first year of coaching at Valley