Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region vs. 16th Region.
Well why wasnt this thread called Russell vs. The 15th region
Maybe if they go back to state they will score 30 points...Good luck on that one!!!
They looked to be the worst team in the sweet 16, Size doesnt matter if you dont know how to use it
watchin-u Wrote:Well why wasnt this thread called Russell vs. The 15th region
Maybe if they go back to state they will score 30 points...Good luck on that one!!!
They looked to be the worst team in the sweet 16, Size doesnt matter if you dont know how to use it
They lost to a good graves county who beat a real good south laurel team so good luck with that one.:ChairHit:
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:They lost to a good graves county who beat a real good south laurel team so good luck with that one.:ChairHit:

What does that have to do with, Graves County didnt have a shot at the State Championship and they still didnt score 30
watchin-u Wrote:What does that have to do with, Graves County didnt have a shot at the State Championship and they still didnt score 30
The point is Russell was not as bad of team as you made them sound last year. With with some additions to the team this year they will be a force to be reckoned with. I do believe when graves county beat south laurel they was rated in the top 10. So in other words don't knock on russell for only scoring 27 points I dont remember the 15th winning in the first round either last year.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:The point is Russell was not as bad of team as you made them sound last year. With with some additions to the team this year they will be a force to be reckoned with. I do believe when graves county beat south laurel they was rated in the top 10. So in other words don't knock on russell for only scoring 27 points I dont remember the 15th winning in the first round either last year.

No the 15th didnt win but they did happen to score 49 points againts the STATE CAMPS. Which beat Graves County by 11, and Graves beat Russell by 11 and south larel by 1, so i think Russell was the worst team in the tournement and until they stop having the big head there not going to beat South Laurel
watchin-u Wrote:No the 15th didnt win but they did happen to score 49 points againts the STATE CAMPS. Which beat Graves County by 11, and Graves beat Russell by 11 and south larel by 1, so i think Russell was the worst team in the tournement and until they stop having the big head there not going to beat South Laurel

We will see come saturday how much you know.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Whatever dude you dont know nothing.

Just alot of stats and they are correct and here's another one Russell had the worst record in the state tournement.....
NO-COMMENT i guess (i dont know anything, is the correct form....lol)
Now your'e just making Russell look bad.
watchin-u Wrote:Just alot of stats and they are correct and here's another one Russell had the worst record in the state tournement.....
NO-COMMENT i guess (i dont know anything, is the correct form....lol)
Now your'e just making Russell look bad.

I'm not making Russell look bad your just making yourself look like a fool.When Russell plays South laurel close and possibly wins your going to catch alot of heat.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I'm not making Russell look bad your just making yourself look like a fool.When Russell plays South laurel close and possibly wins your going to catch alot of heat.

NO not plays them close...beats them
watchin-u Wrote:NO not plays them close...beats them

No play them close or beat them since a couple people seem to think South Laurel will win by 20+. I'm sure they will catch heat also.
I didnt say anything about 20+ anyone can hang around but can they win
What does any of that have to do with this year? Stats & records from last year make no sense in a thread like this! Personally, I don't know much about the 15th region. I'm a simple transplant from Indiana that loves the game of basketball. I feel that the 16th region with Russell, Elliott, & Ashland will be a pretty good region. They will also have teams like Greenup, Raceland, Rose Hill, Morgan, & Rowan that will keep things interesting. So, tell me about the 15th so I can become more informed. I think that's the point of this particular thread.
RedDevilStXIUFan Wrote:What does any of that have to do with this year? Stats & records from last year make no sense in a thread like this! Personally, I don't know much about the 15th region. I'm a simple transplant from Indiana that loves the game of basketball. I feel that the 16th region with Russell, Elliott, & Ashland will be a pretty good region. They will also have teams like Greenup, Raceland, Rose Hill, Morgan, & Rowan that will keep things interesting. So, tell me about the 15th so I can become more informed. I think that's the point of this particular thread.
I know that Johnson Central won the 15th region last year and them and paintsville are likely the front runners for that region. We could match up with Johnson Central in the finals of the 5/3rd if we both made it that far. We will face Louisville Central first then a real good Mason County team will await the winner so it will be a tough road.
Mason usually fields a pretty good team. I know that they won state a few years ago with the kid that went to UT. Saw them last year they look strong. Who else is in the 15th? Belfry, Presontonsburg, JC & Paintsville, LC, Letcher co, who else?
I hear Shelby Valley may also be in the hunt for a 15th region title.
I think the main teams are Pike County Central, Betsy Lane,Pikeville, Johnson Central,Prestonsburg,Belfry,Paintsville,Shelby Valley. Those are the teams that Normally make it to the region tourney.
From the looks of the region tourney last year Belfry,Shelby Valley,Betsy Lane,Paintsville,Johnson Central,Pikeville were all close last year and could have beat each other on any given night.
tak paintsville or JC out of the 15th and put them in the 16th.......they would be just an average team, the 16th hands down!
No doubt that the 16th is better this year. This thread is about the 15th vs. the 16th not Russell and the 15th. So what I am saying is that IF every team in the 15th played every team in the 16th, I think the 16th would have a far better record.

However, as for the top teams in each Region, the 16th has the most that are what I would call "very good" teams. Paintsville and Johnson Central could hold there own in the 16th against the better teams. But I don't know to what extent anyone will hold Russell down though. But Russell is beatable and they are a far cry from winning the 16th Region (even though they should), winning the SL game, or winning at State (if they make it). So we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.
BTW, where are all the other 16th Region supporters??? It seems that we are only hearing from the Russell fans!
Russell got murder by South Laurel so I will not make any comments about how good they are. Sounds like Russell is being over-hyped. Good team who will probably win the 16th but they sound a little "exaaaaaaageeerrrated".
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Have you even seen Russells roster this year they don't have but 3 guys on the team under 6 foot how many other teams can say that they have that kind of size in the 15th?

Paintsville has only 3 players below 6' on their roster. They don't have great height by any means, but have several that can play very well. But Paintsville isn't close to being the biggest team in the 15th.
The 16th is much better, from top to bottom
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:We should know alittle more about Russell when they tangle with South Laurel in rupp on Saturday.

Well. Do you "know" more about Russell after Saturday? :popcorn: Or was it the REFS? Rolleyes
OffTheHook Wrote:Well. Do you "know" more about Russell after Saturday? :popcorn: Or was it the REFS? Rolleyes
If you will look in the south laurel vs russell thread I called it as I seen it. They got whipped they didn't have noone to content with the 6'9" guy and if you're going to beat a team with that kind of height you had better be shooting well.
It's too early to tell. 16th may look better, but 15th still has some talent..
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:We will find out just how good Russell is when they play 5th ranked South Laurel Saturday at rupp arena. I believe they have the talent this year to rise to the challenge and make it a good game.

I believe Russell is a little overrated anyways. Dont get me wrong they have a good team. South Laurel wiped the floor with Russell at Rupp.
Top to bottom Id say the 16th has better teams. The 15th Region has some good teams. BUT they get VERY WEAK towards the bottom.

16th Region: (This is not a ranking)
Ashland
Morgan County
Boyd County
Russell
Elliott County
Fairview
Greenup County
Rowan County
Rose Hill Christian
Raceland
East Carter
West Carter
Fleming County
Bath County
Lewis County
Menifee County

15th Region:
Belfry
Paintsville
Pike Central
Johnson Central
Shelby Valley
Phelps
Prestonsburg
South Floyd
East Ridge
Besty Layne
Pikeville
Sheldon Clark
Magoffin County
Lawrence County
Piarist School
Allen Central
David School
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:If you will look in the south laurel vs russell thread I called it as I seen it. They got whipped they didn't have noone to content with the 6'9" guy and if you're going to beat a team with that kind of height you had better be shooting well.

I did look at the thread and your predictions were:

"Russell - 50"
"SL - 45"

And Also:"Honest prediction do you even know anything about Russell this Year? No way in this world that south laurel will beat Russell by 23."

Question. Did you not say that Russell had a couple of guys 6'5" and 6'6"?
Why couldn't one of those guys beat on the big boy all night?

Also if you are going to get on here and make such BOLD predictions, you need to expect to get a little ribbing when you are wrong. :Thumbs:
OffTheHook Wrote:I did look at the thread and your predictions were:

"Russell - 50"
"SL - 45"

And Also:"Honest prediction do you even know anything about Russell this Year? No way in this world that south laurel will beat Russell by 23."

Question. Did you not say that Russell had a couple of guys 6'5" and 6'6"?
Why couldn't one of those guys beat on the big boy all night?

Also if you are going to get on here and make such BOLD predictions, you need to expect to get a little ribbing when you are wrong. :Thumbs:
I expected if you didnt't just notice I said they got whipped and no I don't expect a 6'5" guy to totally be able to contend with a 6'9" guy.At 6'9" points should be a givme down low.