Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region vs. 16th Region.
Which Region has the strongest teams?
16th..Again, but that's just my opinion
15th.

How good will Greenup Co. be.
16th Russell has Vanhoose 6'4 signed d1,Blair, Gill,Frazier,Turner 6'4 and the new 6'9 340 pound center transfer from greenup via i've heard LA.
The 16th has Morgan County,Greenup County,Ashland,Boyd County,Elliott,Raceland all good teams. 16th is way better imo.
I think its the 16th as well but its closer than most think
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
The 16th without a doubt. They have Ashland,Rose Hill,Russell and Elliot County as well as 1 D-I signee already with Vanhoose from Russell. There is really no comparison and thats coming from a 15th region fan. The 15th is probabily the weakest region in the state with one exception that being the 14th region..JMO on this.
Russell has a big team this year with one 5'10 two 5'11 and the rest of them 6'0 or taller several 6'2 6'3 and 6'4s one 6'5 one 6'6.I guess the 6'9 didnt play or they didnt get him on the roster yet one.
I say the 16th
15th
15th without a doubt!
Yeah was wondering about the beast from Russell..The 6'9 kid!
I heard Russell pounded Fleming County by 30+ in the preview.
NEXT Wrote:15th.

How good will Greenup Co. be.

Greenup beat Fairview in the preview. Elliott also beat Lewis.
We should know alittle more about Russell when they tangle with South Laurel in rupp on Saturday.
Russell beat fleming 75-42 and the transfer from huntington st joe Austin Robinson led Russell with 21 points.
greenup beat Fairview by 11 elliott over lewis by 30
We'll know a little more in February after these two 15 vs 16 games!
Ashland @ Pikeville
Pikeville @ Raceland
bball fan Wrote:We'll know a little more in February after these two 15 vs 16 games!
Ashland @ Pikeville
Pikeville @ Raceland

We will know more also when Russell tangles with Lawrence County.
The 16th region has a broad range of talent, even on losing teams. I could see many players going to play college ball. I do not know alot about the 15th, so i cant make a real opinion of the strength of that region.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:We will know more also when Russell tangles with Lawrence County.

I don't think you can judge the 15th on LC. There are far better teams in the 15th than LC. Nothing against LC.
OffTheHook Wrote:I don't think you can judge the 15th on LC. There are far better teams in the 15th than LC. Nothing against LC.
I'm not judging the 15th on lc I was just adding that in and yeah I would stack Russell against any team in the 15th.
We will find out just how good Russell is when they play 5th ranked South Laurel Saturday at rupp arena. I believe they have the talent this year to rise to the challenge and make it a good game.
OffTheHook Wrote:I don't think you can judge the 15th on LC. There are far better teams in the 15th than LC. Nothing against LC.
Let me ask you this how many d1 players are in the 15th?
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Let me ask you this how many d1 players are in the 15th?

Well the thread is about who is better. 15th vs 16th. And you said "We will know more also when Russell tangles with Lawrence County.". Your statement made it sound as if you would be judging the 15th on the LC game. I never said Russell wasn't any good. From what I have heard, Because I have never seen them play, is that they are pretty good. This has absolutely nothing to do with how many D-1 players are in a Region. Just because you have a D-1 player on your team doesn't make that team awesome. Last I checked there are 5 players on the floor at one time. Also just because no-one has committed yet, doesn't mean they're aren't any D-1s in the 15th. Just takes one good year to be noticed. Now, don't read into this and say that I am saying that there are D-1 players in the 15th. What I will say though, is that there are quite a few Good TEAMS in the 15th. That will step onto the court with anyone and give them all they want. Paintsville proved that last year when they won The Hoops Classic and beat some VERY Good teams and eventually beating the State Runners Up in Owensboro Appollo in the Championship game.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well the thread is about who is better. 15th vs 16th. And you said "We will know more also when Russell tangles with Lawrence County.". Your statement made it sound as if you would be judging the 15th on the LC game. I never said Russell wasn't any good. From what I have heard, Because I have never seen them play, is that they are pretty good. This has absolutely nothing to do with how many D-1 players are in a Region. Just because you have a D-1 player on your team doesn't make that team awesome. Last I checked there are 5 players on the floor at one time. Also just because no-one has committed yet, doesn't mean they're aren't any D-1s in the 15th. Just takes one good year to be noticed. Now, don't read into this and say that I am saying that there are D-1 players in the 15th. What I will say though, is that there are quite a few Good TEAMS in the 15th. That will step onto the court with anyone and give them all they want. Paintsville proved that last year when they won The Hoops Classic and beat some VERY Good teams and eventually beating the State Runners Up in Owensboro Appollo in the Championship game.
Have you even seen Russells roster this year they don't have but 3 guys on the team under 6 foot how many other teams can say that they have that kind of size in the 15th?
Make that 4 guys and three 5'11 and one 5'10 Russell is just flat out talented this year.Now last year I knew Russell wasn't the most talented team in the world. This year they are 10 times better and with the scrimage with south laurel and the 5/3rd tourney they will be ready to give it a good run to the region and possibly go back to rupp in the sweet 16.
Johnson Central and Russell could match up in that 5/3 Tourney if they made it far enough I am interrested to see just how it would play out.
Russell will prove against South Laurel they can play with anyone in the State this year

Don't doubt them
knowitall Wrote:Russell will prove against South Laurel they can play with anyone in the State this year

Don't doubt them

:thumpsup: