•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Vs Belfry
Haha yeh i think theyd be crazy not to that kid is huge if nothing else put him at nose guard and just let him keep holes from opening up!!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Haha yeh i think theyd be crazy not to that kid is huge if nothing else put him at nose guard and just let him keep holes from opening up!!

He very effective at DT in stopping up the LOS.
BelfryJustice Wrote:Will the Pirates make the Devils walk the plank and put out their fire? Will the Devils burn the Pirate ship and send it to the bottom of the dark sea? I see both teams struggling to stop the other’s run game. I think the Pirates might have a better passing game to throw at the Russell Red Devils compared to last years Pirate team. The Belfry Pirates have played a better schedule in my mind but not by much. This Belfry team is very hungry and out for revenge over the 2005 game that was very winnable and would have lead to a three peat. The fans for both sides have been debating this game since the horn sounded and the Corbin team was headed for the cold bus trip back home. The Belfry fans could feel an invasion from the north brewing as the yellow jackets lost their sting. The fans will come together before the game and eat the football Thanksgiving Dinner for football in late November. The fans will part their ways and line up behind their teams on opposite sides of the field for a battle of all ages! The faces will change from pride to excitement as the battle begins. After 48 minutes one team will walk away and talk about what ifs and plans for the battles on the hard court. The other team will walk away in the hunt of another dream as they plan for their December football season. Win or lose, we as fans will walk away knowing that we have been a chapter of history in the storybooks of two rich football traditions. Russell is a team that I have gained so much respect for over the years. Their fans are as great and dedicated as the Pirate faithful to the cause. I wish each team great success and an injury free game. May the winner move forward and bring the title back to the east for the 4th time in a row! :flame:

Man that was very well said, that has got to be the best post I have read on here
Im sure!! If he wasn't thered have to be something wrong! If he keeps growing can you imagine how big he'll be his senior year especially if he works hard in the weight room!
WARNING!!!!! WARNING !!!!!!!
Seth Harvey is longer the biggest kid in his class. New kid in town, just came in 6'9" 340.. Makes Seth look up to someone now.. Heard he plays basketball and Football. Sat out this year and did not play for the high school he was at. He is a sophomore and hopefully will be able to do some good....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I can not see Coach Mcglone changing his line up for any reason. If you have been around him at all you know he goes with what got him and the team where they are at so to say that he is changing his lineup is just right down rediculus. I would be totally surprised if he did change. If he does then he needs to go get checked out before friday.
Should be one of the best if not the best game on this Friday night. I'll be rooting for Belfry in this one.
Rocky Wrote:If Russell wants to run,,Just let them try, If they wanna pass,, go ahead!! You will be stopped COLD!!
Thats funny,cant wait until Friday.:moon:
all I have to say is the teams don't need to eat to much turkey!! ..lolTongueirateSho
JFLDAD Wrote:Thats funny,cant wait until Friday.:moon:

me either, four days... =)
Devilologist Wrote:WARNING!!!!! WARNING !!!!!!!
Seth Harvey is longer the biggest kid in his class. New kid in town, just came in 6'9" 340.. Makes Seth look up to someone now.. Heard he plays basketball and Football. Sat out this year and did not play for the high school he was at. He is a sophomore and hopefully will be able to do some good....

Make sure they don't let him play football :lmao:
CAM2006 Wrote:Make sure they don't let him play football :lmao:

Ahhh.. it doesn't much matter... it isn't the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.... bring the big boys on... :flame:
mrfootball03 Wrote:Ahhh.. it doesn't much matter... it isn't the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.... bring the big boys on... :flame:

Yeah but you cant teach size or speed.

And a big dog with alot of fight is not one that you should pick at.
FBALL Wrote:Yeah but you cant teach size or speed.

And a big dog with alot of fight is not one that you should pick at.

You can't teach heart either... Just bring the big boys.. there aint no one

scared

Watch the 5'6 160 pound backs run around, in between, and into the endzone
mrfootball03 Wrote:You can't teach heart either... Just bring the big boys.. there aint no one

scared

Watch the 5'6 160 pound backs run around, in between, and into the endzone

You absolutely right there is no one scared. Russell nor Belfry should be scared.

Russell and Belfry have a ton of heart. No one has been able to just run around Russell's defense and into the end zone with ease like you suspect that Belfry will. Understand like most of the fans out there that this will be a smash mouth football game and not a walk in the park. If you think it will be then you have sadly underestimated your opponent for this week.
I think that Belfry wont stand a chance against Russell.
Midee1 Wrote:You absolutely right there is no one scared. Russell nor Belfry should be scared.

Russell and Belfry have a ton of heart. No one has been able to just run around Russell's defense and into the end zone with ease like you suspect that Belfry will. Understand like most of the fans out there that this will be a smash mouth football game and not a walk in the park. If you think it will be then you have sadly underestimated your opponent for this week.

I'm not saying anyone will kill anyone.. I'm just sayin Russell having 300 pound guys on the line isn't going to scare anyone... Big guys are known to be slow..
I will take a quick line over a big line anyday.. thats just me.. Only thing I would want a big guy for is on D-line to stuff up holes..
mrfootball03 Wrote:I'm not saying anyone will kill anyone.. I'm just sayin Russell having 300 pound guys on the line isn't going to scare anyone... Big guys are known to be slow..
I will take a quick line over a big line anyday.. thats just me.. Only thing I would want a big guy for is on D-line to stuff up holes..

Which is exactly what Russell does. Last year we had the small, quick line that got it done when it had to be done. This year we have the big D line that likes to stuff holes. We can go smaller if the need arises as well. Last year we really didn't have the option to go big. We played all we have.

I have not read anywhere that Russell is going to scare you. We bring what we have always. Just like Belfry brings what they always have. They key is figuring out how to stop either one which is no easy task.
This game WILL be straight up smashmouth! The team with the least number of mistakes goes to Louisville! Belfry will defenitley have their hands FULL!
Well Belfry is ready...
Remember, its at thier house...
Hope Russell remembers what happened the last time they came to pirate land
mrfootball03 Wrote:Hope Russell remembers what happened the last time they came to pirate land

I remember. I was there. What everyone needs to understand that this is a totally different group of boys than played in 04 or in 05. This is true of both teams. So who knows who will win. I know this. It should be a good game and the intimidation factor among the players will be non existent.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Well Belfry is ready...
Remember, its at thier house...
Hope Russell remembers what happened the last time they came to pirate land

I hope Russell remembers it too. There are alot of kids from Russell that played in that 2004 game. I'm pretty sure they're looking forward to it.
I agree,I don't think Mcglone will let them forget, or the rest of the coaching staff either. This game will be decided by the last seconds of the game. Who wants it the most!
LET'S GO BELFRY!!!! This one should be a classic once again!
going to be great..I Say Belfry!!
I see both teams struggling to stop the run in this game!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I see both teams struggling to stop the run in this game!

Same here because both teams have a great run game
I'll take Belfry by 1 td
russell by 2 td
BelfryJustice Wrote:I see both teams struggling to stop the run in this game!

Amen and I don't want to hear all the "Well you stop the run then we just pass" nonsense. Haywood and McGlone will both pass enough to keep the other team honest. Although McGlone must be slipping in his old age. His QB is in the top 20 in passing and he has a receiver in the top 20 as well.

We all know that if either team has to come out of it comfort zone and start passing there could be real trouble.

Look for a slow, grind it out, eat up the clock, 3 yards and a cloud of dust type game. Just the way I like them.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next