Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants a JC vs. Belfry meeting when this is over??
I know i want to see it!!!!!
do what?
For one reason only!! JC beat Ashland by 7 points, Right? Belfry lost by 1 point, After that game there was a change in QB,s. I wanna see who has it!!!
They already met preseason. It was not pretty for Belfry.
Rocky Wrote:For one reason only!! JC beat Ashland by 7 points, Right? Belfry lost by 1 point, After that game there was a change in QB,s. I wanna see who has it!!!
You do realize that JC beat Ashland badly the first game don't you. Its always tough to beat a team twice in the season. Especially a well coached team like Ashland.
I think Belfry can stand toe to toe with JC!!
Rocky Wrote:I think Belfry can stand toe to toe with JC!!

I don't see it. JC is the most physical team i have seen in a long time. I like Belfry and i think they represent EKY well in 2a, but i don't see them matching up well with JC at all.
Teams get better through the season,But Belfry does not depend on 1 or 2 players.
Belfry has a TON of depth, I think you might be fooled in the game,,,If it happened Smile
Rocky Wrote:Teams get better through the season,But Belfry does not depend on 1 or 2 players.
You do realize JC doesn't depend on one or two either. The player that got it done tonight was their O tackles. Jc ran quick pitch all night and the tackles got out there and had some awesome blocks. Then you have Johnson a 6'2 250lb. all state fullback that might be one the best linebackers i've seen. Tackett stopped one of the best running backs in the state tonight against rock. And the quaterback had a nice passes. JC is a very well rounded team. Grimm is getting alot of attention right now but don't let it make you think hes their only player.
well its not going to happen.. at least this year.. the most we can hope for is a game for next year.. which imo, would be a good game for Belfry to play.. thats the teams they need to play in thier non district schedule...
By the way.. I hope to see JC & Belfry both at Papa Johns in DEC!!!!
Belfry, Sad to say ,has talent standing on the sidelines,,,And we ALL see it!!! It is a shame! I would just luv to see this matchup!!
Same wishes here MR.
No offense, but THIS YEAR, as good as people may think Belfry may be, they are no match for 4A class JC. JC has a large roster and several talented players. JC proved they were better in preseason. JC dominated Ashland the first game and beat them again which is very hard. Belfry lost to Ashland. The game won't happen, but I think the outcome would disappoint the Pirate fans. A year to year deal may be different, but this year the Eagles would win.

With that said, good luck to JC and Belfry as they represent E KY in the playoffs!!
Rocky Wrote:For one reason only!! JC beat Ashland by 7 points, Right? Belfry lost by 1 point, After that game there was a change in QB,s. I wanna see who has it!!!

From my recollection, it was the Belfry D that lost the game to the Eagles in preseason. So what would the QB change have to do with it??
I would have to give the edge to JC, but it would make for a great game. Each tean only has 11 on the field at a time! I do want to see both in the box!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Rocky Wrote:I think Belfry can stand toe to toe with JC!!

And I think your crazy. haha. JC killed Belfry in the preseason, but it was just practice to you guys, right? Cause thats the excuse we here in Eagleville keep hearing from some fans. And if it helps, Belfry and Johnson Central play next year, last game of the season at The Nest I believe.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I would have to give the edge to JC, but it would make for a great game. Each tean only has 11 on the field at a time! I do want to see both in the box!

I agree.
Rocky Wrote:Belfry, Sad to say ,has talent standing on the sidelines,,,And we ALL see it!!! It is a shame! I would just luv to see this matchup!!

Your right, we do.
mrfootball03 Wrote:By the way.. I hope to see JC & Belfry both at Papa Johns in DEC!!!!

Me too :1:
Cash Wrote:And I think your crazy. haha. JC killed Belfry in the preseason, but it was just practice to you guys, right? Cause thats the excuse we here in Eagleville keep hearing from some fans. And if it helps, Belfry and Johnson Central play next year, last game of the season at The Nest I believe.

We will never count a preseason as nothing but what it is preseason. What is the all time record between these two schools? I think you will see that Belfry is the lead of that stat!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BelfryJustice Wrote:We will never count a preseason as nothing but what it is preseason. What is the all time record between these two schools? I think you will see that Belfry is the lead of that stat!

Maybe it's time for JC to take turns leading that stat then! JC has the numbers and talent, and a very physical defense. Belfry has a great D and 3 great backs that i've seen thus far. But this year's Pirate team wouldn't put up much of a fight with the Eagles, IMO.
But, whenever these two teams meet up in the regular season next year hopefully, i'll be pulling for my fellow Pikecountian's!
But until then, let's have three mountain teams make it to state!
Im all for Somerset,JC, and of course Belfry to make it to Papa John's in two weeks.
JC would blow them out....Not meaning to disrespect Belfry, but JC is in another league IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

EKY Sportster Wrote:No offense, but THIS YEAR, as good as people may think Belfry may be, they are no match for 4A class JC.

With that said, good luck to JC and Belfry as they represent E KY in the playoffs!!
Sportster,
Johnson Central is AAA not 4A.
There wouldn't be much of a game to it JC would win eaisly by 4 or 5 TD's. But I like the Pirates chances against Russell though, especially the way they played against M'Boro.
JC romped belfry in the preseason
This game is not going to happen,Period...why stir things up?

JC and Belfry played a scrimmage, last I checked, scrimmages don't count in standings or stats. Many coaches view and treat scrimmages as a glorified practice against someone other that their own players.

Why can't eastern Kentucky fans come together and root for both teams instead of making up hypothetical games???

Go Belfry and Johnson Central!!!
Here's hoping both the Pirates and Golden Eagles are in Louisville for the championships!!!
fox sports Wrote:This game is not going to happen,Period...why stir things up?

JC and Belfry played a scrimmage, last I checked, scrimmages don't count in standings or stats. Many coaches view and treat scrimmages as a glorified practice against someone other that their own players.

Why can't eastern Kentucky fans come together and root for both teams instead of making up hypothetical games???

Go Belfry and Johnson Central!!!
Here's hoping both the Pirates and Golden Eagles are in Louisville for the championships!!!
:Thumbs:
If this game was to be played it would be alot closer than people thing. Both teams are very good & anything can happen in high school football. I'd love to see both teams bring home the championship. Good luck to both go pirates!