Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Best Dunkers in 15th
watchin-u Wrote:Ive seen patton play and he can dunk but dosent have any basketball skill and i dont think we have to worry about him dunking in a game beause he is to weak to do it in traffic and hes not going to be getting steals all night and getting to the rim...
The other teams in the region are not going to let him either....But i guess he'll get them all in warm-ups

You sound a little jealous to me, he will definitely dunk in a game. You have not seen Patton play this season because today was his first practice due to football. I think you might be basing your opinion on last year. He has changed a lot since then. Patton has bulked up tremendously due to football, he weighs over 200 lbs now. To say he is weak is uh well-way off. I wish him well and hope he dunks numerous times this season.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:He might get them in layups, maybe one or two in the scrimmage. That is still different than doing it in a real game against a team that will be trying to keep you from it harder than your own teammate will be trying. I am not saying that he cant hard or good, I am just saying the same thing everyone else is. It is a lot different to dunk in layups than it is in a real game.

I agree with your analogy, but I feel the guards at Pburg will determine also if Patton dunks. He wont be able too with players trying to hang on him, but if the guards set it up then BANG!
Pupaw Wrote:Van Ferguson will get a lot of dunks this year I'd say. He can jump out of the gym.
Congrats to Van, I'd also say he will lead the region in scoring if they count the dunk shot as an 100 pointer. Good luck this year guys!
champ Wrote:Congrats to Van, I'd also say he will lead the region in scoring if they count the dunk shot as an 100 pointer. Good luck this year guys!

GReat Post!:Clap:
Thank you B.C.C. I know that Van can dunk and thats great, I just get sooo tired of hearing WAY too much about Paintsville. The kids there are great and I know many of them and to top they, they have a wonderful basketball program and school! However, I've seen Van play and he is a good athlete and can get up, but still, just because you can dunk doesn't mean that you are a good basketball player, not saying that he isn't because he might surprise me.
champ Wrote:Thank you B.C.C. I know that Van can dunk and thats great, I just get sooo tired of hearing WAY too much about Paintsville. The kids there are great and I know many of them and to top they, they have a wonderful basketball program and school! However, I've seen Van play and he is a good athlete and can get up, but still, just because you can dunk doesn't mean that you are a good basketball player, not saying that he isn't because he might surprise me.

Great post i agree 100%
Ashley Hatfield will be the best dunker this year for Valley. I see Taylor Newsome getting a couple this year also. That will be itfor the dunking.
Van Ferguson is gonna get a dunk almost every game on the fast breaks. Landon might even pull one of this season
EKY Sportster Wrote::thumpsup: Sad but true (at least under game conditions)

I agree give me the top 5 that can turely dunk that is my top 5 there is really no 1 in the 15th that can truley dunk it in a game maybe just palyin around but not in a game sad but ture
PrimeRib Wrote:Van Ferguson is gonna get a dunk almost every game on the fast breaks. Landon might even pull one of this season
PLEASE! Landon throws it up and barely grabs the rim
Its an absolute joke, i just hope no-one else rolls an ancle trying to dunk it in warmups....Landon cant dunk Van on the other hand well lets just say, its time for landon to move over and let the new phenom show his stuff
Lando Dunks harder than anyone other than Van. Treavor can throw down alright and I've even seen J.D. get it down two handed.
But the big question about Patton is, how many steps does he have to take to be able to throw one down? Can he go up flat footed, or even with just one step to dunk? Or does he have to have a running start?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
*Coeus* Wrote:Lando Dunks harder than anyone other than Van. Treavor can throw down alright and I've even seen J.D. get it down two handed.
Please meet me at a paintsville game and we will set during warm-ups together and i can garentee that Landon cant throw it down and J.D.....was that a joke or something he doesnt have a 10 inch vertical, thats pathedic stop putting false satements on this site, we all know its not true. You must be apart of the tiger program, Landon is 6'3 or 6'4 and still cant dunk thats even more pathedic.....besides Van Blake Bundy throws it down better than anuone on the team, he's about 5'10. So thats the truth and we can meet up and go to a game and see whose statement is true.
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:He will not be as good as Ashley Hatfield or Taylor Newsome from Valley this year. You can bet on that!

If im not mistaken, all i have heard people from Shelby Vally talk about is this Ashley Hatfield and Taylor Newsome. If you are going to base your entire season around two freshman, its not going to be to a very good year for you. I suggest maybe saving those posts for 2 or 3 years from now, because no freshman is going to come into any basketball game and dominate the way your saying they will. It is even more funny that you are saying this Taylor Newsome KID is going to have dunks in games... Come on people think about it, hes a FRESHMAN. He would be scared to death to try to dunk it in a game because if he tried and failed, i know i would never let him forget that when he is playing against the Blackcats. I would love to see this kid try to dunk it against us, and it get swated back by big Trevor Patton, show you how a true big man works down low... GO BLACKCATS!!!!!
Eric Arnett at Magoffin County had a two handed slam in their maroon/white scrimmage
blackcat_crazy07 Wrote:If im not mistaken, all i have heard people from Shelby Vally talk about is this Ashley Hatfield and Taylor Newsome. If you are going to base your entire season around two freshman, its not going to be to a very good year for you. I suggest maybe saving those posts for 2 or 3 years from now, because no freshman is going to come into any basketball game and dominate the way your saying they will. It is even more funny that you are saying this Taylor Newsome KID is going to have dunks in games... Come on people think about it, hes a FRESHMAN. He would be scared to death to try to dunk it in a game because if he tried and failed, i know i would never let him forget that when he is playing against the Blackcats. I would love to see this kid try to dunk it against us, and it get swated back by big Trevor Patton, show you how a true big man works down low... GO BLACKCATS!!!!!

You like to highlight words like "KID" and "FRESHMAN" alot. If I can remember right, Elisha Justice was only a 8th grader and outplayed alot of juniors and seniors last season. Keep bringing up the KIDS and FRESHMEN and watch your presious BLackcats fall to the WIldcats.
watchin-u Wrote:PLEASE! Landon throws it up and barely grabs the rim
Its an absolute joke, i just hope no-one else rolls an ancle trying to dunk it in warmups....Landon cant dunk Van on the other hand well lets just say, its time for landon to move over and let the new phenom show his stuff

Lando can dunk it, just not that throwin up and off the floor crap. He can get one on a fast break but not like that. Meade rolled his ankle because he absolutely sucks at dunking, hes not that good at the overall game of basketball as it is.
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:You like to highlight words like "KID" and "FRESHMAN" alot. If I can remember right, Elisha Justice was only a 8th grader and outplayed alot of juniors and seniors last season. Keep bringing up the KIDS and FRESHMEN and watch your presious BLackcats fall to the WIldcats.

Shut up and quit making Valley people look stupid. Taylor couldn't even dunk it in warm-ups at Blue/White night let alone can he put one down in a game. And yes, he is a FRESHMEN and a KID, and he is not better than Elijah, nowhere near it!
One dunk in the 15th already. Even though it was in a scrimmage game, it was against another team and not a inter squad game.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Patton slams off fast break tonight in the Red White, It was awesome, I though He was going to tear the goal down. The crowd went wild! He actually could have dunked a couple of times but chose not to. As a team, they are a little rough coming off football, they will continue to improve as usual, but may be a little behind the non-football schools.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:One dunk in the 15th already. Even though it was in a scrimmage game, it was against another team and not a inter squad game.
yeah...Deven Adams of P-ville!!!!
Adams had the best dunk that I have seen in a long time in the 15th last night. This boy has come a long way!!! He was a little shaky at first but probably still ended up with a double-double. I have to admit I had my doubts about this kid, but he is going to give this region fits for the next 3 years!
I heard that Adam Slone got a dunk in their Raider Rumble, can anyone confirm this?
bball fan Wrote:Adams had the best dunk that I have seen in a long time in the 15th last night. This boy has come a long way!!! He was a little shaky at first but probably still ended up with a double-double. I have to admit I had my doubts about this kid, but he is going to give this region fits for the next 3 years!
Adams had 11 pts and 13 rebs. i beleive....
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I heard that Adam Slone got a dunk in their Raider Rumble, can anyone confirm this?
even if he did its the Raider Rumble...I would like to see him do it against another team! Is he a junior this year or a sophomore?
White Mike Wrote:even if he did its the Raider Rumble...I would like to see him do it against another team! Is he a junior this year or a sophomore?

He is a sophmore and a really good kid.
blackcat_crazy07 Wrote:If im not mistaken, all i have heard people from Shelby Vally talk about is this Ashley Hatfield and Taylor Newsome. If you are going to base your entire season around two freshman, its not going to be to a very good year for you. I suggest maybe saving those posts for 2 or 3 years from now, because no freshman is going to come into any basketball game and dominate the way your saying they will. It is even more funny that you are saying this Taylor Newsome KID is going to have dunks in games... Come on people think about it, hes a FRESHMAN. He would be scared to death to try to dunk it in a game because if he tried and failed, i know i would never let him forget that when he is playing against the Blackcats. I would love to see this kid try to dunk it against us, and it get swated back by big Trevor Patton, show you how a true big man works down low... GO BLACKCATS!!!!!

Exactly...i couldnt have said it better myself! They are youngns that cannot dunk!!! period!!
blackcat_crazy07 Wrote:It is even more funny that you are saying this Taylor Newsome KID is going to have dunks in games... I would love to see this kid try to dunk it against us, and it get swated back by big Trevor Patton, show you how a true big man works down low... GO BLACKCATS!!!!!

Newsome can't even dunk it in warmups... much less a game...
The King Wrote:Newsome can't even dunk it in warmups... much less a game...

Well it sure is good to see some people tell the truth!!!!!
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:You like to highlight words like "KID" and "FRESHMAN" alot. If I can remember right, Elisha Justice was only a 8th grader and outplayed alot of juniors and seniors last season. Keep bringing up the KIDS and FRESHMEN and watch your presious BLackcats fall to the WIldcats.

yea really and I cant wait to see Shelby Valley dominate ur lil backcats again this year