Poll: Who does Belfry want to play more?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg (For the last time in the playoffs against each other...till after 2010)
0%
Sheldon Clark (Straight up revenge after the horrible loss in the Regular Season)
0%
They don't care
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who does Belfry want to play more?
Lets say Belfry beats Shelby Valley. Who do they want to play? Sheldon Clark or Prestonsburg?
sheldon clark deffinatley, they want revenge for earlier this year
you can look at it 2 differnt ways pburg if they want an easy win to get on to the next round or sc to try to get back at them for beating them in the regular seson.
but im goin have to go with sc
SC ,then no doubt they want Russell :devilflam ...for a rematch of last years simifinals
yes they want russell but they will not make it there
Belfry wants Sheldon Clark. SC got it done in round one, how could Belfry possible not want a chance to redeem theirselves? Belfry wants to beat the best, and IMO, the will.

When it comes down to it, Belfry will play the team that lines up across from them on Friday night. I hope its Sheldon Clark, but if its Prestonsburg, thats fine.

I have always been one to call out winning streaks. Belfry has owned Prestonsburg in the last 6 or 7 games. Sheldon Clark said "no more" to Belfry. I just want to see Belfry redeem themselves.
I would say that SC is on the minds of Belfry fans.
Watch out Cards.
I would think they want SC.
the great one is me Wrote:you can look at it 2 differnt ways pburg if they want an easy win to get on to the next round or sc to try to get back at them for beating them in the regular seson.

Agreed. Pburg got drilled by the Pirates once this season...looked like a deer in headlights, but I'd say more than likely they'd like to play the Cards.
sheldon clark for sure they had them beatin the first match up, and if they play again they will beat them! plain and simple.
They have to want to play Sc
Has to be Sheldon Clark!!!
SC for sure.
They want to play SC more because they want revenge and beat them as bad as they can
it has to be sc, but it isn't going to be easy for belfry to get past sc.
sc beat them once and can beat them again.
JFLDAD Wrote:SC ,then no doubt they want Russell :devilflam ...for a rematch of last years simifinals

I say SC also then we want Russell. I love to watch Belfry and Russell go at it always a great game. May the best team win:1:
Who is traditionaly a bigger rival for Belfry? SC or Pburg? SC has played them in 3a and 2a. Pburg doesn't seem to really have a rival game other than Belfry.
In a way Im sure they want to play Pburg because of the rivalry, but why is it such a big rivalry? Pburg hasnt kept the score close since , what, 2001?
I would think they dont care they just want to make it back to the Pizza Box...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I would think they dont care they just want to make it back to the Pizza Box...

I agree with 15th....Belfry really don't care who they play, it's all buisness...but I'd say somewhere in the back of their minds....Sheldon Clark is the team they really want to come to The Valley for a chance at redemption...IMO !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
im going to say Sheldon Clark for revenge
wanger Wrote:In a way Im sure they want to play Pburg because of the rivalry, but why is it such a big rivalry? Pburg hasnt kept the score close since , what, 2001?

Actually its just been in the past two seasons that Prestonsburg hasnt been able to keep it close.

2000-Prestonsbrurg 20 Belfry 14
2001-Prestonsburg 40 Belfry 14 / Prestonsburg 34 Belfry 14
2002- Belfry 20 Prestonsburg 12
2003-Belfry 35 Prestonsburg 12 / Belfry 27 Prestonsburg 19
2004-Belfry 20 Prestonsburg 14 OT / Belfry 28 Prestonsburg 12
2005-Belfry 49 Prestonsburg 7
2006-Belfry 42 Prestonsburg 10

Overall series lead
Belfry leads 7-3

So exactley theres only been two games that they've played thats not been close.
Im gonna go with Sheldon Clark. They are going to want revenge to the team that gave them there first district loss in 5 years
blackcat_student Wrote:Actually its just been in the past two seasons that Prestonsburg hasnt been able to keep it close.

2000-Prestonsbrurg 20 Belfry 14
2001-Prestonsburg 40 Belfry 14 / Prestonsburg 34 Belfry 14
2002- Belfry 20 Prestonsburg 12
2003-Belfry 35 Prestonsburg 12 / Belfry 27 Prestonsburg 19
2004-Belfry 20 Prestonsburg 14 OT / Belfry 28 Prestonsburg 12
2005-Belfry 49 Prestonsburg 7
2006-Belfry 42 Prestonsburg 10

Overall series lead
Belfry leads 7-3

So exactley theres only been two games that they've played thats not been close.

not to bad considering Belfry is a powerhouse
Defenitley Sheldon Clark...Nothing tastes better than sweet revenge
If they want the easiest road to move forward then Belfry wants to see Prestonsburg. But if pride is a factor then they deffinitely want Sheldon Clark.
Yea thats wat i said.
wanger Wrote:In a way Im sure they want to play Pburg because of the rivalry, but why is it such a big rivalry? Pburg hasnt kept the score close since , what, 2001?

I think the Belfry/SC rivalry is deeper rooted than the Pburg/Belfry rival. The Belfry/SC rival dates back longer(i believe) and the past two coaches at SC have been Belfry alumni. Besides Martin Co is very close to Belfry. Some of the kids that live up 292 are probally closer to belfry than sc.
Prestonsburg & Belfry have quite a rivalry.. especially since Belfry went back down to AA.. from 1999-2005 its been pretty much arch-rivals

cats eye Wrote:I think the Belfry/SC rivalry is deeper rooted than the Pburg/Belfry rival. The Belfry/SC rival dates back longer(i believe) and the past two coaches at SC have been Belfry alumni. Besides Martin Co is very close to Belfry. Some of the kids that live up 292 are probally closer to belfry than sc.