Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocky Balboa
I'm sure you all have heard about the movie "Rocky Balboa" that is coming out later this year. More-less it's Rocky VI. I'm a little excited about this movie...I liked all the Rocky's except for Rocky V. I'm sorry if this has already been a thread before on here.

Here's the Plot Outline:
In this new installment of the Rocky series, Rocky Balboa returns to the ring to fight the present world champion... It's been many years since Rocky Balboa has been in the ring. Through that time his wife Adrian died of cancer, and he and his son, Rocky Jr., have been growing apart. Rocky owns his own deli, and people will come in just to hear his stories. Now ESPN is holding these virtual boxing matches pairing up fighters from different eras, it is a competition. And in the end it showed that if there was a match between "Young" Rocky and the champion Mason "The Line" Dixion, Rocky would win. Seeing this virtual fight makes Rocky remember how much he misses being in the ring. He doesn't miss the winning part, he misses the sport. So he re-registers for his license... This creates a media firestorm, and who should hear about it but Mason himself. Paper View wont pay him anymore because they believe that he is fighting all second rate fighters, and that he's a "paper champion". So his people suggest a fight between him and Rocky. Dixon agrees... The opportunity is brought to Rocky who at first is a little cautious at first, but soon agrees also. Now it is a Battle of the Ages. A true battle of Will v.s. Skill. With the help of Paulie, Tony (his old trainer), and of course his son, it is truly, his final countdown.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479143/plotsummary
This sounds like it will be a good movie. I loved the frist 5 rocky movies, I just hope this can compare with the others.
Sounds good, Im excited to see it when its released.
i hated 5.. 4 was ok, and the first three were pretty good, but personally i htink sly is too old to be playin a boxer...
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
I loved how Rocky put an end to the "Cold War" in Rocky 4. I am a fan of all the Rocky movies except 5...I mean come on, he gets back from fighting and his kid who was about 6 at the time in R4 is about 11 or 12 in a matter of days. I'll go watch this one because it's a great movie series, but maybe they should've stopped after 4.
When you consider movies being "Oscar" material, they should have stopped after two. The first one bagged the Best Picture Oscar, and the second one was nominated. The rest haven't been nominated for anything. BUT, they have been quality, entertaining movies. So, for the sake of entertainment, this movie is a good idea. Otherwise it isn't. I however, am all for it, just not a big fan of having them write Adriean out of the script, saying she died of cancer. I mean come one, we already lost Mikey and Appollo, gives us a break!
Thats awesome. I hadn't heard about that. You really don't hear about a lot of stuff in Barbourville. lol But I can't wait,
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
BC75 Wrote:Thats awesome. I hadn't heard about that. You really don't hear about a lot of stuff in Barbourville. lol But I can't wait,

Barbourville? That's awesome, I have family in Corbin. The only thing that made me sad when hearing about "Rocky Balboa" (aka "Rocky VI") was knowing Stallone had to have chest implants.
BC75 Wrote:Thats awesome. I hadn't heard about that. You really don't hear about a lot of stuff in Barbourville. lol But I can't wait,

We have a mod from B'ville and I can't get a decent thread going after a KC game?
Any more older and he will be boxing in a wheelchair
Cant wait to see the newest Rocky. The first 4 were excellent and Im like everyone else the 5th one was pretty bad. But the 6th installment should be a dandy
wanger Wrote:Any more older and he will be boxing in a wheelchair

Exactly what I was thinking.

Is he going to be fighting dudes from nursing homes??
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
1st 4 were good i didnt like the 5th one 6th one will probly be better than 5
BFritz Wrote:Exactly what I was thinking.

Is he going to be fighting dudes from nursing homes??

:lmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Yea I seen the previews on tv for it. I want to go watch it. The best Rocky movie was about the Russian but I can't remember which number it is... 4 I think?
Somerset_Football Wrote:Yea I seen the previews on tv for it. I want to go watch it. The best Rocky movie was about the Russian but I can't remember which number it is... 4 I think?

Yeah, it's Rocky 4....definately my favorite too!
Should be a good one, anyone think Rocky may die in this one.
BurntTires Wrote:Should be a good one, anyone think Rocky may die in this one.

I seen a spoiler that showed him with his hands up at the end..but I'm thinking it's just him saying he's quitting the game for good. I may be wrong though.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I seen a spoiler that showed him with his hands up at the end..but I'm thinking it's just him saying he's quitting the game for good. I may be wrong though.

He barely filmed this movie without needing a walker to come through the tunnel
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
It comes out December 22.
If it's anything like the first 4 it should be pretty good.
i cant wait i love the rocky movies there great 5 wasnt that good but i can already tell this one will be one of the best rocky movies
I can't wait to watch this one!!!!
Just watching the trailer gets you pumped. Rocky movies are awesome. i can't wait to see it! Check out the trailer here: http://www.rocky.com/
I cannot wait to see this... Its gonna be great
the release date has been changed to December 20th. I have read reviews from critics and everyday joes who have caught first screenings of the film in big cities, and they all are raving about it. Some say it is the best Rocky yet and others say it is the best with the exception of part 1. I have also heard this is Oscar material.
Today is the day!!!!
How was it?