Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far will JC make it?
Johnson Central (9-0) goes into the playoffs after this week with the 1st place in district...... How far does everyone think they will make it?
From how they're playing, I'm more than sure they'll win their first 2 games, but the Rock may prove a problem for them in region. Both teams are playing great ball right now. But if JC beats them I wouldn't be suprised...But after that, they would either be playing Highlands or Lexington Catholic I think? After that it's Bowling Green and Boyle County possibly for state.

What's everyones thoughts on this team? region, semi's, or state?:popcorn:
semis i think. MAYBE
I don't see them having a big Problem until they play Highlands(Not Lexington Catholic) and then they COULD be in trouble. I think JC is arguably the most talented team in 3A on all sides of the ball. Their running/ground game is really good. It would take a really good Defense to slow it down. If Highlands and JC play the way I predict it, it would be a classic and I'd probabily buy tickets to watch this game. The winner would play Bowling Green in the AAA state Championship. Bowling Green is probabily the best team in AAA right now and is my favorite to take it all but JC and Highlands are pretty evenly matched with them. I see Bowling Green winning it with eighter JC or Highlands as Runners-Up..With all this being said I definitly wouldn't bet against the Golden Eagles as they could win it all just as Easy as Bowling Green,Highlands,Boyle,LexCath, Rockcastle, or even a team like Ashland who could sneak up on someone as well.
Hopefully really far! :thumpsup:

Don't see much problems til they get to Highlands
Pretty far. I agree with mrfootball03 they're gonna get tested when they play Highlands. Both are good teams there. Should be a good football game that Friday night.
They SHOULD make the state-semi's but if they don't show up or over look one of their previouis opponents in the first few rounds they could get knocked off. Highlands or Cov. Cath will be making the trip down to Paintsville come the day after Thanksgiving. It will be a great game, but even if JC makes it to the finals they would have to beat a very TOUGH Bowling Green squad....which I don't know if anyone can do that this year.
Hopefully semis they deserve it
yea they do, they've had a great season... does anyone know how many district and region titles JC has won in football?
like i said before, i wont be suprised if JC beats the rock or bell, but if they make it that far, they'll be 12-0
usually when teams are doing that good they get a lil high on themselves and sometimes dont take games seriously when they need too, but knowing how coach matney runs his programs, id say the boys at JC wont be overlooking anyone.
but you cant over look the rock or bell, gotta treat each playoff game like it was the biggest game of the season. actually, each playoff game is kinda the biggest game of the season considering its go all out or go home. if you dont go all out here your season is over, i know the JC seniors dont want their season ending after the first playoff game like last year
i see them going all the way this year
I would love to see Johnson Central go to Papa Johns this year! I thought last year, they could have made it, but this year, I feel even stronger about them going. Just like everyone else, I don't see them having much competition until Highlands or Rockcastle, but if they don't show up every week, they could easily go home early. Good Luck Golden Eagles! I'll be rooting for ya!
it will be hard for JC to get pass Highlands but if they do and do with ease they will be unstoppable
lpd826 Wrote:it will be hard for JC to get pass Highlands but if they do and do with ease they will be unstoppable
If JC DOES get by Highlands, I don't think it will be "with ease."
State Semi's is the farthest they will go. But IMO I think they will lose to Rockcastle Co in Regional.
Regional Final. RockCastle Co. will end the season for JCHS. This will be the first game in which the starters will be in a close game deep into the second half and the lack of experience will do them in. This isn't a jab at Central, they are a legit contender for the region, but being objective, I see the Rock as a solid, playoff experienced oppent.
i think there gonna win state..
I really see jc tearin down the goalposts this year and winnin state!
Would love to see this...Rootin for u all the way JC!
The only goal posts they will tear down (if they win state) will be their own. I don't think the University of Louisville would like that too much, shoot maybe get them with vandalism or something.....lol. But I would love to see a local school win state this year. Has EKY ever had a team win the 3A state title??
It will take one heck-of-a team to beat them because they are as good as almost anyone in the state IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I too hope JC does well in the post season, if for anything for Nathanal Dials from Lawrence County whos dad and i played for Lawrence Co together and was on Lawrence Countys team when they got thier first winning season which got the ball rolling for the great LC teams you have seen in the past. Good luck to them!!!
I hope they do well but they have to get by the likes of Bell Co. Rockcastle and Higlands first.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Coach Matney took a good Sheldon Clark team to the semi finals. That team didn't have any depth. Played maybe 14 players. Most went both ways. This JC team might be the deepest team he has ever had. The reason that SC team lost to highlands was due to numbers. This JC team has that. I say they can win state as long as they don't get big heads.
JC's convincing fashion win over Ashland, Bell or Rock won't beat them this year.IMO.
JC beat Ashland 35-7, Believe me Highlands would beat Ashland by prob. 50.
Johnson Central will roll as far as the North lets them, Highlands or Cov.Cath will be just too much.
cats eye Wrote:Coach Matney took a good Sheldon Clark team to the semi finals. That team didn't have any depth. Played maybe 14 players. Most went both ways. This JC team might be the deepest team he has ever had. The reason that SC team lost to highlands was due to numbers. This JC team has that. I say they can win state as long as they don't get big heads.

The reason they lost to Highlands that year is because Highlands could have beat some small colleges that year. J-LO, Derek Smith and company was unstoppable that year.
yea i know a guy that played for SC that year, his name was matt, but i cant think of his last name..hes a pretty big guy, said highlands was like ranked 13th nationwide in 3A that year
State i hope.
state
state champions!!! If they don't over look someone, which imo I don't think that matney will let that happen.
i agree highlands has a good team.. and it will be hard ta beat them with ease at highlands..
StrikeoutKing Wrote:If JC DOES get by Highlands, I don't think it will be "with ease."
They always look good during regular season but just like last year...