•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Ashland Predictions and Bets!
goodluck to both teams in this one
Justin Credible Wrote:okay ashland got by pburg not so easily, johnson central would eat them alive. I pick them to go to state.

Comparing Opponents Is Ridicoulous JC Had Beaten Common Opponents by way more than Ashland Last Year But Ashland won the game eaach week is a different gameplan and anythig can happen:thumpsup:
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Yeh Absolutely!! He deserves it!! I lifted with him once or twice in our weight room and hes a really nice guy! You'd think somebody with his talent would be cocky as can be but hes not!! And not to mention he is HUGE!! Anyone know if Arliss's class played JC??

Yeah I Believe They Opened with each other his Junior And Senior years one of those years JC won the district
Just So you Know The Tomcats Havent Lost A District Game In Over 2 years Since they lost to boyd @ the end of 03 footballl season these coaches always have this team ready for district play
I really Hope Mr.Ballash Or Whelan read this we would love to see the band there for the district championship game by the way the band has some good luck @ that field winning the first 2 golden eagle marching classic band competitions so maybe some of that would rub off besides it would also be a chance to showcase the best band in eky
espn promo

Wednesday-the middle of the week,taking notes in class,draging through the work week is almost to much to take, then on the drive home you pass by the practice field, the sight of football gets you going as you are reminded only 2 more days till friday
JCHSfootball Wrote:No one at JC made that decision....Those decisions(class rank)are made by the KHSAA not any of us.

Actually JC Had petitioned forr a drop in class midway throught the realignment so they did ask for it however in JC's defense it was Because of a mass fallout of students so due to there current student body 3a(5a next year) is where they belong:thumpsup:
THOMCAT Wrote:I wonder the same thing. I have seen every game except North Laurel. I have seen 4 different kids QB. Also, I have seen numerous kids run the ball. I believe Central has given up 11 TD's this season and probably 8 were against the reserves. I have also seen numerous subs playing in the 3rd quarter of many games. That is why we play it on the field. If Ashland plays better on a wet field, I hope it rains. If they play better on a dry field, I hope conditions are perfect. I want no excuses when we WIN. Friday night will be electric. Senior night, homecoming for all former Central grads and OH YEAH, the Tomcats come to town. Go get them guys. :devilflam

Looks like you pick Ashland
never mind misread that post trust me no-one from ashland we'll be making excuses if we lose
# 250 i got it woo-hoo quarter of the way to 1000
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Looks like you pick Ashland

I know THOMCAT and he is picking JC. You can bet on that. He is BLACK and GOLD through and through. A word of advise to the Tomcat fans from someone across the creek. If you want a seat, take half a day off and arrive early. I have been to JC games and arrived at 6:00 for a 7:30 kickoff and found almost 75% of the seats occupied. The only section that you will have is on the end toward the plaza and it MAY be less than 20% of the total seating. Be prepared to stand. They will probably open the walking track that surrounds the field to fans, however I believe the Apple Bowl last year was the only time that occured.
Ashland by TD in overtime....
Tomcat68 Wrote:Yes. Arliss played at Johnson Central in the season opener in 2001 during his senior season. Arliss rushed for 303 yards on 13 carries. It still sets as the 4th most yards by an Ashland back in one game. At the time, it was #2. He broke that mark twice later that season.

Arliss still didn't win player of the game despite his efforts. Josh Duley came up with 3 interceptions and was named the MVP for the game.

I remember that game and even though we were on the loosing side of that one, it was awesome to watch Beach run the ball. He was huge even then.
Arliss Beach was a great runner and still is......I think if our offense wouldve been a little different he couldve ran for more yards than he did...
JCHSfootball Wrote:I remember that game and even though we were on the loosing side of that one, it was awesome to watch Beach run the ball. He was huge even then.

who was your head coach that year??
JC takes this 1 away
JC:36
ash:28
Big- D Wrote:who was your head coach that year??
Bill Musick
Tomcat68 Wrote:That's the truth. West and Wright were a dynamic combo that was near impossible to stop.

BTW, saw a #4 named Michael West playing for LC this past week. Any relation?
Tomcat 68 Dontae Wright plays linebacker for Miami Of Ohio and he starts.He is all over the field.Eastern Kentucky football fans should really be proud of him.Michael West is at Cambellsville after a two year stay at marshall.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Tomcat 68 Dontae Wright plays linebacker for Miami Of Ohio and he starts.He is all over the field.Eastern Kentucky football fans should really be proud of him.Michael West is at Cambellsville after a two year stay at marshall.

Yeah I've caught Wright a few times and seen him play on tv. I didn't know West was at Campbellsville now. Has he been getting any playing time?
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Good Luck Eagles You Got Ur Work Cut Out For Ya< But I'
M Still Takin U Big!!!
IMO, Ashland just isn't powerful enough this year! But I wish them luck though!
Big- D Wrote:who was your head coach that year??

JC only played against Arliss Beach his senior year. That was the 2001 football season after Bill Musick had left to take the Principal job at Fairview. In the 2000 season JC was a 4A school and had its undefeated 10-0 record while Ashland was in Class 3A. The head coach at that time was Bruce Humphery. Arguable the biggest bust in JC football history. That was the only year he was the coach at JC as they went 2-8 with wins over Bourbon Co. and Magoffin Co.
Bruce was only the coach for one year though wasn't he?
JC will roll in this one...42-18
IRISH4 Wrote:Bruce was only the coach for one year though wasn't he?
yes:Thumbs:
I know this is away from the game but didn't he(Bruce Humphrey) get his tires burnt on his vehicle before the Apple Bowl???
Johnson Central takes this one..they are not number 1 in the mountains for no reason
IRISH4 Wrote:I know this is away from the game but didn't he(Bruce Humphrey) get his tires burnt on his vehicle before the Apple Bowl???

Yes it was his truck that had the tire set on fire. I nearly caused his truck to explode. That was when talks of ending the Apple Bowl was at a peak due to all the outside stuff going on.
Kayaker Wrote:Yes it was his truck that had the tire set on fire. I nearly caused his truck to explode. That was when talks of ending the Apple Bowl was at a peak due to all the outside stuff going on.

I think you need to change this to it because i doubt you tried to make his truck explode.. Thats a pretty funny typing error. Smile :thumpsup:
jc by 14, going to be a good one!!
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next