Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Christmas Tourney in the Mountains?
Which is your favorite? Mine is the Tiger Hoops Classic, they bring in a strong group of in state teams as well as many out of state teams to compete in the tourney. Last year they had the state runner-up, a top team in VA, a good team from TN, to go along with the good local teams. This year they have Russellville, University Heights, Bullit East, Senneca, to go along with the local teams such as Paintsville, Prestonsburg, Morgan Co. Then they have teams from Alabama, TN, Wisconsin and so on. A real good tourney year in and year out. I like this one much better than Johnson Central's, I just wish Central would decide to play in this one again. They have their own, mainly of EKY teams, but along the lines of comepetition Paintsville's is much better. Central didn't have their own until after Paintsville started theirs, for it to be much better they need to get a broader range of teams from across the state instead of just local schools, it would be more interesting.
Paintsville's
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It doesn't matter to me. I prefer Central's... But I'm a Central fan. However, Paintsville does a great job at bringing in good competition from everywhere. I think it's great for Johnson County to showcase what it has to offer to all these teams. It not only brings in money but it shows people we have more to offer than apple day.
Hoops Classic by far
eaglehoops Wrote:I think it's great for Johnson County to showcase what it has to offer to all these teams. It not only brings in money but it shows people we have more to offer than apple day.

Apple Day doesn't offer that much any more. I'd just like to see both teams play in each others tourney, it would help bring in the dollars for both programs.
I'd say the Hoops Classic by far. Here's this years teams.

EAST Division
Paintsville
Brewbaker, AL
Alcoa, TN
Russellville

WEST Division
Tate, FL
East Carter
University Heights
Louisville Seneca

NORTH Division
Prestonsburg
Heath
North Hardin
Ballou, D.C.

SOUTH DIVISION
Morgan County
Louisville Moore
Treasure Coast, FL
Bullitt East

East -vs- North winner
West -vs- South winner
Sounds like Mr. Lyons and his Hoops Staff have done another great job in bringing quality in state and out of state teams to Paintsville. Does anyone know when the last time or why JC hasn't played since the tourneys inception year of 2003.
PHSCARD Wrote:Apple Day doesn't offer that much any more. I'd just like to see both teams play in each others tourney, it would help bring in the dollars for both programs.

When did Apple Day offer very much? Its been the same for over 30 years!!
Old School Wrote:When did Apple Day offer very much? Its been the same for over 30 years!!

Very true!!
Hoops Classic is definately the best for any basketball fan. More games and better teams. It would be nice to see JC back in the Hoops Classic.

Of course the best by far would be simply a "Hoops Classic" with 32 top national and local teams, half of the games played at JC and half at Paintsville, with both schools splitting the pot. That would be great for the County businesses, tourism and both schools, but we all know that a snowball would have a better chance in $%& before that happened.
gotta agree Paintsville's tourny.
PHSCARD Wrote:Does anyone know when the last time or why JC hasn't played since the tourneys inception year of 2003.
Central is invited every year and they played in an Adair County tournament one time and this year, they are playing in the 5th 3rd Bank in Lexington.

Hopefully they can return in '07, if they don't go back to the 5th 3rd.
Hoops Classic by far! I was told that the Ballou, D.C. Team is a Pretty tough team. I got to experience the Hoops Classic for the first time last year and it was awesome. I witnessed some VERY good basketball.

I agree with you EKY Sportster That would be an AWESOME Tourney and Both schools would reap the rewards. BUT, Like you said "Not a snowballs chance". LOL!
Paintsville's Hoops Classic without a doubt!
Here's This Years Kentucky Teams with Last Years Records
Paintsville 21-10
Russellville 10-18
Univ. Heights 21-6
East Carter 12-17
Prestonsburg 15-14
Heath 22-5
North Hardin 10-16
Morgan Co. 22-4
Louisville Moore 14-16
Bullitt East 14-13
Louisville Seneca 10-18
Definitely the Hoops classic......so far.Confusedhh:
Old School Wrote:Here's This Years Kentucky Teams with Last Years Records
Paintsville 21-10
Russellville 10-18
Univ. Heights 21-6
East Carter 12-17
Prestonsburg 15-14
Heath 22-5
North Hardin 10-16
Morgan Co. 22-4
Louisville Moore 14-16
Bullitt East 14-13
Louisville Seneca 10-18

Well, I wonder what some teams records from around this area would be if they played in Louisville, Hardin or U. Heights Districts or Regions? Owensboro Appollo was the State Runners Up last year. So I would say there are so really good teams in that tourney! Classic all the way. :thumpsup:
Moose Nuck Wrote:Does anyone know when the last time or why JC hasn't played since the tourneys inception year of 2003.

I heard Trimble got mad because he and all the other JC teachers weren't allowed to use their coaches card to get in to the games. So being the wonderful minded person he is, he decided to copy Paintsville's new success and hasn't let JC enter it because he wanted his glory and help start the JC Christmas tourney. Kind of like that Cal Ripken Baseball League he got going over there this past year anything with a Paintsville name he's against.
UrBoi Wrote:I heard Trimble got mad because he and all the other JC teachers weren't allowed to use their coaches card to get in to the games.

I know they used to get aggrivated when they tried that at a normal Paintsville vs. Central game at Paintsville. Ms. Christine, one of my favorite people when I was there told me she had problems all the time. She said just about everyone and the custodians had those cards.
UrBoi Wrote:I heard Trimble got mad because he and all the other JC teachers weren't allowed to use their coaches card to get in to the games. So being the wonderful minded person he is, he decided to copy Paintsville's new success and hasn't let JC enter it because he wanted his glory and help start the JC Christmas tourney. Kind of like that Cal Ripken Baseball League he got going over there this past year anything with a Paintsville name he's against.

:lmao:
Old School Wrote::lmao:

Why laughing at your Super? That's the truth, if you ask me he is that one smilely rolling around on that sign, he is a joke.
UrBoi Wrote:Why laughing at your Super? That's the truth, if you ask me he is that one smilely rolling around on that sign, he is a joke.

You don't have a clue :Thumbs:
UrBoi Wrote:Why laughing at your Super? That's the truth, if you ask me he is that one smilely rolling around on that sign, he is a joke.
Man for someone who graduated from Highlands and now lives in Central Ky you sure do act like to know everything that goes on in Paintsville. Rolleyes
ummmmmmmmm
No doubt about it, it's the Paintsville tourny.