•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Ashland Predictions and Bets!
Armchair QB Wrote:When JC blows out Ashland will we still be hearing about strength of Schedule? JC is for real.

No I don't think anyone will be doubting whether or not JC is for real, I think they are one of the best the Region has to offer this season. But people may still talk about their overall record because of how many teams they've played to this point without a winning record.
PHSCARD Wrote:When people on BGP say that JC hasn't played a team yet, all the Eagle posters agree, but when you come over here everyone takes offense to it. Suppose this does happen, Ashland is defeated by JC, and Mason defeats JC the next week. JC and the other two teams would would be in a tie for first in the district. With that being said, going to the point system, JC could end up with a 3rd place finish because of the schedule. Johnson Central has yet to be tested, Ashland has had several tough games up to this point. Against LC I think from seeing all the JC people there, they were looking forward to that game more than the one they were playing. But I still think even though JC has had a walk in the park up to this point, they aren't nearly as beat to death as Ashland, that why JC gets the win in this one.
I've been thinking about this same point for three weeks. JC must win out to host the playoffs. If not your looking at best getting one game at home then having to go to Putnam in round two. JC needs to stat focused take them one at a time ,but win two! Beating Ashland and losing to Mason means 3rd place, no home game and alot tougher road.
Not even gonna be close, there's not gonna be anyone watering down the field this year. Or bad referee calls! HAHAHAHA

JC-35
Ashland-6
SunDoctor Wrote:JC hasn't played anyone? Honestly, lets think about this. JC played South Point, Ohio and held the number 1 ranked QB in Ohio (16th in the nation) to under 100 yards total offense. Jc has also played Belfry. Yes, it was a scrimmage and at the first of the season, but Belfry didn't want any more (27 to 3). As for Ashland playing P-burg, without a couple of turnovers P-burg could have upset the Tomcats. P-burg defeated Paintsville but with a little trouble. JC defeated Paintsville basically in the first half of the Apple Bowl after going on to finish the game 56 to 6. I will give Mason, credit when it is due and with last nights performance against Greenup County it isn't due right now. I think the score was 7 to 0, Mason county. Greenup gave Raceland more fits than Ashland did. I will say that Russell is the only team that Ashland has played that could give JC fits as of right now.

Saying that JChasn't played anyone could very well be a hypocritical statement on anyones part.
Greenup County did the same thing to the QB from South Point.
I don't see this game being as high scoring as most people are predicting.

Johnson Central 13 (extra point wide left)

Ashland 10
It would be nice if they opened up the whole track like they did last Apple Bowl. I hope that they do!!

I would definately say Ashland has had the tougher schedule so far, but it won't matter because JC is like a freight train!! I will say that Ashland is the toughest
to-date opponent for JC, but JC is not going to really be tested until post season. That's when we will know if Matney has a state title calibre team or not.
Can't wait to see it. Was at last years game and it was a dandy! I think JC comes away with the win this time. ^ extra point wide left, LOL, that's funny! Just had to throw that one in there didn't ya. Go get'em Eagles!
Homecoming and Senior night? Thats alot for Ashland to take away friday night.
Ashland-23
Johnson Central-20
:Thumbs:
blackcat_student Wrote:Johnson Central best bring there A game ! Cause honestly they've played No one ! Ashland on the other hand has played Mason Co, Belfry, Russel, Raceland, and Prestonsburg ! So I'll go with the Tomcats !

Ash-24
JC--21 overtime

and i bet you think the best game was prestonsburg and ashlandSmile
Johnson Central! I'd like to see this game.
blackcat_student Wrote:Johnson Central best bring there A game ! Cause honestly they've played No one ! Ashland on the other hand has played Mason Co, Belfry, Russel, Raceland, and Prestonsburg ! So I'll go with the Tomcats !

Ash-24
JC--21 overtime

If P-burg is such a tough opponent, then why did they turn down $10,000 to play JC in the Big Sandy RECC Touchtone Energy Bowl this year. No, they didn't have their schedule full. They were scared that their cat was going to get spayed or nutered if they came into JC.
Well on JC's defense they have to play who is their District. But, they could play a couple different Non-District matchups. Like don't play South Point, try Ironton and why not Belfry? Gotta keep the Paintsville game though. That one is just tradition and too much money.
Tough Turf Wrote:and i bet you think the best game was prestonsburg and ashlandSmile

:dontthink Well I guess you don't get alot of attention so I decided to quote you ! And actually the teams that gave Ashland there best game was Russel and Belfry ! I knew Prestonsburg wasnt gonna beat them !

SunDoctor Wrote:If P-burg is such a tough opponent, then why did they turn down $10,000 to play JC in the Big Sandy RECC Touchtone Energy Bowl this year. No, they didn't have their schedule full. They were scared that their cat was going to get spayed or nutered if they came into JC.

I know why we didnt want to play JC ! Cause no we didnt want to get beat by 20 or 30 points ! Why should you play a school that has 1,100 students ! Against a Public school that has 624 ! JC has 200 more student than every other 3A team in there Region ! Let me ask you a question WHY did JC leave the class 4A? Exactley b/c you didnt want to lose every game either ! I really respected this JC program and you questioned my opinion and try to make me look like a fool makes me not really care to much for the Eagles right now ! All you and Tough Turf are gonna do is get this thread CLOSED ! Plus one of my friends play for the Johnson Central Golden Eagles !
Good Luck to Johnson Central and Ashland !
blackcat_student Wrote:...Let me ask you a question WHY did JC leave the class 4A?

No one at JC made that decision....Those decisions(class rank)are made by the KHSAA not any of us.
All this talk about schedule strength is pointless....Friday night is going to be an all out brawl! There is alot on the line for both teams. As far as JC not getting any respect...I can assure none of our players give a big whoopty@#%* what anyone on here thinks about their abilities. They just let their performance on the field do their talking.

JC-28
Ashland-14

GO EAGLES!!!!!:rockon: :Cheerlead :letsparty :High5:
The class rank is based on the enrollment of the school 1 year prior to the rank. JC's enrollment was down during their last year of 4A play (Matney's first year). For you to be talking so much smack, blackcat, you should at least do you homework.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well on JC's defense they have to play who is their District. But, they could play a couple different Non-District matchups. Like don't play South Point, try Ironton and why not Belfry? Gotta keep the Paintsville game though. That one is just tradition and too much money.
Since you mentioned the Paintsville game from what I've heard Johnson Central has signed there end of the deal but Paintsville has had the contract for three week and they have yet to sign it. So they may not be an Apple Bowl next year unless Paintsville signs on the dotted line.
Should be a physical matchup here. I will take Johnson Central by 2 TD's 35-21. With the home field advantage and the festivities taking place, the Eagles will be extra pumped for this one.
Does anyone know if JC has had an intra-squad scrimmage during their week off? Coach LeMaster always done that with us on our week off to try to prevent us from getting rusty. You definately don't want to come out rusty in the biggest game of the season. No matter how pumped you may be, its different than having the start O going against the scout team compared to game like action.
AshlandTcat06 Wrote:Not at all. I like it that they've scheduled us for homecoming, and in fact, we've done the same thing before. In 2003, we scheduled Mason County (Who went 12-2 and won the region that year) for our homecoming game (which we lost 25-14). Back to the answer, I think it will make the game mean that much more, and it should make for an even better atmosphere.

As for the game, I know this Johnson Central team has played a weak schedule, but I also know that this team is very dangerous, and regardless of what type of schedule they play, they're going to win a lot of games.

Shawn Grimm (Who is putting up numbers that are comparable to Ron Blume's numbers from last year) and Blake Johnson (Who caused us problems last year) are enough to give any defense fits. The Eagles are going to be fired up for this game since it is their homecoming AND senior night, and they're looking for revenge from last year. We HAVE to match their intensity. If not, it could make for a really long game.

I've never been to Johnson Central to see a game and I have a feeling this will be a hostile environment, but I think we know what's at stake here and I feel that we will match the intensity of the Eagles. I'll take my Tomcats in a nail biter.

My prediction:

Ashland- 20
Johnson Central- 14

I look for this to be a hard fought battle! Go Tomcats! :redboxer:

WELL PUT!!!!! I think JC is in for a shock!!
:moon:
I never want threads closed. You have a friend on JC's team this year?

blackcat_student Wrote::dontthink Well I guess you don't get alot of attention so I decided to quote you ! And actually the teams that gave Ashland there best game was Russel and Belfry ! I knew Prestonsburg wasnt gonna beat them !

I know why we didnt want to play JC ! Cause no we didnt want to get beat by 20 or 30 points ! Why should you play a school that has 1,100 students ! Against a Public school that has 624 ! JC has 200 more student than every other 3A team in there Region ! Let me ask you a question WHY did JC leave the class 4A? Exactley b/c you didnt want to lose every game either ! I really respected this JC program and you questioned my opinion and try to make me look like a fool makes me not really care to much for the Eagles right now ! All you and Tough Turf are gonna do is get this thread CLOSED ! Plus one of my friends play for the Johnson Central Golden Eagles !
JC by 2tds
I can't wait until Friday. I can say this: US 23 will look alot longer going home. Good Luck, Eagles!!!
Ashland takes the eagles off their podium, with a team much better than jc has played all year.
Elm street Wrote:Ashland takes the eagles off their podium, with a team much better than jc has played all year.

Takes JC off their podium? Please, Ashland got beat by RACELAND!!!
Raceland is 7-1, and defeated Ashland in the season opener by 5, 21-16. They are a real strong Class A team only losing to Lexington Christian, which lost two games, a close one to Corbin at Corbin and blown out by a solid Mercer Co. team, doesn't say much about Ashland, but it does justify that Raceland isn't a bad ball club. If the two would've met later in the season the outcome could've been diffrent.
Moose Nuck Wrote:Raceland is 7-1, and defeated Ashland in the season opener by 5, 21-16. They are a real strong Class A team only losing to Lexington Christian, which lost two games, a close one to Corbin at Corbin and blown out by a solid Mercer Co. team, doesn't say much about Ashland, but it does justify that Raceland isn't a bad ball club. If the two would've met later in the season the outcome could've been diffrent.

Yeh, It would've been different!! We underestimated Raceland's suprisingly strong ball team. The first game of the season is always a gut check!:yikes:
Hey This Seems Familiar Oh Yeah LAST year Go ahead Talk Smack All You Want Leon Hart is a great Coach and if he stays Long Enogh will become a KY high School Legend He will Have The tomcats Ready nad As for Johnson Central They Have Played NO-ONE since no-one on there schedule has a winning record Where Ashland Has Played Belfry Whose Seniors Have Been 2 2 state finals and a semi-final Russell Defending State Champs And Kasey Clark A Mr. Football Canidate If @ a different school The Atmospere Will not Intemidate Them either As They Have Played IN Regional Championships Rivalries And Playoff Games @ Putnam So i Think The JC Faithful Need to stop being so confident and give ashland credit they are rolling now and stii havent played a complete game so the eagles better be careful on friday

My Prediction- One Hell Of A Game
I am a RUSSELL supporter all the way, but this is not the same ASHLAND team that got beat by Raceland,,,,,,,,, They are much improved and had a close game against Belfry, Russell and Mason............ quality teams..... I do know that this game should be a hell of a game too............... I can see this being a CAT/BIRD fight, when the feathers clear and the whiskers are gone.. I see the most physical team being on top...
That would mean that "____________________" wins............
(insert Ashland name here) ^
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next