•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 35-Belfry 29..Overtime
NYY10 Wrote:Belfry will still get the #1 spot because SC has 2 district lost's and Pburg has 1 I belive

please tell me how sc has 2 districts losses....you can't b/c they don't....they have one...and its to p-burg....thats the only district loss and you are right belfry does have one district loss to us...
Good job cards!
5 weeks till we do it again
congrats cards are a well needed big win over belfry....8 years is way to long to go with out a win over belfry....and not taking away from belfry b/c they have a great them...they are very quick...but they better team won tonight ....oh and lets see...i bet the belfry fans wouldn't be complaining if that fumble call was turned around and went their way and they got the win....you can't blame the refs in a game like this...don't take away from boys hard work....the cards won the game...not the refs....great job cards....and good luck to both teams....
I meant to say earlier I dont think Shelby Valley can beet Belfry.
First, I must say congrads on the win for SC. They played hard with lots of heart and they deserved to win this ballgame. There was some questionable calls from the refs IMO BUT if Belfry would have locked up and tackled they wouldnt have been in the position to be affected by those calls. Haywood punting on 4th and 1 was questionable. I must say I have watched Belfry Football for 30 years and I cant believe the lack of heart in this team. They are relying on the reputation of former Belfry teams to win these games. IF you want to win you make your own reputation by going out and playing every down. Belfry overlooked SC. SC come to play Belfry came to gain a W without the effort.
I must say that IF Belfry plays SC,Again ,,,,Hager had better keep his butt off the field!!!!
Rocky Wrote:I must say that IF Belfry plays SC,Again ,,,,Hager had better keep his butt off the field!!!!

What is that supposed to mean?
yea what does that mean...
IMO They mean that at most games they make the coaches stay off the field. I do believe they had to keep telling him to get off the field last year and last night he stayed on the field (at the rock) with nothing being said. But I'm just guessing...
BelfryJustice Wrote:It is so funny that fans of both teams can go and watch the best game of the year with what appears to be two very evenly matched teams and say the other is overrated and all the other crap that has been said about each team. Some of you people need to enjoy what you just witnessed and get ready for another battle in a few weeks to claim the war! There was nothing said on the internet feed about May crossing the goal line, but the fumble or what ever it was on the first drive by Sheldon Clark was mentioned a lot as questionable. That is part of the game and everything is not going to be called. I have more concern about the let down by Belfry than anything else in this game. Belfry just might not be as good an many wanted to believe before this game, but Sheldon Clark isn’t much better from what I heard by listening to this game. I now think that both teams have a great deal of work to do before either one will bring a title back to eastern Kentucky. There are three teams that I can name that might be head and shoulders above Belfry and Sheldon Clark in Western, Russell and Mercer. As far as Haywood goes, he will have to answer if he feels as if he made any mistakes in this game. I think that if he did, we as Belfry fans will be able to forgive him based on the success that he has brought to this program and community. Let us spend a little time talking about what we like about the other team and not what we dislike! Sheldon Clark appears to have some of the best backs in the area as well as Belfry. Both programs have a great coach that is in charge of them. I have a great deal of respect for Shawn Hager and the Sheldon Clark program. The all time record may be in favor of Belfry, but as a Belfry fan, I know that you are in for a game every time you meet Sheldon Clark. That is out of respect for their program. Congratulations to Sheldon Clark on a hard fought battle and the win. This can do so much for your program, ride the momentum and enjoy it!

Great post
Belfry Wins Wrote:They was complaining about the fumble when we was in the lead also. I still say anyone that says that call didnt make a difference is out of their mind. It allowed themt o drive and score a TD take away the 7 they got and no TD no overtime. You are right though it should not have came down to that call. Belfry beat their self. When we get in the backfield and tackle we need to wrap up and bring them down. But like I said this loss just woke up a football team IMO. Better to loose now than in November. Ive talked to a couple of the boys and families of the players since lastnight and they say the boys have fire in their eyes. And that is something we havent really had this year.

I have to agree. I dont think everyone is making excuses or blaming the refs about the whole game as some of SC would like to say and think but that one was BAD and yes it was big because it did allow them to go ahead and score. Thus no tie ball game. It was funny watching sports overtime when they were announcing the recaps and came upon that play LOL his voice completely changed when he had to say the words.

BUT SC fought hard and played an excellent game and never gave up with Belfry so far ahead. Belfry played good then seemed to lay down. You can never assume a win and maybe they didn't I dont know but they let the cards come back and where was the tackles?? Ive definetely seen them play better.

Congrats Cards...you came to win
Havn't been on here in awhile, but Adam Dials made me get on here. One word to describe him, tough. Congrats to the Cards and Coach Hager, the cards showed a ton of heart not giving up and coming back which is a direct reflection of the Coach. The most intense competitor i've ever met, enjoy the win you guys deserve it. A coaching staff and kids that make the whole community proud. Great Job!
WOW...congrats SC
kysportsguru Wrote:what happened here!!!!!!!
sounds like Belfry fell dead in the second half after being up 29-6 at half.
I can't believe this, and that makes a four way tie for tops in the district
between SV, Belfry, P-Burg, and SC.
No. It makes a 3 way tie. Where in the world would you get that SV is in there.
No way Belfry should be blaming this game on the refs. Congrats to Sheldon Clark. If this was the best the Pirates could play, then I want say good job.

Sheldon Clark played smashmouth ball and ran it down the throat of the Pirates. Either Belfry needs to put more size on the defensive front or the kids who are playing need to buck up.

These two teams will likely meet again come 2nd week of the playoffs.

I listened to the game over the radio. I will say this. It seems Hager played to win, pulling out all the stops. Several trick plays and different looks by the Cards. Belfry seemed content to run the fullback dive play after play. I'm not sure if Haywood was trying to hold back or what, but regardless the Cardinals made every big play they had to. It was a black night for Belfry fans.
LovetheBucs Wrote:No way Belfry should be blaming this game on the refs. Congrats to Sheldon Clark. If this was the best the Pirates could play, then I want say good job.

Sheldon Clark played smashmouth ball and ran it down the throat of the Pirates. Either Belfry needs to put more size on the defensive front or the kids who are playing need to buck up.

These two teams will likely meet again come 2nd week of the playoffs.

I listened to the game over the radio. I will say this. It seems Hager played to win, pulling out all the stops. Several trick plays and different looks by the Cards. Belfry seemed content to run the fullback dive play after play. I'm not sure if Haywood was trying to hold back or what, but regardless the Cardinals made every big play they had to. It was a black night for Belfry fans.

Nice post.

I dont think most Belfry Fans are blaming the loss on the refs. You will have some at Every school who do that with Every loss though. Theres always going to be missed calls usually on both sides. But there was one big play that has been mentioned far and wide thats an issue lol well you would have had to have been there or watched the film.

The Cards come to win and didn't give up :thumpsup:
For the record....the fumble, that you Belfy fans are screaming about, was actually recovered by an SC player.....they called him down on the play and did not rule a funmble, but had they ruled a fumble....SC would have still kept the ball.....let it go people...let it go...
corndog23 Wrote:For the record....the fumble, that you Belfy fans are screaming about, was actually recovered by an SC player.....they called him down on the play and did not rule a funmble, but had they ruled a fumble....SC would have still kept the ball.....let it go people...let it go...
I agree. If your up that many points you cant blame a call like this causing you the game, especially when it was in the first quarter. I know the pirates will bounce back and be tougher than ever. I must say, whatever the outcome, it was one of the best games that I have watched.
I'm a Belfry fan to the end. But all the Belfry fans that keep bringing up the call need to just get off it. Especially if SC recovered it. The fact i that Belfry was up 29-7 and they managed to blow it and lose. I went to Belfry from 2001-2005 and I don't recall us losing a lead like that to anybody. Deffinitely not the last two years. This team did what you can never do. They came into the game assuming they were going to win. They really assumed it once they got the big lead. And then they blew it. I listened to it on the radio..but it sounded to me like on Belfry's last drive of regulation that Corey Chapman dropped a pass that could've lead to a touchdown. And on the drive before that Belfry was moving forward and in the process of trying to run clock Belfry got a delay of game penalty and we started moving back from there. Belfry stopped playing to win and started playing not to lose. In overtime we had it 4th and goal with a foot to go for a touchdown. I know some people say May got in some say he didn't. But officially he didn't. Start looking at the things we did or didn't do and forget about the fumble.
Hopefully this loss will wake the team up and make them play some better football. We can't go into each game thinking that just because it says BELFRY on that jersey that other teams are gonna roll over for us. When a team looks on their schedule and see they're playing Belfry they circle it and they realize they're gonna have to play their best ballgame of the year right there. And most times they do. Now we're gonna have to do the same. Hopefully this loss helps us in the win and we don't lose again..hopefully...GO PIRATES!!
Coach noone is complaining just stating the obvious. And this Belfry team will be fine I guarantee you that we needed this loss and I feel that a really good football team just got woke up and has the fire they have been missing all season.
How come when someone loses, all they do is complain about the refs? Which I know some people from Belfry did and will, because its human nature. BUT when Belfry loses, MOST are thankful that it will wake them up and help them later on in the season? This just shows how much class this program has and why I always will respect the Belfry Pirates.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
For anyone who was at the game, did we send more beef in on the defensive front at any point? It seemed that Sheldon Clark was able to push our D front off the ball. I know Hickman usually plays a DT spot and am wondering if we substituted at all.
BC75 Wrote:How come when someone loses, all they do is complain about the refs? Which I know some people from Belfry did and will, because its human nature. BUT when Belfry loses, MOST are thankful that it will wake them up and help them later on in the season? This just shows how much class this program has and why I always will respect the Belfry Pirates.

I also have Full Respect for that Program ! They never complain and never make bad posts ! After a loss they go get ready for the Next game !
DAVIS_MSU Wrote:SHELDON CLARK WINS....I'm adam davis...who ever don't like me...well who cares....we win...im so happy........i HAte you...sheldon clark rocks
dont be a hater adam davis
i am for the cards lets party:letsparty
I'm not sure if anyone has explained the fumble sitituation yet but Harless told me Friday night after the game that the ref may have made a bad call when he blew him down but he had control of football on the ground between two of Belfry's players. Another thing as I've seen alot of ref bashing, how can you not put the blame on your team. I seen numerous things that Belfry could have done differently that could have sealed the deal even after the SC climbed back into the game. With probably 1 minute left they run a slant/out route and the spilt end drops a pass which he would have been gone to the end zone. Couple plays later they run the same play but chose to throw to the out route to a wide open Chapman and he drops no doubt the game winner. SC had a linebacker covering him and Chapman had him beat by 3-4 yards.
Congrads cards on the win,hope to see you again.Very disapointed in the way our team played.I've got to say sheldon clarks backs are as good as anyones,you cant arm tackle them their feet dont stop moving,you have to bring them down with force or their gone. I was very impressed with dials & also Hager because he can get his team pumped up better than any coach that i've seen.
congrats to sc better luck next year belfry
warriorpride Wrote:congrats to sc better luck next year belfry
They'll met again.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next