•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 35-Belfry 29..Overtime
congrats Cards Im Behind Ya:redboxer:
If SC was any better... Wait they can't be...
What about the Cardinals? Them Pirates didn't whop a** tonight did they. They had this one coming.
Maybe this will be a wake up call for Belfry.
Wow, sounds like this was quite a game. Congrats to Sheldon Clark on a HUGE victory and good luck to both teams on the rest of the year.
bat masterson is correct, Belfry is currently in first
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Let's be serious now!!!!! We all know who the best team was,,,Loved those calls by the Refs!!!
SC is a better team than I anticipated seeing, and I knew it was going to be a good game.

I have to be the sour puss and bring up the "bad calls" tonight though. There was a fumble early on SC's TD drive in the first Q which we recovered, was clearly a fumble, and which the refs gave the ball to SC.

On 3rd and 4th in OT it looked like we were in the end zone from where I was standing (directly across the goal line) and we were not credited with the TD. A photographer was there as well, so there might be pictoral evidence.

I don't mean to take anything away from SC, they played a scrappy game and didn't fold when they were down late, but IMO the game was handed to them in OT. Now, who knows, maybe we would have missed our PAT and they'd have gotten theirs and it wouldn't have made a difference. And Dials DID run in untouched on their first play in OT, but AFTER we'd had 2 scores refused us.

I'm sure we'll be seeing a rematch in a month or so though. Best of luck Cards.

Also, this game was as good as if not better than the Ashland game. It sucks that the exciting games are the ones we lose. I was very impressed with Dials and Kelly, and I've always loved watching them run the ball. I just feel like something was taken from us tonight, not the game, per se, but our chance in it.
Congrats Cards
Rocky Wrote:Let's be serious now!!!!! We all know who the best team was,,,Loved those calls by the Refs!!!

Yea man..Belfry got cheated..thats the way it always is isnt it? (scarcastic)
It shows that the ball was caused by ground on WYMT and I clearly saw that the ball did not cross during OT.
Sarrr Wrote:SC is a better team than I anticipated seeing, and I knew it was going to be a good game.

I have to be the sour puss and bring up the "bad calls" tonight though. There was a fumble early on SC's TD drive in the first Q which we recovered, was clearly a fumble, and which the refs gave the ball to SC.

On 3rd and 4th in OT it looked like we were in the end zone from where I was standing (directly across the goal line) and we were not credited with the TD. A photographer was there as well, so there might be pictoral evidence.

I don't mean to take anything away from SC, they played a scrappy game and didn't fold when they were down late, but IMO the game was handed to them in OT. Now, who knows, maybe we would have missed our PAT and they'd have gotten theirs and it wouldn't have made a difference. And Dials DID run in untouched on their first play in OT, but AFTER we'd had 2 scores refused us.

I'm sure we'll be seeing a rematch in a month or so though. Best of luck Cards.

Also, this game was as good as if not better than the Ashland game. It sucks that the exciting games are the ones we lose. I was very impressed with Dials and Kelly, and I've always loved watching them run the ball. I just feel like something was taken from us tonight, not the game, per se, but our chance in it.

Umm..no man..I was in on both of those plays in ot..I actually was in on the tackle on belfry's last give to Dustin May..he wasnt over
grats sc on the win and i see i was right. i told u haters to watch out
I do say this: 3 calls bad on haywoods part!! Dont run "G" up the middle, Thats 1. 4th and 1 run the damned ball "Dont punt it away" that's 2. When there is 2 min. on the clock and it's tied and it's third down on about the 35, Don't PASS- "FIELD GOAL" Hoss can do it!!!!!
i think the last time sc beat belfry was....................................... tonight
TheyKnowMe Wrote:It shows that the ball was caused by ground on WYMT and I clearly saw that the ball did not cross during OT.

The ball was out on the fumble before the kid went down. There was another fumble later which was caused by the ground, so it wasn't a fumble (IIRC, early 4th Q)

And I clearly saw that the ball DID cross during OT. BOTH times. I'm the fat guy smoking a Marlboro Menthol Light in the black leather jacket with the bad haircut and in need of a shave. I was parallel to the goal line.
Rocky Wrote:I do say this: 3 calls bad on haywoods part!! Dont run "G" up the middle, Thats 1. 4th and 1 run the damned ball "Dont punt it away" that's 2. When there is 2 min. on the clock and it's tied and it's third down on about the 35, Don't PASS- "FIELD GOAL" Hoss can do it!!!!!

I think thats the "First" time I've ever seen someone say Coach Haywood made bad calls ! WOW !
Ya know what, heck with it. See ya'll in about 4 or 5 weeks. I'm not arguing about this any more.
Sarrr Wrote:The ball was out on the fumble before the kid went down. There was another fumble later which was caused by the ground, so it wasn't a fumble (IIRC, early 4th Q)

And I clearly saw that the ball DID cross during OT. BOTH times. I'm the fat guy smoking a Marlboro Menthol Light in the black leather jacket with the bad haircut and in need of a shave. I was parallel to the goal line.

No it didnt dude...He was close..But didnt make it over..maybe if u were in the play Like I were u would have seen it from my perspective..
We are glad you were there (since you have told us SEVERAL times), and I think you've made your point...!!!Confusedhh:

Victor Charlie Wrote:No it didnt dude...He was close..But didnt make it over..maybe if u were in the play Like I were u would have seen it from my perspective..
Rocky Wrote:I do say this: 3 calls bad on haywoods part!! Dont run "G" up the middle, Thats 1. 4th and 1 run the damned ball "Dont punt it away" that's 2. When there is 2 min. on the clock and it's tied and it's third down on about the 35, Don't PASS- "FIELD GOAL" Hoss can do it!!!!!

I agree on 2, and maybe 3. Not 1 though. G can run the ball anywhere.

I'd have rather seen Hoss kicking a FG than us throwing an INT, I know that.
Sarrr Wrote:The ball was out on the fumble before the kid went down. There was another fumble later which was caused by the ground, so it wasn't a fumble (IIRC, early 4th Q)

Well maybe you are crosseyed cause I was out on the field.

Wow i don't even know why they have this Haywood guy when they could have you as head coach. All of his experience is just clouding his judgement. Those state championships, nothing, heck you probally could have had 10 rings by now.
Sarrr Wrote:Ya know what, heck with it. See ya'll in about 4 or 5 weeks. I'm not arguing about this any more.

I agree.........

GO BIG RED!!!!!
I was there and they ball did not cross the line, Sorry Sarr but no excuses in this game.
I was on that goal line as well!! He was OVER!! But "O" well, Belfry will play SC again and the outcome will be Much different! Ya dont have a 22 point lead on a team and lose,unless somthing Was kinda odd!!!
I was wrong, and that's all I can say. Congrats SC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rocky Wrote:I was on that goal line as well!! He was OVER!! But "O" well, Belfry will play SC again and the outcome will be Much different! Ya dont have a 22 point lead on a team and lose,unless somthing Was kinda odd!!!

If you are saying the refs was helping a big LOL on you.
TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
I will say that this only makes Belfry twice as good now, and that if they meet again I see a very different outcome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Repeat of the Russell game last year!
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next