Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 06-07
PHS Should Win the 15th region this year. I would hope they would come together and make a trip to Rupp at least once in their career. This team has been and is a hard working team, Well-coached, and the MOST-talented team in the region. They deserve a shot at Rupp. The team has to listen to the MAN that will get them there, Bill Mike Runyon. Not Landon, JD, Van, Blake, or Grimm.
Good luck to you on the up-coming season!
i agree....good post jchsrulz
Ridge Runner Wrote:Should be an exciting team to watch. Can't wait till The Hoops Classic. I love going and watching those games. Some Very Good teams come in for that. Great Tourney!
There will be some very good teams.

Treasure Coast, FL
University Heights
Alcoa, TN
Heath
Brewbaker, AL
Russellville
North Hardin
Louisville Seneca
Bullitt East
Toledo Woodward, OH
Morgan County
East Carter
Louisville Moore
Tate, FL
Prestonsburg
Paintsville
pburg played Louisville Seneca last yr in a tournament , very good game. But I think seneca came out on top. But seneca isnt anything to be scared of.
OffTheHook Wrote:Thank You PHSCARD. I guess I must quote what I said sinse he didn't take the time to read it.
I said, and I quote "They are the DUKE of the 15th Region! What I mean by that is everybody wants to see them beat! " un-quote.
I think that is pretty clear. Nothing else should be taken from that. It means what it says and that's all. :dontthink

No from the way I took what he said is right more teams wanted to see Valley lose.
I think Paintsville is a above average team. They could be a great team when the come out and play together. As far as them being head and shoulders above the rest of the teams in the 15th, I wouldnt say that. Isnt it the same team that lost two or three games in the 15th region summer league just a few months ago? I know people are going to say summer league dont count. They are right as far as records goes. But do you think the players are going to say that it doesnt matter to them if they win or lose?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:No from the way I took what he said is right more teas wanted to see Valley lose.
That's exactly what I meant. Shelby Valley has by far been the best team year in and year out in the 15th region the last 10 years, not Paintsville.
rooster Wrote:That's exactly what I meant. Shelby Valley has by far been the best team year in and year out in the 15th region the last 10 years, not Paintsville.

Well apparently I just wasn't plain enough. But, I NEVER mentioned Paintsville be a better team than anyone. It doesn't matter wether they have a winning record or not. People still want to beat them! Is that plain enough? :thumpsup:
OffTheHook Wrote:Well apparently I just wasn't plain enough. But, I NEVER mentioned Paintsville be a better team than anyone. It doesn't matter wether they have a winning record or not. People still want to beat them! Is that plain enough? :thumpsup:
PEOPLE WANT TO BEAT THEM CAUSE NOBODY RESPECTS THEM, THEIR ASSHOLES, COCKY ASSHOLES.
Justin Credible Wrote:pburg played Louisville Seneca last yr in a tournament , very good game. But I think seneca came out on top. But seneca isnt anything to be scared of.
Seneca has been in the final 4 every year the tournament has been played. They've been runner up twice and finished in 4th place this past tournament. Paintsville beat them in a great game last year. I'm not for sure what kind of team that they have coming back, but I'm sure they will be a talented bunch, as they always are. Prestonsburg never played Seneca last year according to khsaa.org. They're not on the schedule. They did play Louisville Holy Cross however.
rooster Wrote:That's exactly what I meant. Shelby Valley has by far been the best team year in and year out in the 15th region the last 10 years, not Paintsville.

Most teams love to beat Paintsville and Shelby Valley. Just look at all the negative attention either school gets on here!

It doesn't matter which is better over the last 10 years, they both have bulls-eyes on them when they play.
phsblackcats Wrote:PEOPLE WANT TO BEAT THEM CAUSE NOBODY RESPECTS THEM, THEIR ASSHOLES, COCKY ASSHOLES.

:thatsfunn Couldn't help but get a kick out of this one, I agree that no one respects them, but to say everyone from Paintsville is a-holes is a bit of a stretch. Yes every school will have people with an extra swagger about themselves, but just because a few act this way doesn't mean that all of them are.

I wouldn't say the last 10 years, last 5-6 years is more like it.
PHS doesn't have any trouble scoring, they just struggle stopping other teams from scoring, also. Plus, from what I have gathered, Pugh isn't going to play and he was a great defender(leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else on the team) so PHS may be forced to "outscore" their oppenents. So I predict that teams will slow down the tempo and force PHS to play defense. Runyon should have the depth this year to wear teams down, let's just see if he uses it.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:PHS doesn't have any trouble scoring, they just struggle stopping other teams from scoring, also. Plus, from what I have gathered, Pugh isn't going to play and he was a great defender(leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else on the team) so PHS may be forced to "outscore" their oppenents. So I predict that teams will slow down the tempo and force PHS to play defense. Runyon should have the depth this year to wear teams down, let's just see if he uses it.
I dont know about the depth statement. I know they picked up Ferguson but from what I have heard they are losing Daniel Pugh, Daniel Meade, and Travis Ison.
rooster Wrote:I dont know about the depth statement. I know they picked up Ferguson but from what I have heard they are losing Daniel Pugh, Daniel Meade, and Travis Ison.

VanHoose, Grimm, Bundy, Slone, Ferguson, Pack, Stafford, and Meek COULD all contribute.
OffTheHook Wrote:I hope they win it! They are the DUKE of the 15th Region! What I mean by that is everybody wants to see them beat! But, I like them because they are scrappy and never give up! No matter what they have ever year you better be ready. Because they come to play night in and night out! I would love to be on a team like that, were people cheer like crazy when they beat ya and when you beat them you break their hearts and piss them off! LOL! I love it when I get the chance to watch them and I get to see the crowds faces and reactions when the Tigers roll into town and break their hearts! All you hear is BMR has the refs in his pocket or they always get the calls. It's hilarious to listen to people just cry and cry! LOL!!! Sorry everybody, I just had to say how I felt! Go Tigers! Still one of the biggest drawing games, no matter where you play!
Lol this is my favorite post on this site of all time b/c it is so true!!
The Tigers are overated once again.I think they will flop again this year and not even make it out of the 57th district!!!! Remember you heard it here first!!!!
I don't think that they are overated...they do have the best team on paper...but they can't play together...I think they will make it to the Expo Center but not to far after that.
That is key, can they play together? They aren't overated as far as talent. But team chemistry is crucial. Daniel Pugh is a great defender, but not a great shooter. If he chooses not to play, the talent loss will hurt, but it may help the chemistry. It takes team work to win ballgames. The NBA Dream Team has found out that talent alone can't win. IF BMR and the Tigers can overcome that hurdle, then they should be in Rupp. Otherwise, it will be another disappointing year of talent wasted.
Everyone seems to agree that Paintsville needs to play together to win. But there is another flaw in their game they need to work on. Paintsville does not like a physical game played against them. If a team was to try to run up and down the floor, and get in a shooting contest/running game with them. They would beat almost any team they go against. If you slow them down, take away the running game and beat and bang on them, they are not the team they should be. Shelby Valley proved that in summer ball this year when they beat them by 14-16 points, I cant remember the final score.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
whos shelby valleys big man?
Justin Credible Wrote:whos shelby valleys big man?

They dont have one. The whole team played them physical....
the tigers look like the best team on paper lets just hopeit transfers to the hardwood.
Well i guess once again the tigers are on top of the rankings, maybe this year the will live up to the hype, maybe they will finally go back to RUPP
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:They dont have one. The whole team played them physical....

They have two big guys...but the main one is Ashley Hatfield who is around 6'2 or 6'3..pretty athletic freshmen...goes after the ball very well...the other big guy...Kurby Tackett..is around 6'3 also.
If it is true that Daniel Pugh isn't playing then Paintsville's defense is gonna take a major blow. He was by far the best defensive player they had last year, probably the best in the region.
They were a much better team without Pugh. He can't get along with these guys. He needs to focus on football and boxing.
Nike Man Wrote:They were a much better team without Pugh. He can't get along with these guys. He needs to focus on football and boxing.

It wasn't that he couldn't get along with them. He tried to get along with those boys but they wanted nothing of it. The fact of the matter is, if they don't have Pugh last year Paintsville loses quite a few more games than they already did. Defense wins championships and Pugh was the only one who played any D. I was at many of Paintsville's games last year and it was never Daniel I heard fans complaining about. There is no excuse for why those boys didn't come out and play every game like they did at Johnson Central when Paintsville ran them out of their own gym and all 6 of Paintsville's regulars hit double-figures. That looked alot better then seein one boy trying to do everything himself.
Redneck Wrote:It wasn't that he couldn't get along with them. He tried to get along with those boys but they wanted nothing of it. The fact of the matter is, if they don't have Pugh last year Paintsville loses quite a few more games than they already did. Defense wins championships and Pugh was the only one who played any D. I was at many of Paintsville's games last year and it was never Daniel I heard fans complaining about. There is no excuse for why those boys didn't come out and play every game like they did at Johnson Central when Paintsville ran them out of their own gym and all 6 of Paintsville's regulars hit double-figures. That looked alot better then seein one boy trying to do everything himself.
For one time I agree with you on something. Pugh was not the problem last year. You have one bad apple over there that corrupts the whole bunch.