Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think there should be a topic for Girl's Softball.
Name some of the top softball players for this upcoming year.

1.Jamie Baldridge- East Ridge
2. Tabita Case-Shelby Valley
3. Katlin Ratliff-East Ridge
4. Ashley Hall- Shelby Valley
5. Mira Looney-East Ridge
6. Alesha Stanley- Shelby Valley
A "topic" or a "forum" with "threads" for discussion? If you're thinking softball should have it's own "forum" for discussions... I agree.
IISnakE Wrote:A "topic" or a "forum" with "threads" for discussion? If you're thinking softball should have it's own "forum" for discussions... I agree.

There is a softball forum. Go to the bottom of the page!!
Just to name a few more good players next year: Brittany Branham - Belfry, Haley Ratliff Pike Cent. Morgan Keene Phelps, Erica Blankenship Phelps Kayla Lowe PIke Cent. Kourtni Hatfield Belfry Jennifer Maynard Belfry Taylor Keene Phelps. I do agree that SV, ER, and Pikeville still have alot of talent still left, but I think the 60th district will be a little stronger this year coming. I think that Phelps lost only 1 starter, Pike Central lost only one starter and Belfry lost 2 starters.
ERblue4ever Wrote:Name some of the top softball players for this upcoming year.

What a surprise from ERblueforever? No Pikeville players????????

Also, you aren't paying attention again ERblue, there is a softball forum!!!!
Who will be pitching for ER, SV and Pikeville?
Can 14th region players be mentioned also..if so I know a few...
Let 'em fly baller. The topic wasn't geared specifically to one region, the site is trying to become more and more diverse within each sport and their followers so please feel free to name players from ANY district or region.

They Should.
Mark it down that Johnson Central will play into the mix this year in the 15th. After that i'd have to say the the powers will still be there SV, Pikevile, ER.
lawrence county will have retuning pitchers kelsey caudill and rebecca stansbury who will be among the top pitchers in the region.lawrence will have a tough time finding a replacement for all state ss brittney schaeffer who is now playing for the eastern ky university softball team and cf keisha bowen who is playing for morehead state.they have a fundamentally sound team that will be in the region hunt once again.
I think for Johnson Central Brogan Conley is a great pitcher, especially to be young. Also another play i'm looking foward to seeing is Jesikah Russell for paintsville. I want to see how she does this year, she has her on and off times..but when shes on shes awesome.
I agree PHS if JC would let her throw she would be a dandy. Maybe the best athelet in our region. They will be tough regardless of where she plays.
ERblue4ever Wrote:Name some of the top softball players for this upcoming year.

I believe you meant Caitlyn Case (SS), Gina Hall©, and Ashleigh Stanley(P,OF). You could have easily named Kayla Cantrell and Esther Fleming to the list. As for Pikeville, Kylie Schmidt is one of the best athletes in the region. And they do return a number of fundamental players with a lot of experience from last year. Softball in the 15th has travelled miles...SV defeated DuPont Manuel and Laure County last season and competed with Henderson Co. and South Laurel in the state tournament, while Pikeville advanced to the Final 4 in the All-A state tournament. ER's little leaguers are growning up, and they can play. Johnson Central, Lawrence, and Magoffin will be tough in the 57th. Prestonsburg and Allen Central appear to be the early favorites in the 58th. SV, ER, and Pikeville should be a toss up...but remember SV knows how to win the big games. The 60th has dropped off somewhat, but Belfry should continue to control the District. The 2007 15th Regional Champion will probably call the 57th or 59th District home. Enjoy the winter...but dream of spring...
lets split these er, pikeville, and sv teams up in districts. I mean with the exception of Belfry, these 3 have been the top dogs the past 4 or 5 years. Every one one of them is denied a trip to region, and every year each team could win it just as easily as the other.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:lets split these er, pikeville, and sv teams up in districts. I mean with the exception of Belfry, these 3 have been the top dogs the past 4 or 5 years. Every one one of them is denied a trip to region, and every year each team could win it just as easily as the other.

Alas, even if you split them up...only one still could win! Not having all three in the regional tournament is shameful, but it is the way it is...
Heather Click of Knott Central. Plays short stop...a darn good player...has broken just about every school record there is to break at KCC except stolen bases and has broken a few state records. Such as highest batting average for one season which was a little over 600 last year. She didnt strike out once last year.
You left out Nancy Dotson of Belfry...she is the #1 pitcher returning for the Belfry squad this year
will Belfry have a regional contended team this year? They are very capable i am sure because they have girls who went to state with them as freshmen and sophmores.
It's funny that you mention Belfry as a contender. I just talked to the coach last night at the football game. He told me that they are still a year away from being a strong contender, but feels they are in the top four right know. He also told me that they are playing in tournaments at Frankfort and travel to Nelson County to play a couple of games. Sounds to me that he is serious about getting Belfry back to state.Confusedhh:
Talked with Belfry's Coach about an hour ago, discussion for the Little League to add Senior League and Big League to their Junior League program. He and I agree, it will only give Belfry HS a boost in the future. But I agree with Sportsfreak2 Belfry will not be a strong contender for a couple years
It's good that Belfry is going to be good...I'm friends with most of the players, but y does everyone talk about former state contenders or good teams...Couldn't you look toward the underdogs for a change?!?!?...I have played softball for Phelps since my 7th grade year and this year is going to b by far the best of them all...We only lost one senior and we have two Great new players arriving not counting some others...Alot has happened to this team in the past season to make these girls try as hard as they can...And it will b hard for this district this year...The games will actually be close for a change between Belfry, Pike Central, and Phelps
If Sheldon Clark could find a consistant pitcher then they could also be a contener in the region... they shouldnt be far behind belfry... Phelps... they will be a team to watch for as well... I agree with Catcher 7... underdogs are capable of anything..
Yea.. phelps should be a contender in the 60th this year.... but its goin to take some work and I think our players are willing to put their time and effort into it... so dont be suprised when we show up at regions.
i look for shelby valley to be strong this year. even with the loss of bentley they still have one of the best coaches in the state. the warriors should still have a pretty strong infield-minus the loss of their first baseman...also take into account they will have roughly 4 or 5 seniors this year. oh and you can never overlook pikeville. although colvin and gooch were both really strong assets to the team i still expect them to come out fighting. the rest of the teams in the 15th are still kind of young so if they don't have a good year this year i expect a lot from them in the upcoming seasons.