Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 06-07
What are everyones thoughts on this years paintsville team?they should be very good.and what about the transfer van ferguson.i have heard he is amazing but no one has seem him play.lets here everyones thoughts.
yorktom Wrote:What are everyones thoughts on this years paintsville team?they should be very good.and what about the transfer van ferguson.i have heard he is amazing but no one has seem him play.lets here everyones thoughts.

Ferguson grew up in the Paintsville school system before his family moved to Florida. They have came back and the kid learned to play some basketball. I haven't seen him play, but some of the boys said he is the difference maker they needed last year.
Ferguson is a very athletic kid. He can jump out of the gym. Paintsville should be pretty solid this year.
Bigman? or just all playmakers, hmm i dont see them doiung anything against a solid team, Allen Central or Prestonsburg will take them down, its like having 5 Kobes on one team.... They all want the ball....But we will see
I have seen the Ferguson kid play over the summer and he is an out-standing talent and gives them alot more height and more strength that they need. Althought they desperately need a big man, I think they will do fine considering that there isnt any threat of a big man in the 57th Dist. nor the 15th Region. But back to the Ferguson kid, he looks to be a pass-first type of player who wants to provide to the team rather than take the spotlight, and with Slone,Vanhoose,Bundy,Grimm and Pack having being their and knowing the system for now 2(going on 3) years will help Ferguson out alot but he is probably a quick learner. And everyone should expect some big things from Paintsville this year. Cant wait till the season starts!
-STAT- Wrote:But back to the Ferguson kid, he looks to be a pass-first type of player who wants to provide to the team rather than take the spotlight, and with Slone,Vanhoose,Bundy,Grimm and Pack

It's a good thing he's a pass-first type of player......
I agree!!
Regional champs this season. Mark it down!!
ducky Wrote:Regional champs this season. Mark it down!!

Yep, it is marked... the same as it has been for the last two years... regional champs all the way for the 3rd year in a row!!!:dontthink
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Justin Credible Wrote:hmm i dont see them doiung anything against a solid team, allen central or prestonsburg will take them down

:thatsfunn :lmao:

What does Prestonsburg have, they lost EVERYTHING. What does Allen Central have.
Well, I will say again that Paintsville should win the Region. But they failed to deliver last year. They do need a big man, but they have the talent to win without one. They should win the Region easily, but they still have to prove that they CAN DO IT!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Well, I will say again that Paintsville should win the Region. But they failed to deliver last year. They do need a big man, but they have the talent to win without one. They should win the Region easily, but they still have to prove that they CAN DO IT!

You're right, they do need a big man. That's where JD VanHoose and Van comes in to play. There is no reason JD shouldn't be down low, yeah I know he can shoot the lights out from 3 point land, so what. He can still shoot three's, he needs to be down low using his quickness and moves. There aint a "big man" in this region who could stop him IMO. And Van is 6-4, he might be on the skinny side but with his hops all he would have to do catch it, turn and shoot.
I would agree with PC 98, but you could even also put Slone down low with Vanhoose and Van at times. Although he does bring the ball up the floor alot, they still have Grimm and Bundy to do that job. Slone is around 6'3 near the same height as Vanhoose and his upper body strength is getting bigger from seeing him play this summer, and just like Van he has the hops to so he could get down low and catch it and shoot a little jump shot. Plus he does have some very nice post moves when he gets down low. They do have the talent to play as big men, b/c the biggest big man in the 15th isnt no 6'9 6'10 monster, just about the same height as these kids and as about as tough. If coach Runyon would put them down low, it will be very tough to stop them.
from what i have heard Van will be either the PG or the SG...
Should be an exciting team to watch. Can't wait till The Hoops Classic. I love going and watching those games. Some Very Good teams come in for that. Great Tourney!
-STAT- Wrote:I would agree with PC 98, but you could even also put Slone down low with Vanhoose and Van at times. Although he does bring the ball up the floor alot, they still have Grimm and Bundy to do that job. Slone is around 6'3 near the same height as Vanhoose and his upper body strength is getting bigger from seeing him play this summer, and just like Van he has the hops to so he could get down low and catch it and shoot a little jump shot. Plus he does have some very nice post moves when he gets down low. They do have the talent to play as big men, b/c the biggest big man in the 15th isnt no 6'9 6'10 monster, just about the same height as these kids and as about as tough. If coach Runyon would put them down low, it will be very tough to stop them.
if im not mistaking, the biggest kid in the 15th is 6'10'' at Pikeville and hes no walk in the park either. following him you've got a 6'7 and a 6'5 and a 6'4 at Prestonsburg which believe me , none of those 3 are cakewalks. Theres your size right there. I would love to see you play Van Or Landon on any of the kids I named. But if you play a team with a 6'3 or smaller bigman than im sure Paintsviille will come out on top unless you play them at Paintsville then no matter if their playing against Yao Ming, Painstville will still win.
Obviously you have a strong hatred towards Paintsville and you can't face the fact that Paintsville will just flat out be better than Prestonsburg this year. I would like to see you play against some of those guys you named as well.
Honestly I could see Paintsville vs. Prestonsburg being a good game. Yeah Pville has Landon and Van but look at Pburg they have Hughes and Hall and a Damn good bigman. So I see a good game.
and NO I am not a fan of "the ville" at all.
Well, any game CAN turn into a good game as we see every year throughout the season. But I would say that the Region is Paintsville's to lose. But then it was last year too and they lost it. So we will have to see what Runyon can do with this team. Team chemistry goes a long way and talent falls short frequently. Time will tell.
Overrated until they prove something. That's all I heard last year was how awesome Paintsville is, the few times I seen them play I wasn't very impressed. Too much selfishness from what I could tell, #12 is a ball hog.
Coal Miner Wrote:Overrated until they prove something. That's all I heard last year was how awesome Paintsville is, the few times I seen them play I wasn't very impressed. Too much selfishness from what I could tell, #12 is a ball hog.

:thumpsup: The few times the Tigers did play as a team, you could see their potential... and they usually won. BUT unfortunately, they played with terrible team chemistry most of the games and still won a lot of them. But you can't win tournaments without team ball. I guess we will see if BMR can get the Tigers' heads on straight so that people can see this teams true potential.
I hope they win it! They are the DUKE of the 15th Region! What I mean by that is everybody wants to see them beat! But, I like them because they are scrappy and never give up! No matter what they have ever year you better be ready. Because they come to play night in and night out! I would love to be on a team like that, were people cheer like crazy when they beat ya and when you beat them you break their hearts and piss them off! LOL! I love it when I get the chance to watch them and I get to see the crowds faces and reactions when the Tigers roll into town and break their hearts! All you hear is BMR has the refs in his pocket or they always get the calls. It's hilarious to listen to people just cry and cry! LOL!!! Sorry everybody, I just had to say how I felt! Go Tigers! Still one of the biggest drawing games, no matter where you play!
OffTheHook Wrote:I hope they win it! They are the DUKE of the 15th Region! What I mean by that is everybody wants to see them beat! But, I like them because they are scrappy and never give up! No matter what they have ever year you better be ready. Because they come to play night in and night out! I would love to be on a team like that, were people cheer like crazy when they beat ya and when you beat them you break their hearts and piss them off! LOL! I love it when I get the chance to watch them and I get to see the crowds faces and reactions when the Tigers roll into town and break their hearts! All you hear is BMR has the refs in his pocket or they always get the calls. It's hilarious to listen to people just cry and cry! LOL!!! Sorry everybody, I just had to say how I felt! Go Tigers! Still one of the biggest drawing games, no matter where you play!
DUKE of the 15th region?

They haven't won a regional title in 9 years.

I think in the last 10 years that the distinction would go to Shelby Valley.
rooster Wrote:DUKE of the 15th region?

I think what he was talking about was that just about everyone hates Duke, and everyone in the 15th hates Paintsville, or at least thats what I was hoping.
I am several miles from Paintsville and have total respect for what Bill Mike has accomplished at the school. I have loyalties to another school in the 15th however I am far from hating Paintsville High School.
If someone can't respect what Coach Runyon has done at Paintsville and what he has done for all of mountain basketball during his days as head coach they may have a few screws loose. He is a fierce competitor on the court and off the court he is probably one of the best individuals you can ever meet. I'm glad I had the opprotunity to play under him for a year, and was there another 3 to cheer him on. I believe he has crossed the 500 win mark at Paintsville hasn't he? I know as of last year during his time at PHS he was averaging 20 wins a season.
rooster Wrote:DUKE of the 15th region?

They haven't won a regional title in 9 years.

I think in the last 10 years that the distinction would go to Shelby Valley.

Thank You PHSCARD. I guess I must quote what I said sinse he didn't take the time to read it.
I said, and I quote "They are the DUKE of the 15th Region! What I mean by that is everybody wants to see them beat! " un-quote.
I think that is pretty clear. Nothing else should be taken from that. It means what it says and that's all. :dontthink
OffTheHook Wrote:Thank You PHSCARD.

:thumpsup:
These guys have been hyped for the last 2 years as the best team in the region and they do have some talented players, but they have played great one night and the horrible the next. If they ever decide to play together as a team they could be very good, but on the other hand they if they continue to play the way they have for the last 2 years they won't make it out of the region.