Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Volleyball Teams
Rank the top 5
And Region Champ
1. Johnson Central (playing good as of right now)
2. South Floyd (split with Pike central over the weekend, 1 loss in region)
2b Pike Central (beat Belfry)
4. Belfry (beat Johnson Central, loss to Pike Central)
5 Allen Central (hard schedule might help at tournament time)

Belfry to win until someone beats them in the regional
so one loss drops belfry to 4th? come tourney time the loss to pike central will prove to be a fluke.
I Think That The 15Th Region Is Still Too Close To Call. Until Someone Beats Belfry In The Finals, I Think That They Are Still The Favorites. It Could Come Down To Whoever Is "HOT" Come tournament Time. :Thumbs:
I think that Johnson Central and Belfry are the top teams right now. They are the top 2 in the region in my opinion. I haven't heard much about South Floyd and Pike Central, but I would rank Allen Central before them, but who knows come tournament time...it can all change.
Who are the 15th Region teams? I'm new to all of this and I have found that there are different teams in a region depending on the sport you are playing...so if you could just list them I'd be grateful.
EagleMom Wrote:Who are the 15th Region teams? I'm new to all of this and I have found that there are different teams in a region depending on the sport you are playing...so if you could just list them I'd be grateful.

Magoffin County
Paintsville
Sheldon Clark
Johnson Central
Prestonsburg
Allen Central
Betsy Layne
South Floyd
Pikeville
Pike Central Central
Belfry
Shelby Valley
Phelps
East Ridge
I believe that is all the teams in the 15Th Region. There are 4 Districts: 54Th--Johnson, Magoffin, and Martin Counties. 55Th--Floyd County: 56Th--Pike county and 57Th----Pike County
meganwillis10 Wrote:1. Johnson Central (playing good as of right now)
2. South Floyd (split with Pike central over the weekend, 1 loss in region)
2b Pike Central (beat Belfry)
4. Belfry (beat Johnson Central, loss to Pike Central)
5 Allen Central (hard schedule might help at tournament time)

Belfry to win until someone beats them in the regional

Belfry better step their game up or they won't be going anywhere.
1. Allen Central (After beating Belfry they are goin to be unstoppable)
2. Belfry (lost to Allen Central and Pike Central)
3. Johnson Central (Strong team)
4. Pike Central (Beat Belfry)
5. South Floyd
[B] South Floyd is under "the radar" so to speak..they are definitely a contender....
Allen Central
Belfry
Johnson Central
South Floyd
Magoffin County
Paintsville
Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
Betsy Layne
Pikeville
Pike Central Central
Shelby Valley
Phelps
East Ridge
The top 5 as I see them are:
1. Belfry
2. South Floyd
3. Allen Central
4. Johnson Central
5. Pike Central
As for the Regional Champs-that will depend on how they fall in the bracket and which team shows up for each of them on game night. South Floyd is the sleeper and a young team and should have a good future. Belfry's loss to Allen Central could produce some surprises at Tournament time. Coach Mounts will have his team in gear for the tournament.
1. Belfry
2. South Floyd
3. Allen Central
4. Pike Central
5. Johnson Central
1.JOHNSON CENTRAL
2.SOUTH FLOYD
3.ALLEN CENTRAL
4.BELFRY
5.PIKE CENTRAL

Betsy Layne is playing well also...East Ridge is unpredictable.
sheldon clark and prestonsburg good also on any given night
hmmmm.... ne thoughts about Sheldon Clark??? They seem to be improving with each and every game... They can play with all of the teams that everyone has been saying is the top in the region.... ya never know... they won a match against South Floyd... and they can definatley play with Paintsville... so yeah... I think they have a shot too... I guess we will just have to see how it goes...
ggh04 Wrote:hmmmm.... ne thoughts about Sheldon Clark??? They seem to be improving with each and every game... They can play with all of the teams that everyone has been saying is the top in the region.... ya never know... they won a match against South Floyd... and they can definatley play with Paintsville... so yeah... I think they have a shot too... I guess we will just have to see how it goes...
Just Curiious----Where was the match that they won against South Floyd Played? :CE_DP_Ste
I don't see where SCHS had beaten SF either.....
I did see a post on another thread that Sheldon Clark had beaten them in the "A" Volleyball Tourney...
OldAndDecrepit Wrote:Just Curiious----Where was the match that they won against South Floyd Played? :CE_DP_Ste

it was in the Belfry Bash... .. I dont remember the score exactly but they did win one match...
They (SC) won a game not a match against South Floyd.

But as of late sf has struggled at best with losses to AC paintsville and prestonsburg
ggh04 Wrote:it was in the Belfry Bash... .. I dont remember the score exactly but they did win one match...

Belfry Bash---South Floyd VS Sheldon Clark: 25-15--South Floyd; 25-16--Sheldon Clark; 25-10--South Floyd; Winner of match--South Floyd

All "A"---South Floyd VS Sheldon Clard: 21-4--South Floyd; 21-11--South Floyd; Winner match--South Floyd

According to the KHSAA web site, this is the only two times that the two teams played. :popcorn:
1. I think will be decided thurs. when BHS and JCHS play
2. ___
3. AC
4. SF
5. PC

it will be a good regional tourn.
Should be a great tournament. District (55th) will be a key...two good teams will not be there in South Floyd, Allen Central, P'burg & Betsy Layne. Each one has won a match/game versus the other, just shows the balance of this district. Magoffin County is another team if Lakayla's ankle is back to full strength. Paintsville has played JC strong. Another team out of these three can't be there. The tourny is at East Ridge...can't underestimate home court. Pike Central and Belfry split this year but they can't be in the same bracket. Will be interesting!

Any word on district brackets? Please post.
55th
AC vs. B. layne
SF vs. P,burg
Doc Holliday Wrote:55th
AC vs. B. layne
SF vs. P,burg

Will the 55th be on Monday-Tuesday or Tuesday-Wednesday?
who will JC play in their district
when is the 55th district tournement
OldAndDecrepit Wrote:Belfry Bash---South Floyd VS Sheldon Clark: 25-15--South Floyd; 25-16--Sheldon Clark; 25-10--South Floyd; Winner of match--South Floyd

All "A"---South Floyd VS Sheldon Clard: 21-4--South Floyd; 21-11--South Floyd; Winner match--South Floyd

According to the KHSAA web site, this is the only two times that the two teams played. :popcorn:

I see what you are trying to say, but thats not what I meant..its done and over with.... but one match was won by Sheldon Clark...ok.. 25-16 Sheldon Clark in the Belfry Bash.. thats what I meant... it doesnt matter ne more...ok?
Tues and wed
54th District