Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 20 East Ridge 12
NYY10 Wrote:I herd East Ridge beat Grundy in Passing League, You no is that is true

East Ridge and Grundy scrimaged which ended in a tie... ER's last TD got called back because of an illegal block which caused the tie.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:East Ridge and Grundy scrimaged which ended in a tie... ER's last TD got called back because of an illegal block which caused the tie.

Thanks, so it was a scrimage not passing league
alltimeplayer5 Wrote:i cannot believe vally is 5-0... wat had their scedule been so far?
They lost one, but won on a forfit that was ruled upon this week. But none the less, they have shown some promise, just see how it follows in the weeks to come,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yea, I wonder how the Shelby Valley and Grundy game will be
Congrats to Shelby Valley!!
Congrats Valley
NYY10 Wrote:Yea, I wonder how the Shelby Valley and Grundy game will be

Saunders said HE has never lost to Grundy and he doesn't plan on losing to them as the coach of Shelby Valley, either.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Saunders said HE has never lost to Grundy and he doesn't plan on losing to them as the coach of Shelby Valley, either.

He has never,ever,no where he"s ever coached played GRUNDY...seems Mr.Saunders misrepresents himself....A true Legend in his own mind kinda guy...he can plan what he wants but this one could be ugly for him....
Way to go Valley:Thumbs:
gridironguru Wrote:He has never,ever,no where he"s ever coached played GRUNDY...seems Mr.Saunders misrepresents himself....A true Legend in his own mind kinda guy...he can plan what he wants but this one could be ugly for him....

Well I was told by many people that he said this...so take it as whatever.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Well I was told by many people that he said this...so take it as whatever.

Thats cool flywithme....I dint say it to start a hate thread im glad for the Valley turn around...there playin good but all the credit aint all to the coach it"s the kids thats getting the job done.....Coach Newsome from Virgie is a big reason for your success because these kids you have now doing so well where his team he molded a couple yrs ago.....I ve heard a lotta quotes from your new coach seems he has no trouble telling it the way it suits him....doesent have to be factual....anything I told ya can be searched out on the net.....
congrats Valley
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Saunders said HE has never lost to Grundy and he doesn't plan on losing to them as the coach of Shelby Valley, either.

Well lets hope he keeps it that way this Friday!!!
Valley had 8 offsides penaltys in the first half. Just just hav'nt seem to come out focused the past 2 weeks. One of Valleys players on the line may have been playing witgh a slight concussion and just didn't know it coulda been the reason for the offsides. But all around good game. Talked to the Valley player and seems to be doing very good today actually played some NCAA Football with him in which I won. But valley come out and scored 20 unserwerd points just proves a point on what thy can do when they get focused.
Where's all the bashers???
MR. PILLOW PANTS WHERE ARE YOU?????????:howdy:
I know you'll have something to say about Valley winning and Coach Saunders stealing your lunch money.
:thatsfunn

And Coach Rowe's never lost to Belfry - doesn't mean a thing.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:MR. PILLOW PANTS WHERE ARE YOU?????????:howdy:
I know you'll have something to say about Valley winning and Coach Saunders stealing your lunch money.
:thatsfunn

Haha..maybe he is scared (lol)
Congrats Valley
congrats to valley, hard game played by both, keep your focus Warriors for the next up and coming game against the cards..I can say one thing for sure, if I had a $100 for each of the offsides SV got and the ones that weren't called, well... I'm just kidding!!!

Smile
GO WARRIORS
love@bball Wrote:congrats to valley, hard game played by both, keep your focus Warriors for the next up and coming game against the cards..I can say one thing for sure, if I had a $100 for each of the offsides SV got and the ones that weren't called, well... I'm just kidding!!!

Smile
GO WARRIORS

always an excuse
We need to remember that this was a good game and both sides played well. The kid who jumped offsides is probably valley best player and was only trying to make bigger plays, no excuses needed.
NYY10 Wrote:always an excuse

you do know that the things you are saying is to kids...you act alot like one so i suppose you are. you dont say things like that if you "win with class." Class is something you do lack. Congrats to the Cats. Way to come out in the 2nd half.

Ask him what his coaching record is against Grundy, not how many times he has lost. I am sure Saunders can brag about never getting beat by the Steelers, Bengles, and a whole lot of other teams... but if he never played against them..... that is a different story.

Does anyone know the competition of Grundys schedule? I think it is better for a team to loose against a more talented squad than it is to beat teams that are a few levels lower than you are. You learn from close games, win or lose, not blowouts.... That is something that is needed to be kept in mind. Where Valley is a kentucky school and Grundy isnt, I am for Valley. I just hope they can live up to the hype that is placed on them. But their schedule starts now against good teams. Lets see how they do for the rest of the season.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
NYY10 Wrote:always an excuse

you have taken my comment and made it something more, I never said that was the reason why we lost, we screwed up in the end and lost our chance, the offsides comment was not focused on one sv player, I taped the whole game and there were a few by both teams that I saw.. too, and I know it happens because there so ready to make the big play and trying to focus, so no excuses O.K., congrats to SV..Again, you beat us fair and square

Good luck Warriors on the game this Friday!!!
:Cheerlead
gridironguru Wrote:Thats cool flywithme....I dint say it to start a hate thread im glad for the Valley turn around...there playin good but all the credit aint all to the coach it"s the kids thats getting the job done.....Coach Newsome from Virgie is a big reason for your success because these kids you have now doing so well where his team he molded a couple yrs ago.....I ve heard a lotta quotes from your new coach seems he has no trouble telling it the way it suits him....doesent have to be factual....anything I told ya can be searched out on the net.....

You are wrong...As a football coach, the current seniors never played under Newsome and the juniors only played under him their 8th grade year.

Too many remarks are made on this site that are not researched well.
kysportsguru Wrote:You are wrong...As a football coach, the current seniors never played under Newsome and the juniors only played under him their 8th grade year.

Too many remarks are made on this site that are not researched well.

Gridironguru was right on with his post....maybe those seniors didnt play for Newsome but the majority of those kids did and he"s right.....big deal..I guess next time he"ll list each kid inividually so as not to confuse you.....
Coach Cline Wrote:you do know that the things you are saying is to kids...you act alot like one so i suppose you are. you dont say things like that if you "win with class." Class is something you do lack. Congrats to the Cats. Way to come out in the 2nd half.

Uh yea, im only 17 so I guess that does make me a Kid then dont it!!!
Coach Cline Wrote:you do know that the things you are saying is to kids...you act alot like one so i suppose you are. you dont say things like that if you "win with class." Class is something you do lack. Congrats to the Cats. Way to come out in the 2nd half.

How was he supposed to know what he is sayign is to kids???????

As much as I hear about class and us being classless I'm gettin shirts printed up that say SHLBY VALLEY on the front and CLASSLESS AND LOVING IT on the back. And also there need to be losing with class don't you agree?
two color blue Wrote:We need to remember that this was a good game and both sides played well. The kid who jumped offsides is probably valley best player and was only trying to make bigger plays, no excuses needed.

Thank you for this comment. The kid is my cousin. Tyler Cable #74. And he dose lead the team in tackles. And is getting some looks and letters from Cambellsville. And he did play at ER with a slight concusion he did not know about but he is doing fine and dandy and is really hyped about the grundy game.