Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Running Back in AA Football ???
robbie raker-powell
kasey clark-russell

robbie has over 300+ yds in 4 games first year playing football
So he is averaging 75 yards a game for the worst team in 2A, and you are comparing him to Casey Clark. He is the best RB on the one of the best teams in 2A. That is hilarious.
HazzBeen Wrote:So he is averaging 75 yards a game for the worst team in 2A, and you are comparing him to Casey Clark. He is the best RB on the one of the best teams in 2A. That is hilarious.

Just for the record it is Kasey Clark. :thumpsup:

I agree. We have to wait till the end of the season to make a better judgment. While I'm sure Raker is a great back he is a first year player. Kasey has proved himself on both sides of the ball for several years. It is my understanding that Powell has faced some very weak opponents so far this year. We will get a better idea of Raker over the next several weeks. I look forward to watching this young man next week at Russell. Which will be my only opportunity to see him play. Best of luck to him.

BTW Could someone give me his number so I know who to watch for. Thanks....
Kasey Clark, as of now, and I don't see it changing before the year is over.
HazzBeen Wrote:So he is averaging 75 yards a game for the worst team in 2A, and you are comparing him to Casey Clark. He is the best RB on the one of the best teams in 2A. That is hilarious.

... So a RB averaging 75 ypg on a GOOD team is better?...
I dont see what you mean here...Seems like 75 ypg on a bad team is pretty good; it shows he has to work for his yards...
Not trying to start something, just curious is to why that is "hilarious."
Kasey Clark...hands down:thumpsup: Belfry has a few good backs also,that will pound the interior line
Running back for Mercer co.
Won in the Trenches Wrote:... So a RB averaging 75 ypg on a GOOD team is better?...
I dont see what you mean here...Seems like 75 ypg on a bad team is pretty good; it shows he has to work for his yards...
Not trying to start something, just curious is to why that is "hilarious."

Actually Clark is averaging 112.25 ypg. 4 games 449 yards 11 TDs (10 rushing, 1 recieving)

Also Clark has been pulled out early in 3 of 4 games. The only full game was at Ashland and that was 150 yards and 2 TDs.
I am not from Russell nor Powell County. But I know without even seeing this kid play that Clark is way better. Betsy Layne beat Powell County. I watched the Clark kid play in the State Championship and he there is no one on either team that (BL or PC)that could tackle that kid.
Thats pretty solid Raker, wish you were back for another year. Good job though.
Clark is the best with May in second.
I have to agree. Clark is a very quick and mobile athlete. He played with another great RB from Russell Josh Gross about two years ago. Does anyone know where Gross is playing now?Im sure he must be playing college ball.
Godspeed Wrote:I have to agree. Clark is a very quick and mobile athlete. He played with another great RB from Russell Josh Gross about two years ago. Does anyone know where Gross is playing now?Im sure he must be playing college ball.
Gross is playing at Georgetown.
KASEY CLARK................CANT GET NO BETTER HERE...... [I] Hard to beat Mercer with 4 backs that averaged 1000 yards a season, all in one backfield
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
kasey clark- Russell
kasey clark
Kasey Clark
The more I listen to FBALL the more I am starting to believe in this Russell team... I am glad that my name is Devilologist,, or I could have been something like PigFarmer or something important..... Go Devils....!!!!
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devilologist Wrote:The more I listen to FBALL the more I am starting to believe in this Russell team... I am glad that my name is Devilologist,, or I could have been something like PigFarmer or something important..... Go Devils....!!!!

You should listen to me more often PigFarmer.:moon:
The next thing out of your mouth will be. "Take this pebble from my hand.....Grasshopper"
Howard- Leslie
Brandon Ford sate rushing leader in AA Mercer co.
Justin Collins state scoring leader in AA Western
Kasey Clark avg . over 100 yards a game for defending state champs
I think guys on here should be the best like the post says. You cant compare every kid who might have a good game to these players.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Brandon Ford sate rushing leader in AA Mercer co.
Justin Collins state scoring leader in AA Western
Kasey Clark avg . over 100 yards a game for defending state champs
I think guys on here should be the best like the post says. You cant compare every kid who might have a good game to these players.

Good Post:Thumbs:
NYY10 Wrote:Good Post:Thumbs:

How much playing time does the other boys have at Merger or Western.????
I know that Clark only has limited carries and does not play much in the second half..... SURE McGlone could keep him in and run him in the 3rd and 4th and yes he would be the leading state scorer and yardage leader. Russell does not do it. So it is hard to compare KIDS when ADULTS control the game....
HazzBeen Wrote:I am not from Russell nor Powell County. But I know without even seeing this kid play that Clark is way better. Betsy Layne beat Powell County. I watched the Clark kid play in the State Championship and he there is no one on either team that (BL or PC)that could tackle that kid.

[b]Kasey Clark No doubt! As HazzBeen mentioned, anyone who watched Kasey play in the State Championship game last year would say the same thing. He was something special to watch. I can't tell you his stats from that game off the top of my head like Midee1 or Devilologist would be able to do (help me out there guys), but he was the MVP of the State Championship game as a junior. A couple of things I will mention about Kasey's performance in that game. While walking through the luxury suite area at half time, all the college scouts that were watching the game on the TV monitors were talking about him. I overheard one of them on a cell phone say "you've got to see this Clark kid from Russell, he's a man among boys". And the size O.C.'s defense looked like a small college team on the field, and I don't think any of them went both ways like Kasey does. When I went down on the field for the final 5 minutes of the game Kasey was still going strong. He was crushing 6'5" 250 lb. linemen and running over them and then drag 1 or 2 linebackers 4 & 5 yds. While I was listening to the KHSAA radio commentators during the 3A game on the way home they kept talking about him throughout that game. I remember at one point one of them saying "what about that Kasey Clark from Russell, wasn’t he something to watch".

Kasey is also a great person off the field. He referee's JFL games all day on Saturday's and is great with the kids. He starts at 9am on Saturday and will go all day. It's hard to keep the little guys focused when their hero is on the field. My kids love him to death. Usually in between games Kasey will let the kids chase him and tackle him, then 4 or 5 kids will pile on. After I have to get on the kids for pilling on him, he will get up laughing and take off running again. I can see it now in the headlines of the paper, Kasey Clark setting out on Friday night due to an injury at a JFL game. But the elementary school kids idolize him. I see a lot of kids at the schools and on Friday nights wearing Clark 24 jerseys.

Devil68 :devilflam

[/b]
Kasey's game at state was simply amazing. He was playing like a man among boys. He had 36 carries for 190 yards with 3 TDs. He also had the only reception on the night for the Devils, an 11 yarder in the endzone for a 4th TD.
Here ya go 68

Kasey Clark

Rushing 36-190 YDS and 3 TD's
Receiving 1-11 YDS and 1 TD

Entire team 60-285 yds 4TD's
Ryne Wilfong for newport is good
He may be up and coming but Kasey is hands down the best inthe EAST...
If the thread read "best Fb in the moutain" I think it would be unanimous. Dustin May from Belfry.

Best Rb - Clark, Howard, Darden?