Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Linebackers In the Mountains
SO who do u think is the best linebackers in the mountains?
Not a doubt in my mind Micheal Tackett Johnson Central his counter part Blake Johnson is good too just doesn't seem healthy. Tackett playes hard on every play and hits someone hard every play.
I am
Josh Wills from Russell, but he is not rom the mountains, He fills the spot well left by Derek Timberlake
Timmy Baker MLB for Leslie.
Dustin May - Belfry
Mr. Right Wrote:Dustin May - Belfry
I second that.
Dustin May is awfully good.
Nathaniel Stephens for Prestonsburg has done really well this season and he is a good size LB at 6'3 230lb(just a guess) ! He is in on every tackle !
John Taylor-Jenkins
the kid plays hard on every play and he is a headhunter
i agree timmy backer is a man child for leslie...
Jon Shriner is an excellent LB for Powell County..although he may not get the credit he deserves..very strong and works very hard. Had over 110 tackles last year. Expect big things out of him this year.
Dustin May is a talented LB
Tim and Ted Honaker from Pikeville, Most athletically gifted LBs Ive seen in a long time.
jon shriner from powell co is an outstanding linebacker
To go along with the aforementioned:
Brent Slusher-Bell Co.
Hank Simpson-Letcher Co. Central
Kyle Sublett-Paintsville
when he is healthy john michael mayo is the best lb in the mtns, imo. it doesnt hurt having 2 athletic lb beside him in tim and ted honaker
PantherPride68 Wrote:Tim and Ted Honaker from Pikeville, Most athletically gifted LBs Ive seen in a long time.
Athletic, Yes.
Linebackers,NO.
Cornerbacks on most teams.
IMO
fox sports Wrote:Athletic, Yes.
Linebackers,NO.
Cornerbacks on most teams.
IMO
5'11" almost 200 lbs. each
on a small class a football team LB yes, corners yes, but LB first
I think that Jon Shriner from powell is the hardest hitting Linebacker I know.He will hit you and he stands about 6'2 and close to 300 pounds and he can move when he wants to.I'm not for sure but i think hes throwing up well over 350 in the weight room.He is also a very talented center.Good lead blocker and is capable of blocking several defenders in one play.
TRAIN85 Wrote:5'11" almost 200 lbs. each
Really? The roster I have lists them at 185.
If you extend the mountains up through the hills to Ashland I'd take Fields Davis who returns for his senior after being named 2nd team all-state last season. He seems to be in on every tackle for the Tomcat defense and has about 80% of the big hits.
Tomcat68 Wrote:If you extend the mountains up through the hills to Ashland I'd take Fields Davis who returns for his senior after being named 2nd team all-state last season. He seems to be in on every tackle for the Tomcat defense and has about 80% of the big hits.

If Midee and Devilologist keep on insisting that Russell is part of the "mountains" then Ashland must be as well. That being the case Davis must be considered. He makes every big stop for Ashland. He is a tremendous football player.

Also Josh Wills of Russell. Very similar to Davis.
FBALL Wrote:If Midee and Devilologist keep on insisting that Russell is part of the "mountains" then Ashland must be as well. That being the case Davis must be considered. He makes every big stop for Ashland. He is a tremendous football player.

Also Josh Wills of Russell. Very similar to Davis.

68 I really appreciate you getting FBALL to see the light.Smile A good argument for both Davis and Wills.
TRAIN85 Wrote:5'11" almost 200 lbs. each
how do you get that pikeville is small A school?????
Tomcat68 Wrote:If you extend the mountains up through the hills to Ashland I'd take Fields Davis who returns for his senior after being named 2nd team all-state last season. He seems to be in on every tackle for the Tomcat defense and has about 80% of the big hits.
Perhaps we should extend the thread to Best in Eastern Kentucky??
Jon Shriner from Powell. 6'2 310...quick on his feet for a guy his size. He will put a hit on you.
Hands_80 Wrote:how do you get that pikeville is small A school?????
Last I checked Pikeville is in 1a arent they?
Midee1 Wrote:68 I really appreciate you getting FBALL to see the light.Smile A good argument for both Davis and Wills.

The scary part about Davis and Wills is the fact that they could pass for brothers. Same build, same hair, but Wills is a touch taller and Fields a bit stockier.
Tomcat68 Wrote:The scary part about Davis and Wills is the fact that they could pass for brothers. Same build, same hair, but Wills is a touch taller and Fields a bit stockier.

Does Davis wear the same war paint as Wills? :yikes:
playmaker11 Wrote:Jon Shriner from Powell. 6'2 310....

I certainly hope that was supposed to be 210. If not what a train wreck that could be.:yikes: