Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 35 Portsmouth West, OH 12
Final
Tomcats seem to be getting it going. Might be better than what everyone expected.
TRUE---- They dont look like they did against Raceland. They have improved alot after that game, Ask Russell and Belfry we will tell ya. IMpress me--- Win the District, Region and then go to STATE. It would be nice to have Raceland, Russell and Ashland going to state at the same time....
I won't go that far. LOL
Great win for Ashland. On the road for the first time and just taking care of business. Matt Thomas I heard had another big game. Finally starting to live up to all of the talk.
With Snodgrass and Walters back from injuries These Tomcats are going to be tough to beat.
Congrats Tomcats on a good win. See ya Friday night
Congrats to Ashland
We didn't have the intensity tonight that we had against Belfry and Russell, but we pulled away in the second half and came out with a win. Matt Thomas put up another impressive performance tonight. I'm guessing he rushed for around 150 yards, and he also had 3 rushing touchdowns (including an 80 some yard touchdown run early in the 3rd quarter), and an 80 yard interception return for a touchdown late in the game.
Thomas looked good with 4 total TDs. Also had another long run TD called back on a penalty. Portsmouth West didn't seem to be a very good team. Ashland was extremely flat and had no emotion all game. They did pick it up somewhat in the 2nd half and built up a comfortable margin for the win. Mahan pulled another one of his special plays tonight by fumbling the snap, recovering the fumble, and still tossing it for a touchdown when Kevin Burns made a great play coming back to the ball. All in all, a win is a win. I expected Ashland to be somewhat flat after the Russell game but they didn't have anything tonight. If they would have been playing a better team, they would last tonight, but instead they survived. On to Prestonsburg next week.
I got to watch the point after tonight and see the game post view, Thomas looked good, I new he would come out this year and be tough.
Ashland on another run again!! I told you not to get down on the Tomcats after their loss. Tradition + Pride + athletes + great coaches = Winners!:rockon:
they sure turned their game around, beating three top football programsCONGRATS.:ref2: :help: :devilflam
Tomcat68 Wrote:Thomas looked good with 4 total TDs. Also had another long run TD called back on a penalty. Portsmouth West didn't seem to be a very good team. Ashland was extremely flat and had no emotion all game. They did pick it up somewhat in the 2nd half and built up a comfortable margin for the win. Mahan pulled another one of his special plays tonight by fumbling the snap, recovering the fumble, and still tossing it for a touchdown when Kevin Burns made a great play coming back to the ball. All in all, a win is a win. I expected Ashland to be somewhat flat after the Russell game but they didn't have anything tonight. If they would have been playing a better team, they would last tonight, but instead they survived. On to Prestonsburg next week.
I think we are adding the fumble the snap pick up throw for a touchdown play into the playbook.

:igiveup: No edit by me hit the wrong button sorry TC.

CD
matt could be on his way to a 1000 yard season.
:runtouchd
t-cat50 Wrote:I think we are adding the fumble the snap pick up throw for a touchdown play into the playbook.

Worked for UK minus the TD.
Good to see Ashland taking care of business.
t-cat50 Wrote:I think we are adding the fumble the snap pick up throw for a touchdown play into the playbook.

It has worked so far. We already gave it the friendly name of "The Mahan Special" this week. The bad part about it is that Mahan needs to cut way down on his fumbles during the C/QB exchange, but by dropping the ball you can totally throw a DB off track and make them loss coverage which is what happened to Kasey Clark last week.
Tomcat68 Wrote:It has worked so far. We already gave it the friendly name of "The Mahan Special" this week. The bad part about it is that Mahan needs to cut way down on his fumbles during the C/QB exchange, but by dropping the ball you can totally throw a DB off track and make them loss coverage which is what happened to Kasey Clark last week.
Kasey was blowing coverage all night jumping on matt's routes.
kinda looked like a gameplan to use kasey to spy matt all night.
t-cat50 Wrote:Kasey was blowing coverage all night jumping on matt's routes.
kinda looked like a gameplan to use kasey to spy matt all night.

That was his man. He had the slot reciever most of the night. The only blown coverage was a reaction to the fumbled snap. I would keep that one in the playbook. Very sneaky.
FBALL Wrote:That was his man. He had the slot reciever most of the night. The only blown coverage was a reaction to the fumbled snap. I would keep that one in the playbook. Very sneaky.
running over to cover a already coverd matt and leave ryan bonner open most of the time.
I bet the Tomcats would love the Raceland game back.
t-cat50 Wrote:running over to cover a already coverd matt and leave ryan bonner open most of the time.

I'm not sure about the play you are talking about. But when Thomas lined up in the slot he was Clarks. Unless it was zone coverage. That might explain why he came off of one man to take another. Russell does use alot of zone.
FBALL Wrote:I'm not sure about the play you are talking about. But when Thomas lined up in the slot he was Clarks. Unless it was zone coverage. That might explain why he came off of one man to take another. Russell does use alot of zone.
it just looked like he was playing out of position to play matt alot.
Old school Dawg Wrote:I bet the Tomcats would love the Raceland game back.
any day.
Good job Tomcats. Keep it up..........
t-cat50 Wrote:any day.
Russell would like to have their TD that Kasey had too.....