Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge are you going to name a coach anytime soon?
You heard wrong...he is not interested...nor is he teaching at ER..he is teaching in Boyd County...and not coaching anything ..
the warriros have some talent, but need a ton of work..TON. So, they better get busy and hire a coach.
Hoops Lover Wrote:You heard wrong...he is not interested...nor is he teaching at ER..he is teaching in Boyd County...and not coaching anything ..

Thanks for the correction. Hope everything works out for Les he's a good guy
it will take them a whilt to find them a new coach because they are still suprised pikeville stole their head coach. watch out in the future E.R.
How do you think Pikeville stole their coach? Do you think that DPM woke up one morning and was handcuffed and forced to go there? Or do you think that maybe DPM applied for a job and was accepted? From all the talk that is said on here from people from East Ridge, Pikeville did them a favor anyways. But the favor Pikeville did for East Ridge may just come back to haunt them in the end. DPM seems to be a very nice man and is going to make a good addition to their coaching staff. Why is it when DPM was at East Ridge that people was wanting rid of him, now that he moved on in a decision that HE made, someone stole him?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
DPM makes a great assistant coach but he just isn't head coach material IMO
None Ya!!! None of your Busines!!!
ERblue4ever Wrote:None Ya!!! None of your Busines!!!

Sounds like it isnt much of East Ridges business either or they would have named one already...
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I heard they named one today...Campbell guy from Perry Central...just a rumor.
They need to get Jill and terry morgan. It seems like they coach everything up there! LOL
Still after Trimble I heard!!! Anyone know anything else???
As of last Friday he is not interested...
Pikeville highschool didnt steal Denny Paul May and from what i was told he wasnt even coaching basketball, and the panters didnt steal him from ER he resigned because he was told either to resign or be fired, because yes he is a horrible head coach, he isnt much at assitant either, they only thing he knows how to do well is run? Probably how he got the job at pikeville, good luck to your track team, hope he doesnt throw a fit and tackle another runner or something lol... East Ridge, has named a coach but his name hasnt been released rumors are its a teacher at the Ridge who helped Randy McCoy at Elkhorn in his glory days.... anyways, ill post when i find further information on the matter
Not sure where you are getting you info Big Mike....he WAS NOT asked to resign...nor was he told he would be fired..that's COMPLETELY untrue...the reason ER hasn't named a coach is because of people like you that are not happy with anybody...you guys will want the next coach fired by this time next year..they are having a terrible time trying to get ANYONE to say yes!! Because any coach that wants to build a program and have some stability is staying away...if you don't believe that just ask some of the people ER has approached and that have said no...such as Les Trimble...if they have named a coach then why haven't they released the name?? Going to be a secret till the first game??? Rumors are...just that rumors. You may also want to check your spelling as well as grammar...just a thought!
LOOK FOR SOMEONE ON STAFF TO BE THE NEW COACH. (they have not posted the job as of yet. that is what the article in the paper said.) ALSO LOOK FOR A FORMER COUGAR TO BE THE ASSISTANT. My understanding of the matter if that the job can be filled in house without it being posted.
23 days until the first day of official practice, I hope they hurry.....
Hoops Lover Wrote:Not sure where you are getting you info Big Mike....he WAS NOT asked to resign...nor was he told he would be fired..that's COMPLETELY untrue...the reason ER hasn't named a coach is because of people like you that are not happy with anybody...you guys will want the next coach fired by this time next year..they are having a terrible time trying to get ANYONE to say yes!! Because any coach that wants to build a program and have some stability is staying away...if you don't believe that just ask some of the people ER has approached and that have said no...such as Les Trimble...if they have named a coach then why haven't they released the name?? Going to be a secret till the first game??? Rumors are...just that rumors. You may also want to check your spelling as well as grammar...just a thought!

You hit the nail on the head. Talent was/is down at ER since Hurley left and the people could come to grips with that, they also have too many mommy's and daddy's that want to be coaches.........
Any word on a coach yet? season is getting close. Heard someone from Floyd County might be in the running and he doesn't coach at the High School level!
didn't get any name just someone in Floyd County so who knows!!!!!
i'd like to know who the warriors coach will be
I bet East Ridges players would also 23.... but remember, it is a big big secret.
pnthr2585 Wrote:it will take them a whilt to find them a new coach because they are still suprised pikeville stole their head coach. watch out in the future E.R.
i dont hink pikeville stole their coach, i think he was smart enough to leave.
I don't think Pikeville stole him either, we gave him away. Gladly.

hootie Wrote:They need to get Jill and terry morgan. It seems like they coach everything up there! LOL

You may think it's funny but they stepped up for the Warriors when they needed them. Joe Marson walked out on the Lady Warriors 4 days before their first game and the Morgans took the positions to help out and I think they did a fine job.

As for the comment made about us not being satisfied with anyone, that's totally untrue. You couldn't ask for a better coach nor a better person than James Hurley. A class act right there. Mercer would have been fine as head coach as would countless others. I don't enjoy Randy McCoy as a man much less head of the basketball program. I don't care that DPM is gone, in fact it's pretty much a blessing for the team. I would make a better head coach than he did and have probably been around the game for longer. His son (which is like 9) could outplay and outcoach him. DPM was alright as an assistant but he has no idea what it takes the run a program and that was evident.

I can't wait to find out who they name and hopefully it will be soon. East Ridge may be a little down and out on talent but EVERY school goes through rebuilding years. They have talent to work with and with the right strategies can improve on what is already there. I don't know what to expect out of the team this year, for the most part because I haven't got to see the program developing this season but I can't wait for the season to start and especially to see who fills the position.

zone Wrote:Any word on a coach yet? season is getting close. Heard someone from Floyd County might be in the running and he doesn't coach at the High School level!
didn't get any name just someone in Floyd County so who knows!!!!!

Could they bring someone in from Floyd County when there is a freeze on new hires?

Oh, 20 more days till first official practice.... has the assistant coaches been having open gym for them or anything?
[QUOTE=thetribe]You may think it's funny but they stepped up for the Warriors when they needed them. Joe Marson walked out on the Lady Warriors 4 days before their first game and the Morgans took the positions to help out and I think they did a fine job.

Coach Marson did leave however not everyone knows things that were promised and not met. Walking out is not what happened overnight. Anyone that knows Joe knows he doesn't walk out on anything.
Wyatt, I truely did not know the circumstances with that. I just knew that he left 4 days before the first game and that was the information I relayed. If I am not mistaken Joe Marson was a previous assistant? coach? at FCHS back in the '90s?

Seems like nobody wants to stay at East Ridge too long...its sad to hear...the kids are the ones who suffer
thetribe Wrote:You may think it's funny but they stepped up for the Warriors when they needed them. Joe Marson walked out on the Lady Warriors 4 days before their first game and the Morgans took the positions to help out and I think they did a fine job.

As for the comment made about us not being satisfied with anyone, that's totally untrue. You couldn't ask for a better coach nor a better person than James Hurley. A class act right there. Mercer would have been fine as head coach as would countless others. I don't enjoy Randy McCoy as a man much less head of the basketball program. I don't care that DPM is gone, in fact it's pretty much a blessing for the team. I would make a better head coach than he did and have probably been around the game for longer. His son (which is like 9) could outplay and outcoach him. DPM was alright as an assistant but he has no idea what it takes the run a program and that was evident.

I can't wait to find out who they name and hopefully it will be soon. East Ridge may be a little down and out on talent but EVERY school goes through rebuilding years. They have talent to work with and with the right strategies can improve on what is already there. I don't know what to expect out of the team this year, for the most part because I haven't got to see the program developing this season but I can't wait for the season to start and especially to see who fills the position.

I agree they did a good job! I didn't mean anything from it. You have to have people that are committed to your school and the Morgans are just that!!!!!!!!!!!:thumpsup:
By the way, Joe Marson is a class act and should have had the job from the get go. He already had everything in place when the school opened. I guess the school wishes they would have hired him now!
Kilgore was a bad thing for the school. He couldn't keep his staff happy or even there for that matter. The kids are the ones who suffered in both academics and athletics as a result. Having 10 teachers a year transfer to a different school should have been a flag to the BOE (if they even cared) and something should have been done.