Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weight lifting
Is it good for a kid to lift and work out everyday or every other day???
Yeah ! It's always good to work out but just eat or drink alot of protein and it becomes muscle fast !
When I was in college we worked out Monday-Thursday, and most of the time several of us went in for an arm workout and light bench work on a Friday. Chicks dig a guy with a good set of pipes. We done a lot of explosive lifting, not a lot of low reps/heavy weight, also we done cleans of some form every day. One day do hangs and another day we done power.
this is a new era...to be good you must work a lot and weight lifting is a good way to improve
There is nothing wrong with working out everyday, BUT you have to give you muscles one day to heal and rest after working them out. For instance, say you work out your chest, biceps, and triceps on Monday, then you would want to wait until Wednesday atleast preferably Thursday to work them out again. Then on Tuesday maybe you do some squats, lunges, leg press, etc. And on Wednesday throw in some dead lifts, power cleans, shoulder press, lat pulls, etc. This way you whole body gets a work out while your muscles still have time to heal and recoporate before being used again.
there is a lot of lifting bein done nowadays by highschool teams..have u saw some of these kids??? there huge and i agree with kayaker you gotta give your muscles some time to rest before u stretch em out again
I think you should lift everyday but do upper body 1 day then do lower body the next and make sure you do some agility and core stuff everyday!
Droopy_Cougar Wrote:I think you should lift everyday but do upper body 1 day then do lower body the next and make sure you do some agility and core stuff everyday!

I agree.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Don't forget when you work your Abdominals that they need rest to and shouldn't be worked everyday!
everyday! one lower the next upper body its how you get stronger and faster but the real focus should be on the workout plan you have that is where you can do to much
you can lift everyday but you need to go upper body one day and lower body the next.
wats the most important thing to do, bench??? or Sqaut?
Tailback44 Wrote:wats the most important thing to do, bench??? or Sqaut?

I'd have to say squat... If your a good player you usually play low so you can explode with your legs.
i think the most important thing to do is power-cleans its the most football related lift you can do imo because if you can powerclean well you can knock people's brains out up close or on a run
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I'd have to say squat... If your a good player you usually play low so you can explode with your legs.
I agree, my coach preached about how upper body looks good but a strong lower body will make you hit harder and just be all round better so i would have to say squats as well.
it is good to lift mon-fri..but only work out each musle once a week and rest on sat and sun...