Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Anyone Heard About Floyd Cent.?
I Heard That They Was Going To Combine All Of The High Schools In Floyd County Into One Big School..I Also Heard That When They Do This That Prestonsburg Was Going To Go Independent..

Would That Make The 2 Schools:

Floyd Central
Prestonsburg Independent

Is There Any Truth In This Rumour? If So How Will That Effect The Football Around Here?
I have heard about it. They said when they get 680 finished from minnie to harold. Then it will be pretty central for everyone. I don't see it happeneing for another 5-10 years if it happens at all.....
Not sure what is going to happen
south floyd is not that old they have a lot invested in that school. i could see ac with sf. bl may be a problem they are almost in pikeville. if all 3 could be placed together, that would be interesting.
i have heard the possibility of this happening and really expect it. Probably will be in 5 to 7 years and the three county schools combining would be SF, AC and BL. Prestonsburg could keep their school as a city school. The three combining would be a pretty good bet that it would be placed on the new 680.
I agree...680 would make a real good spot for it
They have been talking about this for years, but enrollment has gone down alot at the Floyd county schools so who knows.
I've heard it for a while, I think it will eventually happen.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Well I heard about them doing this when i was in middle school but it never happend ! I don't think this will ever happen !
oh my god could you even fathom the football juggernaught that ac, sf, and bl would make. lol
i have heard this for years and o doubt it will happen in the next 5 years atleast.....this could make for an interesting football team all 3 schools have programs unlike the schools that consolidated to make east ridge....and pulling from all of those athletes??? could be a nice program
They will not do it cause the school would be a 4A school and the closest 4A school is Whitley Co ! And thats 3 hours away !
My understanding is that there will be a consolidation of BLHS, SFHS and ACHS. However, the new route 680 must be completed first to allow easy access to all 3 areas. Last I heard, Governor Fletcher had pulled all the funding from the route 680 project.

As for SFHS being a new school, I think they are planning to close McDowell and Osborne Elementaries and send them to SFHS along with SFMS.

As far as the new school being a 4A school - that would only apply to football. But with the new 6 class alignment would that still be a problem?