Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's got the best defense in the 15th?
7 out of the last 8 games Pikeville played, win or lose, their opponents didnt even score 50 points. That included holding Magoffin County to 48, Betsy Layne to 45, Shelby Valley to 39, and Johnson Central to 46. Not a bad defensive effort if you ask me.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I will have to go with Shane Grimm from Paintsville. He did a mighty job defending himself last week when a fellow teammate attacked him by slapping and fist punching him in the face. Could this be more trouble for the Big Blue and BMR. Too much fighting amongst each other.
Well...I think JC and Pikeville will have the best defenses IMO
bball fan Wrote:Yes, but he has hung up his basketball shoes. Him and BMR never did see eye to eye!!

wow...this is the first ive herd about this
johnson central plays defense really well, tough to run the floor with thier intense pressure
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:johnson central plays defense really well, tough to run the floor with thier intense pressure

And adding Crum into the mix surely intensifies their defense.
Pikeville
JC-Paintsville-Pikeville
Meek being the best and Honaker being the next best, it will be fun to see how
Paintsville will guard some of the regions best scorers without pugh being on the roster......!!!!!
I think Shelby Valley, Betsy Layne is also a team who plays good D on a typical basis.
WWJD Wrote:I think Shelby Valley, Betsy Layne is also a team who plays good D on a typical basis.

Thats True
Johnson Central gives up some easy baskets due to the pressure they place on opponents. They will very tough defensively this year.
Sweet_16 Wrote:JC-Paintsville-Pikeville
Meek being the best and Honaker being the next best, it will be fun to see how
Paintsville will guard some of the regions best scorers without pugh being on the roster......!!!!!
Paintsvile won't have to guard anyone with Pugh off the roster...the person Pugh guarded best was Landon Slone....with Pugh not playing Landon will average 50 ppg. and Paintsville will just outscore other teams
but Pikeville has the best D
White Mike Wrote:Paintsvile won't have to guard anyone with Pugh off the roster...the person Pugh guarded best was Landon Slone....with Pugh not playing Landon will average 50 ppg. and Paintsville will just outscore other teams
....and whomever Slone guards will score 60. You do the math in figuring out who wins.
How many teams can say they held Shelby Valley to 39 points. Johnson Central to 44? East Ridge to 47?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
White Mike Wrote:Paintsvile won't have to guard anyone with Pugh off the roster...the person Pugh guarded best was Landon Slone....with Pugh not playing Landon will average 50 ppg. and Paintsville will just outscore other teams
Smile Funny but very true.Smile
Pugh could play some good D though.
WWJD Wrote:Smile Funny but very true.Smile
Pugh could play some good D though.
I dont think there is anything funny or true at all with that statement. Pugh may have been the only true team player on the floor last year. It takes an unselfish team player to play defense. And a selfish player in most cases is the one who generally are only concerned with the scorebook. Mark it down now that Paintsville will be less of a TEAM without Pugh. Landon Slone may be the worst thing that has ever happened to Paintsville High School basketball, regardless of if he averages 70 points a game. His arrival has seemed to have been nothing but a total distraction to the Paintsville team.

Obviously there was not good chemistry, but did anyone ever stop to think it was Slone who was the jealous one and not Pugh. The times that I witnessed Slone last year he was hardly an unstoppable player, but he was a player that had problems with stopping anyone else.

If Pugh doesn't play , it is certainly Paintsville's loss.
I would take Landon Slone over Pugh any day
White Mike Wrote:I would take Landon Slone over Pugh any day
Your mentality is a prime example of why nobody out of the 15th region ever makes it out of the 15th region. You really dont have a clue.
In my opinion, very few high school teams in this region play what can be considered "team defense". Each team has one or two players that try to play it. But overall, very few TEAMS play it like it is supposed to be played.
rooster Wrote:I dont think there is anything funny or true at all with that statement. Pugh may have been the only true team player on the floor last year. It takes an unselfish team player to play defense. And a selfish player in most cases is the one who generally are only concerned with the scorebook. Mark it down now that Paintsville will be less of a TEAM without Pugh. Landon Slone may be the worst thing that has ever happened to Paintsville High School basketball, regardless of if he averages 70 points a game. His arrival has seemed to have been nothing but a total distraction to the Paintsville team.

Obviously there was not good chemistry, but did anyone ever stop to think it was Slone who was the jealous one and not Pugh. The times that I witnessed Slone last year he was hardly an unstoppable player, but he was a player that had problems with stopping anyone else.

If Pugh doesn't play , it is certainly Paintsville's loss.
It isn't Paintsvilles loss if he doesn't play...If anything it will make them better and they will play better team ball....looks like your the one that don't have a clue little chicken man
White Mike Wrote:It isn't Paintsvilles loss if he doesn't play...If anything it will make them better and they will play better team ball....looks like your the one that don't have a clue little chicken man
Yeah, well pretty much a response that I expected. As I said, your mentality is just a prime example of why nobody out of the 15th region ever makes it out of the 15th region. Your just one of the masses of teenie boppers that know it all here in the 15th region.
rooster Wrote:Yeah, well pretty much a response that I expected. As I said, your mentality is just a prime example of why nobody out of the 15th region ever makes it out of the 15th region. Your just one of the masses of teenie boppers that know it all here in the 15th region.
some 1 makes it out of the 15th region every year...Johnson Central made it last year
White Mike Wrote:some 1 makes it out of the 15th region every year...Johnson Central made it last year
LOL Thats the funniest thing I've seen in awhile....Good 1 White Mike...:Clap:
WildcatFan08 Wrote:LOL Thats the funniest thing I've seen in awhile....Good 1 White Mike...:Clap:
Add yourself as being one of the intellectual masses out there Wildcat. Anybody that had a clue would know that I was talking about an individual player going on to play Major College basketball . Yeah the 15th region gets an automatic bid to the state tournament, but that's about the only way in most years they are able to get there. As I recall nobody out of the 15th region has managed to win the first game at the state tournament for the last 7 years, and it has been 11 years since anyone out of the 15th region has signed a D1 scholarship.

Its mentalities of some of you guys that fail to realize that you live in your own little "And1" worlds, and dont have the first clue as to what it takes to play D1 basketball, and I can guarantee you that the Daniel Pugh's of the world would have a much better shot at playing than the Landon Slones of the world. You have to be able to play a little defense even at the DIII level,let alone DI. Slone cant shoot out side of the freethrow lane or the charity stripe. He can't rebound, he can't jump, he can't play defense, and he can't rebound, and is not quick. He is able to score on a bunch off 5'9" guards penetrating the free throw lane and drawing a foul, which he would never be able to do against lightening quick 6'4" guards in college. He would never be able to make it to the free throw lane, let alone draw a foul on a shot attempt.

When some of you teenie boppers can get this through your thick skulls, and quit living in your fantasy worlds, the 15th region might start producing a few quality basketball players.
You have hit the nail on the head rooster. Most people in the 15th blieves if you score alot then you are the best, there is alot more to basketball than scoring.
rooster Wrote:Add yourself as being one of the intellectual masses out there Wildcat. Anybody that had a clue would know that I was talking about an individual player going on to play Major College basketball . Yeah the 15th region gets an automatic bid to the state tournament, but that's about the only way in most years they are able to get there. As I recall nobody out of the 15th region has managed to win the first game at the state tournament for the last 7 years, and it has been 11 years since anyone out of the 15th region has signed a D1 scholarship.

Its mentalities of some of you guys that fail to realize that you live in your own little "And1" worlds, and dont have the first clue as to what it takes to play D1 basketball, and I can guarantee you that the Daniel Pugh's of the world would have a much better shot at playing than the Landon Slones of the world. You have to be able to play a little defense even at the DIII level,let alone DI. Slone cant shoot out side of the freethrow lane or the charity stripe. He can't rebound, he can't jump, he can't play defense, and he can't rebound, and is not quick. He is able to score on a bunch off 5'9" guards penetrating the free throw lane and drawing a foul, which he would never be able to do against lightening quick 6'4" guards in college. He would never be able to make it to the free throw lane, let alone draw a foul on a shot attempt.

When some of you teenie boppers can get this through your thick skulls, and quit living in your fantasy worlds, the 15th region might start producing a few quality basketball players.
I beleive some 1 is jealous because Slone is #1 in the region for the second year in a row...i know the Cat's Pause hasn't came out yet but its safe to say that Slone is #1 again. I also belive that he is D-1 material
White Mike Wrote:I beleive some 1 is jealous because Slone is #1 in the region for the second year in a row...i know the Cat's Pause hasn't came out yet but its safe to say that Slone is #1 again. I also belive that he is D-1 material
lol. Yeah right.
White Mike Wrote:I beleive some 1 is jealous because Slone is #1 in the region for the second year in a row...i know the Cat's Pause hasn't came out yet but its safe to say that Slone is #1 again. I also belive that he is D-1 material

your beliefs are skewed...NOBODY in the 15th is D-1 material at this time...
corndog23 Wrote:your beliefs are skewed...NOBODY in the 15th is D-1 material at this time...
Maybe not yeat but I believe potentially he could become a D-I player, he's still young and could use 25-30lbs of muscle, but he is on the right track I believe.