Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
80.00%
Ashland Blazer
20.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Johnson Central at Ashland Blazer 10/25
Johnson Central vs Ashland Blazer. Thoughts?
Johnson Central wins another district title. If the game was played on a neutral field, then I would predict a 14 point margin, but strange things happen when JC plays at Putnam Stadium. Ashland will not slow down JC's running game without penalty flags flying all night long or JC committing a large number of unforced fumbles. If JC leads or the game is close at halftime, then I really like JC's chances of winning. 

Johnson Central's top two kickers are injured, so Ashland will probably get the benefit of good field position most of the night. If the Tomcats hold McCoart below 200 yards rushing, then they will have a chance.
Yeah….Assland won’t be able to slow JC down enough to compete in this one. High scoring game with JC pulling away big in the end
Ashland can’t stop the JC running game consistently. JC has to turn it over and I just don’t see them fumbling the ball away enough to allow Ashland to have a chance. I think Ashland has the QB and weapons to throw on JC but Ashland is not as good as Corbin offensively. JC would have to help them. I expect good fight from the Tomcats especially at home. Good team but they will get out muscled this week.
Yes but can JC slow Ashland down enough to win? That defense for JC has to be concerning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Johnson Central and they will slow down Ashland offense no way the quarterback compares to Corbin’s
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Belichick
What radio station carries the Ashland game so I can listen to Dick Martin?
Isn’t Assland on like 97.1FM
Ashland 42
JC 22

The Tomcats will control McCort and the rest of the Eagle offense will struggle against the Ashland defense. This will be the best defense that Johnson Central has seen all year.
GO TOMCATS
There might be a combined 100 points scored this game. Neither team will stop the other. However Ashland depends on the pass. Easier to sustain a run game than a passing game. As long as JC don’t try to get cute like the Corbin game they will win. JC might score every single time they get the ball. Look for a few long runs from McCourt. Ashland won’t be able to tackle him.
Johnson Central's offense did not struggle against Ashland's defense last season without McCoart in the lineup. The team will not struggle on offense against Ashland with McCoart in the lineup this season.

Johnson Central is currently averaging 440.6 rushing yards per game. The current state record for a season is 419.9 rushing yards per game. This Johnson Central team ranks 10th and 17th in most yards in a game during the current season.

Ashland will need to play a great game defensively to hold McCoart to 22 points and the rest of the team will not struggle against Ashland either. The Tomcats will probably need to score at least 50 to beat Johnson Central.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Belichick
(10-20-2024, 08:37 PM)Tomcat Pride Wrote: Ashland 42
JC 22

The Tomcats will control McCort and the rest of the Eagle offense will struggle against the Ashland defense. This will be the best defense that Johnson Central has seen all year.
Drunk
[-] The following 2 users Like Belichick's post:
  • Glory_Days, Slic Ric
Last year's game between these two was a instant classic.  This one has potential to do the same!

Maybe whoever hits 100 point's first wins this one!   Big Grin

I believe JC rolls and gets the win  Wink
(10-20-2024, 10:07 PM)Belichick Wrote:
JC 22

Drunk

I mean he’s not wrong in saying it’s the best defense they’ve probably played. Much better defense than Corbin, Belfry, and Pikeville.
Who have they played in Ky that’s good? Ashland has a good team. I won’t even argue your point about defense although they haven’t played any of the teams you’ve listed. I wish they did but they seem to schedule safe. Tomcats don’t have good size and JC should manhandle them. We’ll get to see Friday but Ashland’s physicality on defense doesn't impress me. They do have speed. Offensively they are good and should put up some points against JC because even though the Eagle fans hate when I say it, their pass defense isn’t good. They keep proving me right each week though. High scoring game I think but Ashland isn’t beating JC by 3 scores. Gotta be drunk or trolling to come to that conclusion. JC 49 Ashland 35
(10-20-2024, 11:46 PM)Belichick Wrote: Who have they played in Ky that’s good? Ashland has a good team. I won’t even argue your point about defense although they haven’t played any of the teams you’ve listed. I wish they did but they seem to schedule safe. Tomcats don’t have good size and JC should manhandle them. We’ll get to see Friday but Ashland’s physicality on defense doesn't impress me. They do have speed. Offensively they are good and should put up some points against JC because even though the Eagle fans hate when I say it, their pass defense isn’t good. They keep proving me right each week though. High scoring game I think but Ashland isn’t beating JC by 3 scores. Gotta be drunk or trolling to come to that conclusion. JC 49 Ashland 35

Those are the best defenses that JC have played.. and none of those three had very good defenses. I think it’ll be a game where whoever’s got ball last wins and it’ll be in the 40s or 50s.
JC 22

If Ashland holds JC's potent ground attack to 22 points or less then I will watch episodes of Joanie Loves Chachi on a loop for 24 straight hours, while wearing a Scott Baio T-Shirt.  It's more likely that a storm of locust invades the field in Ashland at halftime, followed by a hailstorm and frogs falling out of the sky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • King Kong
JC 22

Well here it is folks. The official outcome of the game is now guaranteed.  . The Prideful One" has been perfect for the last 20 years in assessing the outcome in this game. He has been perfect in being wrong year after year after year after year. And once again, this battle cry will be heard across the land:

"This is the Year"...."This is the Year"...."This is the Year"
Johnson Central leads the All-Time series 17-7

1975: Ashland Blazer 47-14
1986: Johnson Central 18-14
1998: Ashland Blazer 26-20
2001: Ashland Blazer 38-14
2002: Ashland Blazer 43-0
2005: Ashland Blazer 13-10 (The Wide-Right Field Goal game)
2006: Johnson Central 35-7
2006: Johnson Central 28-21 (3A State Playoffs)
2007: Johnson Central 67-33
2008: Johnson Central 41-6
2009: Johnson Central 29-28
2010: Johnson Central 42-26
2011: Ashland Blazer 22-6
2012: Johnson Central 22-21 (Overtime)
2013: Johnson Central 42-7
2014: Johnson Central 42-7
2015: Johnson Central 8-7
2016: Johnson Central 43-6
2016: Johnson Central 51-0 (4A State Playoffs)
2017: Ashland Blazer 21-18
2017: Johnson Central 54-27 (4A State Playoffs)
2018: Johnson Central 47-24
2018: Johnson Central 50-14 (4A State Playoffs)
2023: Johnson Central 36-33
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
My Tomcats will lose. They do have a decent defense but their Achilles heel is the interior run. The Eagle strength is the Tomcat weakness. That doesn’t translate to victory. One would have to be blind or in denial to not see some holes in the Eagle defense but it won’t be enough. The Golden Eagles fly high in this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • Belichick
(10-20-2024, 04:03 PM)THOMCAT Wrote: What radio station carries the Ashland game so I can listen to Dick Martin?

Ashland is on Cats Sports 93.3 FM, doesn't pick up well so its better to go to their website and stream it
(10-21-2024, 09:42 AM)i82much Wrote: My Tomcats will lose. They do have a decent defense but their Achilles heel is the interior run. The Eagle strength is the Tomcat weakness. That doesn’t translate to victory. One would have to be blind or in denial to not see some holes in the Eagle defense but it won’t be enough. The Golden Eagles fly high in this one.
If I had to game plan against JC.... I'd live and die with scoring passing TD's.
Before my fan club chimes in, Ashland has scored 29 rushing TD's & 15 passing TD's so far this season.  The numbers don't lie, but their competition may not tell the whole story.   Boyd County, Rowan County, Greenup County, Raceland, West Jessamine, Bardstown & Russell.... no disrespect to those teams, but they're not what JC is.  Without seeing or knowing anything about the Harvest Preparatory School, it's hard to compare them. 

JC allowed NO rushing TD's against Madison Central.
JC allowed 1 rushing TD against Pikeville.
JC allowed 3 rushing TD's against Belfry.
JC allowed 3 rushing TD's against Breathitt County.
JC allowed 1 rushing TD against Boyd County.
JC allowed NO rushing TD's against North Laurel.
JC allowed 2 rushing TD's against Corbin.
JC allowed NO rushing TD's against Rowan County.
JC allowed 2 rushing TD's against Greenup County.

Allowing 12 rushing TD's in 9 games isn't bad.  Of the 12 rushing TD's, I think about 3 or 4 were against JC's JV/Freshmen.
Belfry, Corbin, Pikeville & Madison Central are really good teams.  North Laurel & Breathitt County are having down years, but are still respectable.

JC has scored 54 rushing TD's in nine games.... with 2 passing TD's.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
A$$land has me weak over here!!!!!
JC gonna whip them in so many ways they will have to like one of them.

JC - 56
Ashland - 17
(10-21-2024, 12:36 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote:
(10-21-2024, 09:42 AM)i82much Wrote: My Tomcats will lose. They do have a decent defense but their Achilles heel is the interior run. The Eagle strength is the Tomcat weakness. That doesn’t translate to victory. One would have to be blind or in denial to not see some holes in the Eagle defense but it won’t be enough. The Golden Eagles fly high in this one.
If I had to game plan against JC.... I'd live and die with scoring passing TD's.
Before my fan club chimes in, Ashland has scored 29 rushing TD's & 15 passing TD's so far this season.  The numbers don't lie, but their competition may not tell the whole story.   Boyd County, Rowan County, Greenup County, Raceland, West Jessamine, Bardstown & Russell.... no disrespect to those teams, but they're not what JC is.  Without seeing or knowing anything about the Harvest Preparatory School, it's hard to compare them. 

JC allowed NO rushing TD's against Madison Central.
JC allowed 1 rushing TD against Pikeville.
JC allowed 3 rushing TD's against Belfry.
JC allowed 3 rushing TD's against Breathitt County.
JC allowed 1 rushing TD against Boyd County.
JC allowed NO rushing TD's against North Laurel.
JC allowed 2 rushing TD's against Corbin.
JC allowed NO rushing TD's against Rowan County.
JC allowed 2 rushing TD's against Greenup County.

Allowing 12 rushing TD's in 9 games isn't bad.  Of the 12 rushing TD's, I think about 3 or 4 were against JC's JV/Freshmen.
Belfry, Corbin, Pikeville & Madison Central are really good teams.  North Laurel & Breathitt County are having down years, but are still respectable.

JC has scored 54 rushing TD's in nine games.... with 2 passing TD's.

It's hard to tell, it really is, Harvest Prep is solid but Ashland got thumped in the second half. Bardstown has proven to be a good team and Raceland was right there with Pikeville, at least they were when each of them played Ashland and Johnson Central. So even though the schedule has been relatively safe, its still been solid. I'm old school but I think you're right. Instead of setting up the pass with the run Ashland may need to set up the run with the pass. If they can do that we'll have a good game to watch. I don't think that will happen though. I've said it time and time again, individual battles on the line of scrimmage wins football games. That edge (as usual) goes to Johnson Central.
(10-20-2024, 04:03 PM)THOMCAT Wrote: What radio station carries the Ashland game so I can listen to Dick Martin?

it’s on Cat Sports 933 and 1320. Which translates to 93.3fm and 1320am. The best way to listen is to download the app. Even if you’re not a Tomcat fan they broadcast all UK games and a lot of other Kentucky stuff. When there’s nothing Kentucky or Ashland playing you can link to ESPN radio. It’s also a CarPlay app which is an added bonus.
I got JC winning this one. I do have to ask the JC faithful about a rumor going around. I’ve heard that McCoart is ineligible due to his age? Rumor is that Corbin was the team that supposedly reported it. Idk how they would even know. I do know that there’s no way Coach Peck, nor the administration would let an ineligible player play. They be are continuing what Matney built, no way they’d risk that.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(10-21-2024, 08:03 PM)Redneck Wrote: I got JC winning this one. I do have to ask the JC faithful about a rumor going around. I’ve heard that McCoart is ineligible due to his age? Rumor is that Corbin was the team that supposedly reported it. Idk how they would even know. I do know that there’s no way Coach Peck, nor the administration would let an ineligible player play. They be are continuing what Matney built, no way they’d risk that.
Im abt 100 percent sure this is false
(10-21-2024, 08:27 PM)HollyWood24 Wrote:
(10-21-2024, 08:03 PM)Redneck Wrote: I got JC winning this one. I do have to ask the JC faithful about a rumor going around. I’ve heard that McCoart is ineligible due to his age? Rumor is that Corbin was the team that supposedly reported it. Idk how they would even know. I do know that there’s no way Coach Peck, nor the administration would let an ineligible player play. They be are continuing what Matney built, no way they’d risk that.
Im abt 100 percent sure this is false
I am all for kids getting to play. I am a big fan of this kid and the season he is having. I'm glad he is eligible and no wrongdoing here by anyone. No reason to throw negative shade towards Johnson Central or the kid. This issue is a non-issue. KHSAA approved and case closed. I expect this game to be another playoff type atmosphere of a game. Two of Class 4A top 5 or 6 teams and depending on the poll arguably top 4 teams. So, I will be watching this one from a distance. I like the announcers of the last Ashland game I listened to online, and they did a heck of a job. I was fired up after that game, I think it was the year Ashland won it all the last time. Big time game and good luck to both teams. Fan of these programs! Enjoy the night, should be a dandy!
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior, Hoot Gibson, i82much, Redneck