Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
85.71%
Paintsville
14.29%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville at Paintsville 10/18
Pikeville vs Paintsville. Thoughts?
Time for Pikeville to start rocking and rolling. I still have them as the best in 1A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School 18's post:
  • jetpilot
Paintsville is down, but I don't think the score will be too lopsided. I think once Pikeville gets the running clock, they will sub heavily. They are too classy of a program to run up the score.
Paintsville is very banged up.

Pikeville rolls easily, 49-8.
Pikeville in a land slide
I hate picking against my boys in blue, but I’m a realist and this one is gonna get ugly in a hurry. Running clock first half, then Mac rests his guys and gets his bench some playing time. Prayers that both teams make it through without any injuries.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
I agree Pikeville
I hate seeing Paintsville's football program declining because of a few key injuries but that is a risk faced by smaller 1A teams. 

I would really like to see Paintsville's football program thriving again because having competitive football teams in eastern Kentucky benefits all of the teams. Students have many extracurricular options today, which can take a toll on football programs, especially those at schools with small enrollments like Paintsville.

Good luck to both teams on an injury-free game. Good luck to the injured players on a speedy recovery and a return to your teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • 2000PHS
Pikeville wins this one. 

I wish Paintsville the best of luck.  They're a tough team that's been in some close battles.  Pikeville is just to much and I have them picked winning another state title. 

Best of luck to both teams
Paintsville should cancel this game
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • FootballFanatic28
It’s crazy to think that just 4 years ago Paintsville was winning a title. I thought there would be a drop off when Joe left, but didn’t expect this.
This game will be over early. And it could not be worse timing for Paintsville to play Pikeville either. Pikeville has played a gauntlet and coming off a bye week getting healthy and haven't won a game in weeks they are going to be hungry and Paintsville is going to have to pay for it. I know one of Paintsville's players got hurt last week so I really hope both teams come out of this injury free. I kind of look for Pikeville to continue limiting Anthony's touches to keep people off his ankles but they have some other nice backs that give them a lot of depth.

I would like to see a clean game with no drama just football. Good luck to both teams moving forward.
Rumor is going around that Johnson will be back for the pike-county central game. Thoughts???
(Yesterday, 01:30 PM)nikescholar9 Wrote: Rumor is going around that Johnson will be back for the pike-county central game.  Thoughts???
I don’t know if this will make a difference in the Pike Central Game. He’s a alright Quarterback not much. Not quick at all and has a hard time at escaping the pocket. Throws a 50/50 ball every single time down the field. Not enough to turn a 2-6 team around
(Yesterday, 01:33 PM)Bobjames01 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:30 PM)nikescholar9 Wrote: Rumor is going around that Johnson will be back for the pike-county central game.  Thoughts???
I don’t know if this will make a difference in the Pike Central Game. He’s a alright Quarterback not much. Not quick at all and has a hard time at escaping the pocket. Throws a 50/50 ball every single time down the field. Not enough to turn a 2-6 team around
Alex Johnson is the best QB Paintsville has saw since Daniel Pugh. He's dynamic and makes everyone around him better. put him on a team like PBURG and they win 2A easily. Tigers are still a top team in the mountains when healthy. GO Tigers!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes nikescholar9's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(Yesterday, 01:39 PM)nikescholar9 Wrote:
Alex Johnson is the best QB Paintsville has saw since Daniel Pugh. He's dynamic and makes everyone around him better. put him on a team like PBURG and they win 2A easily. Tigers are still a top team in the mountains when healthy. GO Tigers!!

Oh my. A delusional Tiger fan once again. Alex Johnson is the best quarterback since AJ James. He reminds me a lot of Phelps Quarterback. He is like a junior year Max Pelfrey. He is the slowest QB that 1A has to offer. I’m taking Jamere Knuckles over him every time. Quicker and better passer. Go Hawks.
Clearly you have Johnson mixed up with someone else. “Not quick”.? Johnson IS Paintsville’s Offense. Even As a sophomore it would be tough to find a senior QB in the Mountains that’s better.

(Yesterday, 01:43 PM)Bobjames01 Wrote:

Oh my. A delusional Tiger fan once again. Alex Johnson is the best quarterback since AJ James. He reminds me a lot of Phelps Quarterback. He is like a junior year Max Pelfrey. He is the slowest QB that 1A has to offer. I’m taking Jamere Knuckles over him every time. Quicker and better passer. Go Hawks.
Ok clearly your just trolling. Enjoy!

Clearly you have Johnson mixed up with someone else. “Not quick”.? Johnson IS Paintsville’s Offense. Even As a sophomore it would be tough to find a senior QB in the Mountains that’s better.
This game is what it is. It will take perfect game plan and execution to keep this competitive after halftime.
Can’t game plan for what’s going to happen to Paintsville. Talent disparity too large. Easy game for Pikeville. JV plays more than half the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Speak it into existence!  Big Grin
(Yesterday, 09:06 PM)2000PHS Wrote: This game is what it is. It will take perfect game plan and execution to keep this competitive after halftime.

Going to have to go with Belichick on this one. If this game is competitive Pikeville isn't ready for a championship run.